All times are UTC+02:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 156 posts ]  Go to page Previous 17 8 9 10 1116 Next
PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2024 12:50 pm 

Quote:
I'll post 026 later, no time now... but you can indeed download it; it also has some more improvements in how the highs are handled in the clipper (smoother transition curve).
Thank you Hans...

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2024 12:59 pm 
Site Admin

BETA026 is posted. The transition from mids to highs is a lot smoother. This image shows BETA025 (cyan) vs BETA026 (purple), with 75 us pre-emphasis and the highs clipper set to -6 dB to get extreme results.

Audio from 3000-4500 Hz is about 1 to 1.5 dB (in extreme cases) quieter than before. Everything else is very slightly louder; the total output seems to be the same in level.
Attachment:
ABDP-highs.png
ABDP-highs.png [ 165.93 KiB | Viewed 625 times ]

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2024 5:25 pm 

Hi.

Is there a timeline when the Mac VST3 version of Stereotool will be fixed?

This is a great tool, sadly I can't run natively on apple silicon yet. I'm currently using Version 9 is vst2.... finger crossed this gets sorted soon.

Great work you guys are doing!

Gav

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2024 7:33 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
Hi.

Is there a timeline when the Mac VST3 version of Stereotool will be fixed?

This is a great tool, sadly I can't run natively on apple silicon yet. I'm currently using Version 9 is vst2.... finger crossed this gets sorted soon.

Great work you guys are doing!

Gav
The V10 VST2 should work as well if you can use the V9 VST2. If you get any errors with it, please let us know.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2024 1:13 am 
Site Admin

BETA027 is posted.

The "Bass/Highs hole protection" -> "Protect against highs above slider" slider now controls the highs filter slope in ABDP, to attempt to always make a smooth curve like in the image I posted earlier. But now it works dynamically based on the setting of this parameter, which allows precise control over from which point highs will be reduced if pre-emphasis is used. This is now a very important slider which has a large impact on the audio. Default value is not changed.

Also, several GUI issues have been fixed.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2024 11:02 am 

Thanks for the great product :)

Any chance we see Streaming in the VST anytime soon?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2024 12:13 pm 

Quote:
Quote:
Het valt me op dat in deze nieuwe versie de present van @hvz adaptive bass monster erg goed klinkt zonder AGC en extra betaalde functies zoals natural dynamics en auto bass equalizer. Zijn die extra betaalde functies nog wel nodig?
Google-Translated to English
Code:
It strikes me that in this new version the present of @hvz adaptive bass monster sounds very good without AGC and extra paid functions such as
 natural dynamics and auto bass equalizer. Are those extra paid functions still necessary?
The Bass Equalizer actually isn't used in Adaptive Bass Monster. However, the Advanced Dynamics package that contains the Bass Auto EQ also contains the new Adaptive mode for the compressors and AGC. The preset would sound fundamentally incorrect without the Adaptive mode and thus an Advanced Dynamics license is necessary.

Google-vertaald naar het Nederlands
Code:
De Bass Equalizer wordt eigenlijk niet gebruikt in Adaptive Bass Monster. Het Advanced Dynamics-pakket dat de Bass Auto EQ bevat, bevat echter ook de
 nieuwe Adaptive-modus voor de compressoren en AGC. De preset zou fundamenteel onjuist klinken zonder de Adaptive-modus en daarom is een Advanced
  Dynamics-licentie noodzakelijk. 
In that adaptive mode, does the AGC have to be off or on? In this preset, the AGC is off.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2024 1:06 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Het valt me op dat in deze nieuwe versie de present van @hvz adaptive bass monster erg goed klinkt zonder AGC en extra betaalde functies zoals natural dynamics en auto bass equalizer. Zijn die extra betaalde functies nog wel nodig?
Google-Translated to English
Code:
It strikes me that in this new version the present of @hvz adaptive bass monster sounds very good without AGC and extra paid functions such as
 natural dynamics and auto bass equalizer. Are those extra paid functions still necessary?
The Bass Equalizer actually isn't used in Adaptive Bass Monster. However, the Advanced Dynamics package that contains the Bass Auto EQ also contains the new Adaptive mode for the compressors and AGC. The preset would sound fundamentally incorrect without the Adaptive mode and thus an Advanced Dynamics license is necessary.

Google-vertaald naar het Nederlands
Code:
De Bass Equalizer wordt eigenlijk niet gebruikt in Adaptive Bass Monster. Het Advanced Dynamics-pakket dat de Bass Auto EQ bevat, bevat echter ook de
 nieuwe Adaptive-modus voor de compressoren en AGC. De preset zou fundamenteel onjuist klinken zonder de Adaptive-modus en daarom is een Advanced
  Dynamics-licentie noodzakelijk. 
In that adaptive mode, does the AGC have to be off or on? In this preset, the AGC is off.
The whole idea of this new mode is that the compressor is capable of running without an AGC, and in that preset, that's what we do. But you can still choose to use the AGC with it, and for example run the compressor at a lower ratio.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2024 2:12 pm 

hi Hans
pls can you have all those in default i mean when i make a reset to a factory reset for andvance clipper to have these changes -improvement????of course when you finish the rest.....remember we have discussed this in the past for the advance clipper ...now you make it better than was...its worth it ..this filter to have the balance between bass -mind bass and high's ok this for now regards keep going...

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2024 2:34 pm 

Quote:
hoe zet je die adaptive mode aan een een ander preset?
Code:
how do you turn on adaptive mode on another preset?
Om de adaptieve modus in andere presets te activeren:
  • Ga naar de AGC of MB1.
  • Vouw 'Overig' uit door op het pijltje naar rechts (>) te klikken.
  • Kies 'Adaptief' uit het type compressor.
Let op: Bestaande preset-instellingen zullen waarschijnlijk wat aanpassingen nodig hebben om naar wens te klinken.

English:
To enable the adaptive mode in other presets:
  • Go to the AGC or MB1.
  • Expand "Miscellaneous" by clicking the right-pointing arrow (>).
  • Choose "Adaptive" from the compressor type.
Note: Existing preset settings will likely need some adjustments to sound the way you want them to.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 156 posts ]  Go to page Previous 17 8 9 10 1116 Next