All times are UTC+02:00

Post subject: Re: Preview...
PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 7:03 pm 

Quote:
Oops sorry - URL fixed (downloads -> download)

hehe, http://installed.stereotool.com/3.54/

Not Found
The requested URL /3.54/ was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 11:43 pm 
Site Admin

I know :-)

Ok, I've been far too busy tonight so I'll try to release version 3.54 tomorrow.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 9:58 am 

Hi Hans,
I have been comparing the latest update with the previous version. The sound seems to be balanced now, the highs are cleaner than before with good base. A little reduction in the loudness while using FM Transmitter (Europe, Stereo) presets, makes the sound more natural and rich, while it still maintains its normal loud sound of stereo tool.
The good thing is the wave graphical display, this makes stereo tool more attractive to users, ....well done in that.
The more i go into understanding and using your product, the more i feel that there is a lot of work been done to make this piece of tool so unique and truly professional.
Thanks and regards,
Abdul

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 1:39 am 
Site Admin

Version 3.54 has been released!

Three changes since the last beta:
- The highs should be slightly cleaner
- CPU usage for High quality has been slightly reduced
- Bug solved in Normal quality mode which caused the output of the Loudness filter to be too soft (FM Loud at Normal quality is now equal in volume to High quality, 0.3 dB louder than before).

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 1:04 am 
Site Admin

Quote:
Hi Hans,
I have been comparing the latest update with the previous version. The sound seems to be balanced now, the highs are cleaner than before with good base. A little reduction in the loudness while using FM Transmitter (Europe, Stereo) presets, makes the sound more natural and rich, while it still maintains its normal loud sound of stereo tool.
The good thing is the wave graphical display, this makes stereo tool more attractive to users, ....well done in that.
The more i go into understanding and using your product, the more i feel that there is a lot of work been done to make this piece of tool so unique and truly professional.
Thanks and regards,
Abdul
About the reduction in Loudness: Can you try instead if the following works also: Reduce the 2nd "soft limit" slider in the Pre Limiter (the one that's at 18.00 by default). I was just playing with that slider a bit, and I noticed that at 12.00 the highs at high Loudness values are not that much softer, but they are cleaner.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 12:44 pm 

Hi Hans,
Reducing that slider a little bit will effectively reduces the highs, yes and it works better than reducing the loudness. However, upon listening to various type of music now and then using the the latest version 3.54, the sound seems to be much better now than before as compared to the previous updates. In my opinion, I think the annoying high frequencies were around 2kHz to 4KHz, this used to make the sound a bit harsh and metallic, and now these seem to be reduced slightly, while the higher frequencies around 6KHz and above are now seem to be slightly increased, this made the sound has more transparency and rich.
Thanks and regards,
Abdul