All times are UTC+02:00

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2024 12:30 pm 

Quote:
Quote:
Its already there, since version 0. Called Pre-Amplifier. It's very simple, you load preset, you normalized files, you know on what level you normalized, let's say -23lufs., then just rise that slider by 23dB.
But there is better way. If you want perfectly to be on input, and so for processing, and you play ONLY normalized files, set that slider where AGC will have maximum 1-3dB range (showing 1-3 bars from top) on loudest parts in track(s).

Here RB plays all files at -23LUFS. In this preset/case i tuned pre-amp so AGC working very little. Btw, normalization is not so ideal thing and AGC is there more like level protection.
https://i.imgur.com/1r8BsXb.png
Thanks for the very useful information @Bojcha but two things are still not clear to me!

1) You wrote:
Quote:
"It's very simple, you load preset, you normalized files, you know on what level you normalized, let's say -23lufs., then just rise that slider by 23dB"
Why then in the screenshot you posted, the pre amplifier value is +9? Shouldn't it be 23 dB because the played files have a LUFS of -23?

2) For presets that don't use AGC like @hvz's new "Adaptive Bass Monster," how can I do it if I want to be perfectly in the input?

Thank You
Don't look numbers much. For example, i had there some value of AGC Drive, wich will give something else on postamp. Also i said "BY" 23, my post amp was usually around -4 by default. Just watch what meters do. For preset that are not using AGC, just watch range in MB and adjust postamp where you happy with range. But that's not so great, because 'MB only' is usually tuned (should be) for bigER ranges so it's like you have AGC that you can't turn off.
Here is one station where we tuned AGC to work just with ~2dB range, And MB is working at it's sweet spot range all the time, all working nice. You'll never hear soft parts to rise to sky, also it's not adaptive mode.
http://stream3.themediasite.co.uk:8030/stream

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2024 12:36 pm 

OK Bojcha, thanks again

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2024 4:12 pm 

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Its already there, since version 0. Called Pre-Amplifier. It's very simple, you load preset, you normalized files, you know on what level you normalized, let's say -23lufs., then just rise that slider by 23dB.
But there is better way. If you want perfectly to be on input, and so for processing, and you play ONLY normalized files, set that slider where AGC will have maximum 1-3dB range (showing 1-3 bars from top) on loudest parts in track(s).

Here RB plays all files at -23LUFS. In this preset/case i tuned pre-amp so AGC working very little. Btw, normalization is not so ideal thing and AGC is there more like level protection.
https://i.imgur.com/1r8BsXb.png
Thanks for the very useful information @Bojcha but two things are still not clear to me!

1) You wrote:
Quote:
"It's very simple, you load preset, you normalized files, you know on what level you normalized, let's say -23lufs., then just rise that slider by 23dB"
Why then in the screenshot you posted, the pre amplifier value is +9? Shouldn't it be 23 dB because the played files have a LUFS of -23?

2) For presets that don't use AGC like @hvz's new "Adaptive Bass Monster," how can I do it if I want to be perfectly in the input?

Thank You
Don't look numbers much. For example, i had there some value of AGC Drive, wich will give something else on postamp. Also i said "BY" 23, my post amp was usually around -4 by default. Just watch what meters do. For preset that are not using AGC, just watch range in MB and adjust postamp where you happy with range. But that's not so great, because 'MB only' is usually tuned (should be) for bigER ranges so it's like you have AGC that you can't turn off.
Here is one station where we tuned AGC to work just with ~2dB range, And MB is working at it's sweet spot range all the time, all working nice. You'll never hear soft parts to rise to sky, also it's not adaptive mode.
@Bojcha Please can you share the preset used for the above stream?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2024 5:25 am 
Site Admin

BETA006 is posted. Remaining issues for release:

- Add new mechanism Declipper presets for Declipper release (so we can release the Declipper plugin).
- Band mix in MB1/2 should not be advanced (something broke in the code that determines what's advanced and what's not).
- Some categories are being skipped in quick scan (check SST as well) (performance issue; solution is known).

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2024 9:14 am 

Quote:
@Bojcha Please can you share the preset used for the above stream?
That's Average Joe, it's in current ST version.
I have sligtly updated version.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2024 12:18 pm 

Quote:
I listened. Congratulations @Bojcha, the sound is very clean, I like the dynamics and it has very good loudness.

Could I have the slightly updated version of the Average Joe preset?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2024 10:35 am 
Site Admin

BETA007 is posted!

If there are no important bugs reported, this (but still without Adaptive AGC mode, that needs more tweaking and testing) will become the 10.21 release.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2024 1:16 pm 

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

What OS are you using? Since it could be a Linux/Windows/Mac-specific issue.
I tested it under Debian 10 64bit and 11 64bit.
I found something where if a nonexisting language was selected, it would crash. The encoding of the file names is changed (*), so if this was an old setting from before version 10.20, the name wouldn't match anymore and that might have triggered this same issue.

(*) In case anyone is interested, the names of the translations were encoded using Windows codepage 1252, basically the old MS-DOS character set. This caused display issues with the new GUI for "strange" characters (think ë, é, ô, ò, û, ...). We have now converted everything to UTF-8, which is definitely better... but the one thing that might fail due to this is the selection of the languages, because some of those - and Hungarian is one of them - contain those characters, and hence are handled as unknown languages. So I hope that this but that I found explains both issues.
I tried the latest beta and it works fine now.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2024 11:09 am 

Quote:
Could I have the slightly updated version of the Average Joe preset?
Attachment:
Average Joe v0.99.99B.sts [438.61 KiB]
Downloaded 120 times
Sure..
Load everything.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2024 12:51 pm 

HI,

Minor issue with scheduling using polling settings file.
The titlebar info is not imported from the settings file.

I use it to check if scheduling still works or to check the right settings file is loaded.

Kind regards,

Dennis