All times are UTC+02:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 156 posts ]  Go to page Previous 112 13 14 15 16 Next
PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2024 8:08 pm 
Site Admin

047 is re-uploaded, everything should be version 047 now.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2024 8:27 pm 

Quote:
Yes it is, working perfectly, bass issue has gone.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2024 1:43 am 

Quote:
The bass appeared deep but soft, and the whole stage became very soft, the kick drum, mid frequencies and generally the middle disappeared, stereo punch, highs and they became better and more detailed, for now BETA 042 is the best for me

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2024 1:36 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
Quote:
The bass appeared deep but soft, and the whole stage became very soft, the kick drum, mid frequencies and generally the middle disappeared, stereo punch, highs and they became better and more detailed, for now BETA 042 is the best for me
If you found something that broke since version 042, please send me your full .ini file so I can check it here. You can find it in C:\Users\username, and then typically stereo_tool.ini or something similar.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2024 3:59 pm 

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
If you found something that broke since version 042, please send me your full .ini file so I can check it here. You can find it in C:\Users\username, and then typically stereo_tool.ini or something similar.
PM sent

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2024 5:29 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

PM sent
Please send a full export of the settings (so check all the checkboxes on saving). I didn't know that you're using the VST plugin; the VST can't store everything in the .ini file. If I just load your settings as I received them, 047 has slightly more bass than 042, and everything else is the same. So that definitely doesn't sound like what you're seeing.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2024 5:53 pm 

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

PM sent
Please send a full export of the settings (so check all the checkboxes on saving). I didn't know that you're using the VST plugin; the VST can't store everything in the .ini file. If I just load your settings as I received them, 047 has slightly more bass than 042, and everything else is the same. So that definitely doesn't sound like what you're seeing.
I sent the full preset to PM

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2024 6:12 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

PM sent
I sent the full preset to PM

First, I opened 042, loaded your preset and checked all the boxes, then ran 30 seconds of audio through it.
Then I opened 047 and ran the same 30 seconds of audio through it.

The output is virtually identical (I see no differences at all in the spectrum, and if I subtract the two waveforms from each other the output is near-silence, here and there some noise at -80 dB or so).

I also opened both and loaded the preset in both, in case something would be going wrong with upgrading. Same result.

OH! Maybe I know what's wrong! My initial 047 build failed due to compiler crashes, because I had enabled some extra optimizations. Later I discovered that specifically the stand alone build, which didn't crash, had an issue where the compressors didn't function properly. So maybe something is wrong with the VST as well. Can you try downloading version 047 again, in case that's the issue? I had re-uploaded everything before I realized that this was a problem, and didn't think about posting anything about it.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2024 7:52 pm 
Site Admin

I couldn't post images in a PM (which is probably not a very weird protection...) so I'll reply here. (kastyak_ sent me some recordings, since I didn't see any difference on my end).

I think it's placebo... Here's why.

I compared your 2 recordings. Due to how Stereo Tool works, I can't do a perfect comparison because the music didn't start at exactly the same moment. But I have aligned the 2 outputs and then looked at the spectrum, and the difference between the two recordings.

First the spectrum. That looks like this. Cyan = 042, purple = 047.
Attachment:
spectrum.png
spectrum.png [ 145.62 KiB | Viewed 405 times ]
Then the difference. Cyan is 042, purple is the difference between 042 and 047. Because samples are shifted, the processing and clipping won't do exactly the same, so I do expect to see a difference. But I see very little difference in bass and mids:
Attachment:
difference.png
difference.png [ 209.28 KiB | Viewed 405 times ]
For bass, the difference is about 50 dB below the actual bass sound. For higher mids around 1000 Hz it's still 40 dB. If I listen to the difference, there's nothing that stands out - if certain bass sounds were being removed for example I would hear those. But all I hear is audio that sounds like the original audio, just noisier (which makes sense because it's clipped differently).

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2024 8:20 pm 

Quote:
I couldn't post images in a PM (which is probably not a very weird protection...) so I'll reply here. (kastyak_ sent me some recordings, since I didn't see any difference on my end).

I think it's placebo... Here's why.

I compared your 2 recordings. Due to how Stereo Tool works, I can't do a perfect comparison because the music didn't start at exactly the same moment. But I have aligned the 2 outputs and then looked at the spectrum, and the difference between the two recordings.

First the spectrum. That looks like this. Cyan = 042, purple = 047.

spectrum.png

Then the difference. Cyan is 042, purple is the difference between 042 and 047. Because samples are shifted, the processing and clipping won't do exactly the same, so I do expect to see a difference. But I see very little difference in bass and mids:

difference.png

For bass, the difference is about 50 dB below the actual bass sound. For higher mids around 1000 Hz it's still 40 dB. If I listen to the difference, there's nothing that stands out - if certain bass sounds were being removed for example I would hear those. But all I hear is audio that sounds like the original audio, just noisier (which makes sense because it's clipped differently).
I also think it's a placebo)))... Thank you very much for your help, I am very grateful to you for the work you have done. I think that in a stereo tool I will be able to compensate for this difference or make it better. Your product "Stereo Tool" is amazing.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 156 posts ]  Go to page Previous 112 13 14 15 16 Next