All times are UTC+02:00

Post subject: Improvements for BS.412
PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 3:19 pm 

Hello Hans,
In the last time i experimented with the BS.412- Settings, but there are some issues preventing me from getting fully happy with this.
I have only a few wishes for this:
-Attack/Release flatness, Release inertia and continous Release for the BS.412 compressor like the other comressors have
-selectable base interation times for the compressor and the slow Response limiter
The attack and release Speed is the one aspect, but i would be happy if i could adjust the base integral times, in the Moment for me the base integral of the compressor could be a bit longer and the Integration time of the Slow Response limiter is too long. If the limiter is working it ist mostly a stedy up and down and the period of reduction is so Long that the integrated power gets down. Then the limiter releases to 0db and the power Comes up again. Because of The steady Up and down in Gain reduction the integrated power gets also up and down.
This effect does appear with various Settings of volume rop Speed. With higher drop Speed this "overreduction" is also much higher because the Long Integration time doesn´t match to the reduction Speed.
This effect is also present if the limiter´s gain reduction is within 1db.
And if i decrease the compressor target (Dynamics) i have often the case that the compressor is working, the limiter not and the integrated power is at -1db or so.
And if i decrease the compressor´s down Speed (to achieve less gain reduction at titles with a high Peak - to RMS- Ratio) this short spike that Comes out of the compressor if the momentary power jumps up does load the limiter´s Integration time so that a steady reduction for this Long time is following. This reduction is to much when you see the "complete drop".
Can you see what you can do there?
The Optimum for me would be that it is possible to create a Setting (if you set up the process before this way to get a nearly constant RMS- Level) where you can increase the Input amplification more and more and the power curve becomes more and more flatter, even on dry speech at he Input.
I would be happy if you can look into the code for me...:-)
Regards,
Robert Sack