All times are UTC+02:00

Post subject: Stereo Tool 7.42
PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2014 3:19 pm 
Site Admin

Stereo Tool version 7.42 is released!

Mainly a lot of bug fixes that were present in version 7.41... But also a few real audio improvements. If you're still using version 7.40 or older versions, this version should give you a double-digit CPU load reduction (especially in Multiband and Natural Dynamics).

# Marian Trace Alpha on Windows 7: Added workaround to avoid driver hangups, which occurred on some systems after some performance optimizations done in version 7.41.
# Added 'Flat tops' mode to Multiband Compressor and Natural Dynamics.
# Added experimental DeLossifier (MP3 artifacts removal filter). So far it only reduces pre-ringing a bit.
# Sound card control: Added locking to non-ASIO audio to protect buffers.
# Declipper: Sound at extremely low latencies (256 samples or less) improved.
# 7.41 bug fix: AM Assymmetry in combination with FM pre-emphasis enabled again.
# 7.41 bug fix: Deemphasized audio didn't work properly under all circumstances in 7.41, fixed again.
# 7.41 bug fix: Fixed potential crash due to a rounding error in the compressor in 64 bit VST plugin.
# 7.41 bug fix: Linux version crashed un startup.
# Code improvement: Potential rounding error in compressor (which could lead to all kinds of issues) fixed.
# Code improvement: Initializing some values that were never initialized before.
# Code improvement: Several 'Division by 0' situations (which were masked so they didn't cause problems) are now completely removed.
# Perfect Declipper separate product now uses the same code base as Stereo Tool again.
# Added a lot of new presets.

Known bug: VST delay is not reported properly when the delossifier is enabled. This causes audio to shift in time, and the end of a recording to be cut off (the shift is 2880 samples).

Post subject: Re: Stereo Tool 7.42
PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 6:50 am 

Awesome sound! I like the Sevdah FM preset over King's Fire 2.

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 1:24 pm 

Quote:
My short time I had to compare both presets told me that King's Fire 2 sounds more loud. What makes Sevdah FM better in your opinion?

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 3:44 pm 

Quote:
Quote:
My short time I had to compare both presets told me that King's Fire 2 sounds more loud. What makes Sevdah FM better in your opinion?
I like the more brighter and vivid sound of the vocals etc. and to me a better quality overall. It is a bit quieter but it doesn't sound so "stuffed". And to my ears the bass sounds more punchy, compared to KF's more boomy bass.