All times are UTC+02:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 707 posts ]  Go to page Previous 138 39 40 41 4271 Next
PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2023 6:35 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
I just tried to use the latest VST2 64-bit version together with Adobe Audition in Windows 11. But unfortunately this was impossible for me for the following reasons:

I use a larger screen scaling and not the default 100 percent but 125. This is because I have a smaller screen. Unfortunately, I have the problem that the stereo tool is rendered incorrectly or too large. I have no access to the cancel and apply button at the bottom of the plugin. By the way, I can't see this button at all.

I have also tried to change the size information provided in Stereotool, such as width and height. But these were reset after the next plugin start. Only the scaling available in StereoTool I could change, but that didn't help, because the window is simply displayed too large, and thus I can't work with it at all. It was therefore not possible for me to work with it in any meaningful way on a resolution of 1080p with a scaling of 125 percent.

That's why I wanted to try the VST3 version. But here I got along even less. Immediately after running the plugin, Adobe Audition completely just crashed with no feedback. The plugin was not even displayed to me.
Does Stereo Tool fit the window exactly but overwrite the borders where other Audition things should be displayed? Or does it not fit in the window at all? I'll add logging in tonight's build.

There was a dependency in our VST3 code (which has always been there, even with the old GUI) which assumed a specific initialization order. I removed that dependency yesterday (it crashed in WaveLab before on rendering, and it doesn't anymore), but last night's build failed. I hope to have a working version tonight or tomorrow morning.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2023 10:06 am 
Site Admin

BETA064 is posted; for those who are having issues with the size of the VST plugin (@near05): There's logging added.

How to get the logging:
- Create a directory C:\temp
- Open the application, and load the VST plugin
- Resulting log file should be in C:\temp\window_debuglog.txt

Please send that file to us, or post its content (should only be 10 lines or so) here.

The log file is overwritten on each start.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2023 6:20 pm 

Quote:
Does Stereo Tool fit the window exactly but overwrite the borders where other Audition things should be displayed? Or does it not fit in the window at all? I'll add logging in tonight's build.

There was a dependency in our VST3 code (which has always been there, even with the old GUI) which assumed a specific initialization order. I removed that dependency yesterday (it crashed in WaveLab before on rendering, and it doesn't anymore), but last night's build failed. I hope to have a working version tonight or tomorrow morning.
Let me put it this way. The window is so big that it goes under the taskbar, you can't see the end of the whole window. I assume that everything is visible in principle, but due to the scaling of 125% and the fact that it goes under the taskbar, you can't adjust it to get to the Cancel and Apply buttons. This is so frustrating. Just can't show that well with a screenshot unfortunately, sorry. :roll:

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2023 6:28 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
Quote:

Let me put it this way. The window is so big that it goes under the taskbar, you can't see the end of the whole window. I assume that everything is visible in principle, but due to the scaling of 125% and the fact that it goes under the taskbar, you can't adjust it to get to the Cancel and Apply buttons. This is so frustrating. Just can't show that well with a screenshot unfortunately, sorry. :roll:
Oh. What resolution are you using on your monitor? And can you send the log file?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2023 8:34 pm 

Quote:
@Hitman: I can confirm that I have an issue with setting Jack > 48 kHz on my Linux system (on Windows it works fine, so it cannot really be something in our code). I just went back to an older version (9.92 release) it does the same thing, so I think this is a Jack issue, not a Stereo Tool issue. Can you check if you also have the same issue with older versions? In both cases, the jackd-logging states that it's running at those higher sample rates.

I have not yet checked what it does with a HifiBerry, the older version definitely did run at 192 but I have to change some cables here to verify that it still does - it does handle any other frequencies so I don't expect it to be any different.
I got now to check it sir and indeed it's a problem with recent versions of Jack/related libraries. I tried with a 2 year old distro that has (native) jack and both 9.92 and 10.01b work at 96/192khz, with sound good and everything. So yeah that's what you get for using too up to date distros, hehe.

The fallback when killing the jack server is still finnicky, as in ST still freezes showing 44/48, but upon restarting the jack server the ST instance unfreezes and shows again 96/192, working fine. It seems that i was only half right in my initial report, sorry about that.

I tried to check the alsa+jack combined version 0.54 but is not on the server, 0.51 and 0.56 only seem to list jack as available, they do connect right away when selecting so that's not the problem with them.

Can you make the build recognize a new filename flag of "_alsa+jack" or something like that, so that both can work together again like 0.54 did? I'd try that with the bugfixes after that version.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2023 10:09 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
Can you make the build recognize a new filename flag of "_alsa+jack" or something like that, so that both can work together again like 0.54 did? I'd try that with the bugfixes after that version.
Good idea, the nightly build failed so I just added this and I'm restarting it now. Haven't tested it.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2023 10:56 am 

Quote:
Quote:
Good idea, the nightly build failed so I just added this and I'm restarting it now. Haven't tested it.
Seems to work good, alsa input+jack output and vice versa. When outputting alsa i have 96khz working again, lol, circumvents the jack bug. And latency is excellent.

jack shutdown in this mode still seems to be a bit "lazy" sometimes compared cu jack only when it closes right away, but it's better than before, you just have to wait 5s or so before restarting if needed.

Very small cosmetic issue, the latency graph shows this, probably got stuck when i was selecting the right alsa device

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2023 12:14 pm 

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Oh. What resolution are you using on your monitor? And can you send the log file?
As I wrote to you above, I use a screen resolution of 1920 x 1080. But with the scaling of 125% something seems to go wrong. The window is displayed much larger and thus slides under the taskbar.

Because of the logfile I write you a private message.

From my point of view it would be desirable if you could reduce the default screen resolution of the plugin, so that one has at least a chance to work with larger scales.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2023 8:39 pm 

Thanks for fixing the Processing Overview dialog box to work properly with screen readers! It's useful.

In the web interface I can't find any save/load buttons for the presets, does this have to do with the screen reader I'm using? I can press buttons to change the presets fine.
I end up going to http://localhost:8080/st to press the save/load buttons which still actually work on the discontinued old web interface.
Also there's no Difference button for Advanced Clipper, one would be useful to hear how much distortion I'm removing, Difference works in Simple Clipper though.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2023 2:08 pm 

In last 3 releases Windows Standalone x64, DSP, VST... show 50 5s instead of 50µs in FM Settings

Attachments:
PreEmphasis.JPG
PreEmphasis.JPG [ 24.28 KiB | Viewed 879 times ]

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 707 posts ]  Go to page Previous 138 39 40 41 4271 Next