All times are UTC+02:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 146 posts ]  Go to page Previous 13 4 5 6 715 Next
PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2023 8:44 pm 

The four things I’ve been wanting to see in ST are:

- Better Natural Dynamics section with WB dynamic detection
- A very transparent, C-Level like new AGC design
- Auto Stereo Pilot
- Maybe: A button for putting all CPU settings at the maximum value and turning on all CPU intensive settings that only improve audio, but take quite a bit of CPU load. (ex. sliders like ‘Quality (increases CPU load)’ under DeClipper restoration, “Strictness (CPU)” and “Leif’s highs gap protection stages (CPU)’ under Clipper just to name a few of these ”CPU sliders” I’m referencing.)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2023 3:26 pm 

Quote:
Someone to tell me where is the Ratio sliders on multiband 1 Digital one?
Interesting. I'm not seeing them either. I tried the [ctrl shift +] combo and still couldn't find it. 10.11-002... am I overlooking it/them?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2023 3:59 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
Quote:
Someone to tell me where is the Ratio sliders on multiband 1 Digital one?
Interesting. I'm not seeing them either. I tried the [ctrl shift +] combo and still couldn't find it. 10.11-002... am I overlooking it/them?
Oh, that was a bug. Fixed in the next build.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2023 4:03 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
I still feel the new adaptive compressor sounds weird with CHR content.

My friend says MB output sounds squeaky, I turn down the thresholds for highs. It then sounds dead.
Plus, I still end up hearing clicks louder than anything else.
I try and try. I still cannot get it to sound at all good.

Example song: Ciara - Goodies (feat. Petey Pablo)
Download link to playback
I provided my current preset too.

Edit: equalizer could fix this? I am going to test that.
I just tried to download it, but I need to get access first.
Quote:
Also is it on purpose that cannot "Hear" on specific bands anymore?
No, which bands don't work anymore?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2023 12:46 am 

Quote:
Quote:
I still feel the new adaptive compressor sounds weird with CHR content.

My friend says MB output sounds squeaky, I turn down the thresholds for highs. It then sounds dead.
Plus, I still end up hearing clicks louder than anything else.
I try and try. I still cannot get it to sound at all good.

Example song: Ciara - Goodies (feat. Petey Pablo)
Download link to playback
I provided my current preset too.

Edit: equalizer could fix this? I am going to test that.
I just tried to download it, but I need to get access first.
Oops. Dropbox changed how sharing works. Here is an actual proper link with an access key.

To describe again: highs become apparent (squeaky). Reducing the threshold makes it sound dull. It may sound acceptable to you. It hurts to listen. For example, switching from listening to StereoTool and then an iHeartRadio station became a big difference to me. Again as a reference... a station here playing the same song https://youtu.be/27iM2calISI (recorded from hdradio gui program I am working on)

Adding an auto eq to the mix helps... to a certain extent. Though, it can sound quirky and some people don't like that. I have not had my friend check my preset with auto eq on though.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2023 3:19 am 
Site Admin

BETA003 is posted. Known issue: The new "sort" button on the preset page does not yet work.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2023 12:34 pm 

Hello,

think i have found a bug in vst2-32-plugin: When i will enter registration number per copy and paste, the plugin shows it two times. I have to erease one, hit "enter" on keyboard and click "confirm".

Now a suggestion: It is not easy to distinguish an activated from a deactivated function. Maybe the "stand-by"-symbol, if deactivated, can be highlighted red and light green when aktiv.

Have a nice weekend!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2023 3:16 pm 

Quote:
Now a suggestion: It is not easy to distinguish an activated from a deactivated function. Maybe the "stand-by"-symbol, if deactivated, can be highlighted red and light green when aktiv.
Do you mean in the left pane of modules? I agree that it would be nice to have a highlight of enabled filters.

However, I will mention on the main Processing page (not home) there is a Processing Overview panel at the bottom under the Quick-Adjust section. This shows which modules are active and allows you to quickly toggle them. If you have suggestions about which exact filters or sliders should be on this overview, mention them. Again, this is not there when you click the Home button, but only if you click the Processing entry in the left module pane.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2023 2:08 pm 

Quote:
Quote:
Do you mean in the left pane of modules? I agree that it would be nice to have a highlight of enabled filters.

However, I will mention on the main Processing page (not home) there is a Processing Overview panel at the bottom under the Quick-Adjust section. This shows which modules are active and allows you to quickly toggle them. If you have suggestions about which exact filters or sliders should be on this overview, mention them. Again, this is not there when you click the Home button, but only if you click the Processing entry in the left module pane.

Attachments:
File comment: This is what I mean. You see only two symbols. The third one you can't even see while its aktive. There should not only be symbols here, but also recognizable switches as such.
Buttons.jpg
Buttons.jpg [ 8.17 KiB | Viewed 5578 times ]

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2023 11:54 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Where is this???

(BETA004 is posted by the way, mainly changes in the preset filtering)

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 146 posts ]  Go to page Previous 13 4 5 6 715 Next