All times are UTC+02:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 146 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 515 Next
PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2023 6:47 pm 

One more founding
Processing main window, slider for DRIVE is extended to 32 db, but i was refering to the slider , that only drives Multiband, i.e. the DRIVE slider in the Multibands window. It now is at most 28 db.

It`s different, because main processing drive slider is affecting the AGC, but MB drive slider only is affecting MB only

I`ll explain , why 32 is at minimum required. Because if i set bands levels, like it should be for not that compressed sound, Drive with 25db only, positioning the blue levels bargraph at almost the middle of the 36dB display graph(blue levels). Other space is always empty and if a song is that much disbalanced, 25db is low for balancing, especially for deep bass and last high band. That is why, 32 is at minimum required there. The best option could be 36.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2023 8:24 pm 
Site Admin

Quick reply (still busy with the IBC, so we'll look through things later): We're not planning to remove any settings. The new compressor doesn't need an attack shape anymore. It was a workaround for what was basically a design flaw. So we have removed that setting (and many other) for the new compressor.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2023 12:05 am 

Thank you.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2023 7:52 am 

I still feel the new adaptive compressor sounds weird with CHR content.

My friend says MB output sounds squeaky, I turn down the thresholds for highs. It then sounds dead.
Plus, I still end up hearing clicks louder than anything else.
I try and try. I still cannot get it to sound at all good.

Example song: Ciara - Goodies (feat. Petey Pablo)
Download link to playback
I provided my current preset too.

Edit: equalizer could fix this? I am going to test that.

Also is it on purpose that cannot "Hear" on specific bands anymore?

Attachments:
Regular Listening Preset.sts [169 KiB]
Downloaded 212 times

Last edited by TheDaChicken on Sun Oct 01, 2023 11:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2023 10:42 am 

Quote:
Quote:
Congrats on the 10.10 release.

Is there any news on the Mac VST3 fixes?

I'm currently having to run in Rosetta mode on my silicon Mac to run the VST2, Native silicon Mac OS doesn't support VST2 sadly.
We're working on it, we have audio passing through it but the GUI doesn't show up. So we need to figure out what's wrong with that, then we can release it.
Thank you. Look forward to the fix.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2023 7:23 pm 

Can we get a +/- 12dB offset slider for the equalizer? I like putting mine right before the clipper or bass clipper, and when dialing in settings, I don't want to have to offset everything manually to nullify the loudness differences. For example, I boost the mids and highs up to 4dB which must be offset by -4dB to keep the same relative loudness for A/B-ing. As it is now, I have to reduce each band by 4db to achieve this.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2023 1:24 pm 

In the audio input section I'd like to see options for speakers to be included without having the need to use virtual cables to route. I was thinking something similar to Rocket Broadcaster. There's input for mic and separate application source.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2023 7:24 am 

Are there plans to improve FM calibration? I have a transmitter with a hilly frequency response. My idea is an EQ where the curves for amplitude and phase could be drawn.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2023 2:14 pm 

Hello, testing version 10.10 a message always appears after activating the web server, always when starting ST, is there a possibility to remove this message whenever starting ST, in this beta 10.11?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2023 3:18 pm 

Suggestion:

I think Stereo Tool needs something like the aggressive unprocessor in the Undo section in the Omnia.9 except smarter. DeClipper helps a ton in distortion removal, but I’ve noticed Undo / Aggressive unprocessing in the 9 allows for the processing to work more flawlessly between the decades and genres. In my testing in Stereo Tool, older content is generally more open and less loud, and modern content is usually louder and sounds thicker, due to the way most of todays stuff is mastered. Heck, todays music is so overcompressed, you could put it on the air without needing any processing and it would probably be just fine. An aggressive unprocessor would remove most of the thick compression that plagues modern music, restore even more dynamics and allow for more aggressive processing after it, and when it comes out at the end of the processor, it’ll sound better than it did when it came in. And you wouldn’t have to worry about modern music sounding overly compressed, when older music sounds just fine.

It’s sad that any processor would ever need “aggressive unprocessing,” but you’ve got to do what you’ve got to do in order to make things sound as best as possible. And the 9 sounds killer, (at least, in my opinion) on everything.

I think adding Aggressive Unprocessing would be good for people who just use DeClipper in front of older processors as well, like I did before I went ahead and bought an ST FM license and put ST on the air. When I had my Omnia.FM Hot, DeClipper took almost all of the distortion and “grit” away from modern content, but modern content sounded overly compressed. Just without the extreme amounts of distortion that would’ve been present without Declipper.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 146 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 515 Next