All times are UTC+02:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 707 posts ]  Go to page Previous 19 10 11 12 1371 Next
PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2022 6:39 pm 
Site Admin

BETA023 is posted. Not much changed, mainly a slight reduction in resource usage (14 MB less memory, marginally less CPU).

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2022 3:42 pm 

BETA023 crashes when loading any preset

using Stereo Tool - x86/64 Linux 64 bit Jack standalone

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2022 4:44 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
BETA023 crashes when loading any preset

using Stereo Tool - x86/64 Linux 64 bit Jack standalone
Oh! Confirmed. But at least here, it doesn't happen anymore in BETA024 which I just posted. Can you check if BETA024 is ok again on your end as well?

Edit: Oh, now 024 crashes here as well.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2022 5:03 pm 

Yes beta 024 crashes also

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2022 1:22 am 
Site Admin

Quote:
Yes beta 024 crashes also
This was a difficult one! But i found it; fix is building now. I need to wait to see if our automated tests don't fail tonight (they might if I did something wrong).

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2022 3:20 pm 
Site Admin

I posted BETA025 but I just found another possible crash (specifically for plugins, so it won't affect the Linux Jack version). For others, if you're using a plugin version, please wait for BETA026...

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2022 11:47 am 
Site Admin

Posted BETA026.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2022 2:07 am 
Site Admin

Posted BETA028. Fixed some crashes.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2022 9:09 am 

I have a question that I hate to ask.

What are the plans after the new GUI?

I hate to start something controversial. The reasoning behind this question is that I spent another night trying to get the output of the AGC to sound good enough to the format I like listening to (*ahem* Top 40/CHR) but failed. I haven't been able to find a preset that I like. I'd go in in-depth into the problems I have when it's time too. You, Hans (or anyone else), have already heard a lot about AGC being bad already. Y'all are just soo busy and amazing people!!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2022 9:06 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
I have a question that I hate to ask.

What are the plans after the new GUI?

I hate to start something controversial. The reasoning behind this question is that I spent another night trying to get the output of the AGC to sound good enough to the format I like listening to (*ahem* Top 40/CHR) but failed. I haven't been able to find a preset that I like. I'd go in in-depth into the problems I have when it's time too. You, Hans (or anyone else), have already heard a lot about AGC being bad already. Y'all are just soo busy and amazing people!!
Looking into the AGC is high on our priority list. We had a few way more urgent things in the last months (things that _most_ people don't use, but if groups with ~ 100 stations ask for a feature that they urgently need we sometimes have to prioritize that, and that happened several times in the last few months).

Another thing on our todo list is to greatly simplify the compressors. We think that we can capture the full compressor behavior with almost all the currently existing parameters in just 2 graphs (not 100% sure yet; we'll perform an elaborate analysis and hold brainstorm sessions with several people before we start to actually write any code), and once it's that simple we can probably improve it too. But before we start working on that, I want to know exactly what's wrong with the AGC, since that shares part of the code and I want to include the AGC in this redesign as well. To me, the AGC, even if used in singleband mode, sounds surprisingly good and consistent, and while some of our users are really very happy with it others aren't. So I'm going to need examples of where it misbehaves and which behavior people would expect instead of what it actually does, to figure out what's going on (it could be a settings issue, or something that some users expect and others don't, or something else).

Anyway, I'll ask for info about this once we get to the point when we can start working on this.

For clarity: Not everyone here has been working on the GUI, many other things have been done (just look through the change log), but some of those took quite a bit of time and may not be very visible to most users (but are absolutely indispensable to some).

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 707 posts ]  Go to page Previous 19 10 11 12 1371 Next