All times are UTC+02:00

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2024 11:49 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

What OS are you using? Since it could be a Linux/Windows/Mac-specific issue.
I tested it under Debian 10 64bit and 11 64bit.
On my end it doesn't appear to crash, but it suddenly closes. Looking into it now; I expect to have a solution later tonight (and then a new binary tomorrow).

Edit: Not sure what's going on... In debug mode everything works. Re-testing everything now.
It doesn't reproduce here. Any extra info (like an error log or whatever output you get) would be helpful to investigate this further.

Oh, are you using the Generic plugin or command line version? There's integration for both, if it's command line there could be very different causes.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2024 8:08 am 

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

On my end it doesn't appear to crash, but it suddenly closes. Looking into it now; I expect to have a solution later tonight (and then a new binary tomorrow).

Edit: Not sure what's going on... In debug mode everything works. Re-testing everything now.
It doesn't reproduce here. Any extra info (like an error log or whatever output you get) would be helpful to investigate this further.

Oh, are you using the Generic plugin or command line version? There's integration for both, if it's command line there could be very different causes.
I using using the Generic plugin.
Liquidsoap error message:
Code:
root@mscppro-dev:/mscp/userstatus/testuser/streamtranscoder# /mscp/userstatus/testuser/streamtranscoder/streamtranscoder-1.bin --no-stdlib --unsafe -T -U /mscp/userstatus/testuser/streamtranscoder/streamtranscoder-1.liq
No new style CPU preferences found, will use converted legacy settings
At /mscp/userstatus/testuser/streamtranscoder/streamtranscoder-1.liq, line 35, char 70-137:
s=stereotool(library_file="/mscp/lib/libStereoTool_intel64.so",preset="/mscp/userstatus/testuser/streamtranscoder/streamtranscoder-1.sts",s)

Error 14: Uncaught runtime error:
type: eval,
message: "Preset loading of file \"/mscp/userstatus/testuser/streamtranscoder/streamtranscoder-1.sts\" failed!",
stack: at /mscp/userstatus/testuser/streamtranscoder/streamtranscoder-1.liq, line 35, char 70-137,
at /mscp/userstatus/testuser/streamtranscoder/streamtranscoder-1.liq, line 12, char 2-68,
at /mscp/userstatus/testuser/streamtranscoder/streamtranscoder-1.liq, line 35, char 2-140

root@mscppro-dev:/mscp/userstatus/testuser/streamtranscoder#
I sent the liquidsoap script and the .sts file in a private message.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2024 11:10 am 
Site Admin

BETA003 is available; I have no time to edit the opening post right now but everything marked in green in the to do list is changed.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2024 4:44 pm 

Quote:
BETA003 is available; I have no time to edit the opening post right now but everything marked in green in the to do list is changed.
GUI bug BETA003

Load/Save presets etc. is gone

Attachments:
GUI bug BETA003.jpg
GUI bug BETA003.jpg [ 48.49 KiB | Viewed 1123 times ]

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2024 5:56 pm 

Quote:
Quote:
GUI bug BETA003

Load/Save presets etc. is gone
Seems fine here... I created an exe with a new name so it generates a new ini.

EDIT: However, the Meters page is doubled, as seen in Daniel1988's image.

Attachments:
1021-003default.png
1021-003default.png [ 38.6 KiB | Viewed 1102 times ]

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2024 2:23 pm 
Site Admin

Yes, after reading that I haven't changed the opening post. We'll try to fix this on Monday.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2024 1:54 pm 

Hi all, I think that it would be very useful if Stereo Tool could come with a recorder in it. Hans, can you implement it? For me it would be really helpful.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2024 4:41 pm 
Site Admin

Update: There are still some issues with the GUI; we will most likely revert to the version from a few days ago because there doesn't appear to be a real benefit in performance. But we need to run a few more tests to verify that it doesn't help, so that's going to be tomorrow. There won't be a build tonight.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2024 3:46 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Hungarian language is selected. However, a crash occurs if any language is selected. Even if I set a non-existent language manually in the sts file. If there is nothing after Language= it crashes too. I have to completely delete the Language line to make it work.
What OS are you using? Since it could be a Linux/Windows/Mac-specific issue.
I found something where if a nonexisting language was selected, it would crash. The encoding of the file names is changed (*), so if this was an old setting from before version 10.20, the name wouldn't match anymore and that might have triggered this same issue.

(*) In case anyone is interested, the names of the translations were encoded using Windows codepage 1252, basically the old MS-DOS character set. This caused display issues with the new GUI for "strange" characters (think ë, é, ô, ò, û, ...). We have now converted everything to UTF-8, which is definitely better... but the one thing that might fail due to this is the selection of the languages, because some of those - and Hungarian is one of them - contain those characters, and hence are handled as unknown languages. So I hope that this but that I found explains both issues.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2024 11:08 am 

Quote:
Its already there, since version 0. Called Pre-Amplifier. It's very simple, you load preset, you normalized files, you know on what level you normalized, let's say -23lufs., then just rise that slider by 23dB.
But there is better way. If you want perfectly to be on input, and so for processing, and you play ONLY normalized files, set that slider where AGC will have maximum 1-3dB range (showing 1-3 bars from top) on loudest parts in track(s).

Here RB plays all files at -23LUFS. In this preset/case i tuned pre-amp so AGC working very little. Btw, normalization is not so ideal thing and AGC is there more like level protection.
https://i.imgur.com/1r8BsXb.png
Thanks for the very useful information @Bojcha but two things are still not clear to me!

1) You wrote:
Quote:
"It's very simple, you load preset, you normalized files, you know on what level you normalized, let's say -23lufs., then just rise that slider by 23dB"
Why then in the screenshot you posted, the pre amplifier value is +9? Shouldn't it be 23 dB because the played files have a LUFS of -23?

2) For presets that don't use AGC like @hvz's new "Adaptive Bass Monster," how can I do it if I want to be perfectly in the input?

Thank You