All times are UTC+02:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 146 posts ]  Go to page Previous 17 8 9 10 1115 Next
PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2023 10:16 am 

Ok, i found something interesting
I`m uploading video+audio.

You can see even at the video the difference between ON and OFF Composite clipper.
The single frequency is 14.417Khz from a generator.

If needed, amplify the sound, so you can hear the difference. It appears some parasitic generation, that is noticeable in the audio at a higher volume, something like noise. Is this a bug or error in the processing? The two low signals(L-R area) are visible in the video when Composite clipper is enabled and disappears when i disable it.

Link for video + audio: https://www.sendspace.com/file/v9mqmq

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2023 6:33 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:

You can see even at the video the difference between ON and OFF Composite clipper.

If needed, amplify the sound, so you can hear the difference. It appears some parasitic generation, that is noticeable in the audio at a higher volume, something like noise. Is this a bug or error in the processing? The two low signals(L-R area) are visible in the video when Composite clipper is enabled and disappears when i disable it.

That's not really a problem, there's a small difference in level between the left and right channel, but that should be completely inaudible. But I do notice something else: Why is the noise level higher with the composite clipper? I have never seen that... Am I reading that correctly from your video?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2023 7:32 pm 

How much CPU is used in the new version 10.10 regards to 9.92?
I need to install it on i5 7th generation. Thanks.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2023 10:40 am 
Site Admin

Quote:
How much CPU is used in the new version 10.10 regards to 9.92?
I need to install it on i5 7th generation. Thanks.
The GUI might use slightly more (but it depends on on what page you are, and things like the massively increased CPU usage when you move the mouse in 9.92 is gone). Processing CPU usage should be unchanged. i5 7th generation is no problem at all.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2023 10:42 am 
Site Admin

10.11 BETA012 (I'm enjoying that number way more than I should ;) ) is posted!

Quite a few fixes in this version; the nightly builds have failed in a few consecutive nights, due to bugs and Windows reboots. See the opening post for a list of changes.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2023 10:53 am 

Quote:
Quote:

That's not really a problem, there's a small difference in level between the left and right channel, but that should be completely inaudible. But I do notice something else: Why is the noise level higher with the composite clipper? I have never seen that... Am I reading that correctly from your video?
Yes, you read it right.
If i guess right, when Composite clipper enabled, then the level of the single frequency is up a little, and then may be the program thinks, it`s a overshoot and may be for this, noise floor is rised.
I can test again with little less output MPX level.

I don`t know from where are those two signals from L-R area, that appears. May be some distortion. Usually signals like that appears if we have distortion. I think, this is the reason for that little "inaudible" noise, that i show. I don`t know.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2023 2:03 pm 

VST3 in Adobe Audition when attempting to "Save current settings as a preset...", Can't type text into the Name, Author, Description fields.
My workaround is to use notepad to write the text I want then copy and paste into those fields.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2023 2:15 pm 

Quote:
10.11 BETA012 (I'm enjoying that number way more than I should ;) ) is posted!
I enjoyed 10.11 b11 on 10/11 as well. Was hoping for 10.11 b10 on 10/10, but it didn't pan out.
Quote:
In the web interface, the expansion glyph for the oscilloscopes is in the bottom right of the screen instead of the cell.
Can no longer replicate.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2023 3:21 pm 

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Yes, you read it right.
If i guess right, when Composite clipper enabled, then the level of the single frequency is up a little, and then may be the program thinks, it`s a overshoot and may be for this, noise floor is rised.

I don`t know from where are those two signals from L-R area, that appears. May be some distortion. Usually signals like that appears if we have distortion. I think, this is the reason for that little "inaudible" noise, that i show. I don`t know.
I see those harmonics here too, but no difference in noise level w/ or w/o composite.
Interesting is when i compare with BaO. Noise level in ST is around -120dB. in BaO is around -170 and pilot is kinda more protected.
But, those harmonics in BaO are way more higher!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2023 5:46 pm 

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Yes, you read it right.

I see those harmonics here too, but no difference in noise level w/ or w/o composite.
Interesting is when i compare with BaO. Noise level in ST is around -120dB. in BaO is around -170 and pilot is kinda more protected.
But, those harmonics in BaO are way more higher!
That noise is noticeable on headphones at higher volume. Try that way and there is no way not to hear it.
And it`s not that noise level, but something like phase noise i mean. Just listen my file in headphones and you will hear. I don`t think, that Composite Clipper must add that - neither the noise or that harmonics.
BAO has some strange form of RDS, i don`t know why, that makes me to choose always ST.
I just mention, that RDS on BAO is 0.2% higher, than the slider, on top of all.

Last edited by DJ-DOGGY on Thu Oct 12, 2023 6:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 146 posts ]  Go to page Previous 17 8 9 10 1115 Next