Please don’t remove the old GUI. The new is ugly, not intuitive and difficult to find the feats… is a real pain…
The old GUI does not scale at all, which means that it's getting nearly impossible to add new settings to it. Just look at how the multiband compressor has 9 pages or so with settings. If you have issues with the new GUI, please report them, and we'll try to do something with what you're reporting.
Add even MORE settings? How about fix current settings/filters?
- Input2 practicaly useless as backup input. Should be literally removed. Also VLC that should be nice to have, but it's not working and also not planned.
- ND, never got dynamic detection on input.
- FM calibration still has bugged band-narrowed EQ and still not replaced by proper PEQ.
- New AGC bugged and wrongly builded especially window function.
- ITU filters mostly wrong and not even same one in AGC and MB.
- MB flat bands are bugged, do not use that!
- MB's output is wrong and not always same as 'hear' (limiters), output per band is fine tho.
- Still no proper crossover settings for every number of bands. Long time ago that should be altogether set and removed.
- Main clipper
- etc etc
But i guess some of those, or all of them, are not important, right, Like Final Limiter, not important to be in audio processor, literally i begged 2 years for fix, like now i'm asking for additional button in hard limit to be able to fully bypass FM, pre-limiter improvements, gate freeze detection after AGC option, possibility to use only gate freeze and not with gate slowdown. etc.. most of them are really simple stuff.
How about removing and simplifying some things, instead just adding new? We still have old and new (and sometimes old-old..), compressors, bass filters, and many more. For compatibility with presets? What presets? In best case half of them are anyway bugged, or bad.
And finally, new gui might be way better if at some point things got simplified and useless stuff removed. And naah, 'basic' modes are not that!
It's pointless to ask someone what's wrong with newgui, many things are. It firstly need to be simplyfied, people don't know to even use old one wich is still way faster for navigation, you cannot justify that i see RF spectrum analyzer, even if i dont use it and don't care about it, and in same time i don't see how my AGC is doing. Also those drop down/minimized menus, why th are they minimized when there IS reserved space for it vs current windows size.
I promised on many places, long time ago, that i will setup their input2 for backup, they all knew about that feature, now i am asking You all this and i need answer only about input2, will old gui have new I/O engine at all and/or any time soon?
I agree with Bojcha.