All times are UTC+02:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 156 posts ]  Go to page Previous 18 9 10 11 1216 Next
PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2024 2:37 pm 

Quote:
hi Hans
pls can you have all those in default i mean when i make a reset to a factory reset for andvance clipper to have these changes -improvement????of course when you finish the rest.....remember we have discussed this in the past for the advance clipper ...now you make it better than was...its worth it ..this filter to have the balance between bass -mind bass and high's ok this for now regards keep going...
It's still in test, many things in clipper are different so and settings. Some settings that Hans found not same as mine, so when all fixes are applied i hope some default settings will be there.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2024 5:02 pm 

Quote:
Quote:
Hi.

Is there a timeline when the Mac VST3 version of Stereotool will be fixed?

This is a great tool, sadly I can't run natively on apple silicon yet. I'm currently using Version 9 is vst2.... finger crossed this gets sorted soon.

Great work you guys are doing!

Gav
The V10 VST2 should work as well if you can use the V9 VST2. If you get any errors with it, please let us know.
Thanks for this. Is there a time scale on the vst3 version getting sorted. VST2 doesn't run natively on silicon Macs. Thanks

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2024 12:24 am 
Site Admin

BETA028 question.

I noticed something today. Artistic effects -> Sparkling highs -> Highs brilliance. The default value is 70, and that value is completely bonkers. It's intended to let more highs though; if I set it to 2 I lose about 0.2 dB of the highest part of the highs, with 3 that's 0.1. So 70 is ridiculous.

Lower values should sound cleaner, but nobody ever complained about this insane value. So I'm wondering if there's any use in lowering the frequency range at which it works. That, and if it indeed sounds better with lower values.

I have added an extra test slider, called "Offset (TEST)", to move the start frequency down. Normally it starts from 3000 Hz and is in full effect at 5000; you can lower that all the way down to 500. I'm pretty sure that I hear distortion when I lower it that far (it's hard to test in debug mode since I can't do it in real-time), but I am curious if any values other than 3000-5000 are beneficial. This thing allows more audio through, so the output gets slightly louder. We're talking 0.1-0.2 dB on the mids here, but that's still something.

So if're interested in this, please test both this slider and the Highs brilliance slider itself, and let me know what you hear.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2024 1:14 pm 

Quote:
BETA028 question.
I have added an extra test slider, called "Offset (TEST)", to move the start frequency down. Normally it starts from 3000 Hz and is in full effect at 5000; you can lower that all the way down to 500. I'm pretty sure that I hear distortion when I lower it that far (it's hard to test in debug mode since I can't do it in real-time), but I am curious if any values other than 3000-5000 are beneficial. This thing allows more audio through, so the output gets slightly louder. We're talking 0.1-0.2 dB on the mids here, but that's still something.

So if're interested in this, please test both this slider and the Highs brilliance slider itself, and let me know what you hear.
@hvz was at 0 Hz and after doing several tests, I set it to -2,500 Hz (the maximum value it allows me to set)
I'm not convinced, though! What value do you recommend?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2024 12:01 pm 

Seems like the stereotool.com server has an expired certificate?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2024 4:36 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
Seems like the stereotool.com server has an expired certificate?
That should be fixed now. For some reason I have to update it manually each year :(

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2024 5:47 pm 

Quote:
Quote:
hi Hans
pls can you have all those in default i mean when i make a reset to a factory reset for andvance clipper to have these changes -improvement????of course when you finish the rest.....remember we have discussed this in the past for the advance clipper ...now you make it better than was...its worth it ..this filter to have the balance between bass -mind bass and high's ok this for now regards keep going...
It's still in test, many things in clipper are different so and settings. Some settings that Hans found not same as mine, so when all fixes are applied i hope some default settings will be there.
ok ,,,many thanks for reply Bojcha
in the air i have no use the advance clipper in my presert... until finish ...just i,m using in the labor comparison with orban 9100b or omnia 9 fot experience just to see what will be happen with the filter ....just to pass the time ....ok again thanks to you and to Hans and to rest team...already i,m testing the latest version...

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2024 5:36 am 

FYI - Beta 10.22-030, Stereo Tool - Windows 64-bit standalone, is causing the default virus scanner on Windows 11 to block the download. Windows 11 virus scanner believes that the file contains a trojan: Win32/Wacatac.B!ml

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2024 8:22 pm 

Can you please check?
I've noticed that on home display synchronization is aligned with FM,
however, when I click on MPX tab (where I see RF spectrum, output scope, out spectrum), synchronization on RF spectrum display is not aligned with FM anymore.
We are using around 1.5 sec delay because we need to have FM aligned with uMPX coder as well.

For FM out we are using ASIO and Marian Trace Alpha.

Just minor issue. BR.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2024 1:40 am 
Site Admin

Quote:
Can you please check?
I've noticed that on home display synchronization is aligned with FM,
however, when I click on MPX tab (where I see RF spectrum, output scope, out spectrum), synchronization on RF spectrum display is not aligned with FM anymore.
We are using around 1.5 sec delay because we need to have FM aligned with uMPX coder as well.

For FM out we are using ASIO and Marian Trace Alpha.

Just minor issue. BR.
Ah yes, the scopes (when zoomed out) and the RF spectrum are updated immediately without any delays...

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 156 posts ]  Go to page Previous 18 9 10 11 1216 Next