All times are UTC+02:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 707 posts ]  Go to page Previous 163 64 65 66 6771 Next
PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2023 6:46 pm 

Quote:
VST added unlicensed warning in top bar, add to site
Ah, I see it on the License Info page now. There are 5 mentions of VST on the main page and none mention the license. There is a list of features you get with each license on the buy page, and it's not mentioned here either. I think it should probably be in at least one additional place than the License page. The buy page lists things out very clearly and I think this is the best place.
Quote:
That was the question; on loading we definitely want to select only processing/repair/broadcast by default, but what about saving? Should we by default save everything, or just processing/repair/broadcast. Anyway, you'll see how it works now.
Oh, I see now. I think by default, processing/repair should definitely be selected, but Application, I/O, and The Bimp shouldn't be. Unless the Bimp is enabled maybe.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2023 11:05 pm 

Quote:
Quote:
Hi!
I'm not an audio technical guru but my ears can still rely on good quality sound (well, in my own opinion anyway:) )

Ih ave now used the preset that Mathijsco ulpoaded using StereoTool DSP version and as I wrote earlier - I like that a lot BUT! I can't get it really. Beacuse something happens with the audio sound (without any new editing from my part) after a while. That happend also to Weskeenes Aquina preset as well....It sounded sharp and clear when I start using it but now instead of bright and fresh it's instead "dull", unnatural and the sound feels like you have "muted the eq flat"...Well not easy to descibe but it's not what I sounded from start!!
How and what may cause this? A bug or..Well Help would be more than welcome.
Have never experienced this behaviour before so I still think it must have something to do with the Beta?
This sounds like there might be a bug that gets triggered and either puts sometihing in a wrong state, or slowly moves out of control. Could be one of those CPU-related issues that we talked about a few pages back, if it only happens on your system and others don't see it.

Do you see anything strange if you look at the meters? Since you say it sounds dull, do you see that the high frequency bands are reduced more after some amount of time? Maybe a lot of limiting?
Well, one thing I see if I select the Stand Alone version of Stereo Tool is that the buffer for my input always Peaks at 100. Tries with different type of settings but motvind really seems to lower this at all. The other buffer levels seems ok though.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2023 4:22 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Hi!
I'm not an audio technical guru but my ears can still rely on good quality sound (well, in my own opinion anyway:) )

Ih ave now used the preset that Mathijsco ulpoaded using StereoTool DSP version and as I wrote earlier - I like that a lot BUT! I can't get it really. Beacuse something happens with the audio sound (without any new editing from my part) after a while. That happend also to Weskeenes Aquina preset as well....It sounded sharp and clear when I start using it but now instead of bright and fresh it's instead "dull", unnatural and the sound feels like you have "muted the eq flat"...Well not easy to descibe but it's not what I sounded from start!!
How and what may cause this? A bug or..Well Help would be more than welcome.
Have never experienced this behaviour before so I still think it must have something to do with the Beta?
This sounds like there might be a bug that gets triggered and either puts sometihing in a wrong state, or slowly moves out of control. Could be one of those CPU-related issues that we talked about a few pages back, if it only happens on your system and others don't see it.

Do you see anything strange if you look at the meters? Since you say it sounds dull, do you see that the high frequency bands are reduced more after some amount of time? Maybe a lot of limiting?
Well, one thing I see if I select the Stand Alone version of Stereo Tool is that the buffer for my input always Peaks at 100. Tries with different type of settings but motvind really seems to lower this at all. The other buffer levels seems ok though.
Oh, that's normal. The input buffer has no size, basically.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2023 10:27 pm 

An end of week update. I figured out the peak limiters were running way faster than they should have been. This would cause distortion, especially if an FM clipper followed.

Attachments:
Aquinas-0.64.sts [169.05 KiB]
Downloaded 78 times

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2023 11:01 pm 

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Ah, I was wondering about that. Using the standalone here, watching the input buffer fill up then reset to the middle of the range and fill up and reset, wash rinse repeat . . . didn't really understand what I was seeing.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2023 11:49 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Ah, I was wondering about that. Using the standalone here, watching the input buffer fill up then reset to the middle of the range and fill up and reset, wash rinse repeat . . . didn't really understand what I was seeing.
Ok that's something else. That means that the outputs or the processing are blocking your input. What values does the synchronization display show? You can find that under Audio I/O -> Miscellaneous -> Synchronizaton between different sound cards.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2023 11:56 pm 

Ah, I'm running Linux Standalone 9.92 -- no see "Miscellaneous" -- I appear to have commented in the 10.01 BETA thread. My apologies. I am not hearing any glitches, two instances of ST running under JACK, all seems good, was just wondering about that wash rinse repeat thing.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2023 5:43 pm 

I see, that Digital Multiband Drive is even lowered now to 18 db only. I don`t get it. Was 25, now 18, but must be at least 32.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2023 6:07 pm 

Quote:
I see, that Digital Multiband Drive is even lowered now to 18 db only. I don`t get it. Was 25, now 18, but must be at least 32.
I agree. I realize many of the ranges were "sanified" from the extreme tweakability of the old GUI, but I really like to have that degree of insanity. If not increase the limits of the sliders, can we please get the ability to enter more extreme numbers manually? I'm currently pushing the new Adaptive Multiband with Preamp, LLB, and AGC then outputting loudly into True Bass (because the SBB threshold only goes down to -30 -- another opportunity for wider limits) before attenuating with the Wideband. If I could toss all my gain boosts into the MB1 drive, that would be optimal, right?

Also, there are a lot of places where the limits have been sanified but the defaults have not changed. Shouldn't the defaults dictate the limits? For example, TrueBass Band2 Upper slope defaults to 96 dB/oct but the sanified UI limits only allow up to 64.

To reiterate, MB1 and SBB need greater limits: more drive for MB1, and a lower threshold for SBB. And many sliders need their limits changed to the planned defaults.

edit: Oh, also sometimes with a high Preamp, bypassing and unbypasing it'll be slightly slow to adjust, leaving bursts of loudness.
edit2: Is the SBB affected by the True Bass compatibility setting for Legacy level calculation? Or is that for the TB bands only?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2023 6:21 pm 

Quote:
Quote:
I agree. I realize many of the ranges were "sanified" from the extreme tweakability of the old GUI, but I really like to have that degree of insanity. If not increase the limits of the sliders, can we please get the ability to enter more extreme numbers manually? I'm currently pushing the new Adaptive Multiband with Preamp, LLB, and AGC then outputting loudly into True Bass (because the SBB threshold only goes down to -30 -- another opportunity for wider limits) before attenuating with the Wideband. If I could toss all my gain boosts into the MB1 drive, that would be optimal, right?

Also, there are a lot of places where the limits have been sanified but the defaults have not changed. Shouldn't the defaults dictate the limits? For example, TrueBass Band2 Upper slope defaults to 96 dB/oct but the sanified UI limits only allow up to 64.

To reiterate, MB1 and SBB need greater limits: more drive for MB1, and a lower threshold for SBB. And many sliders need their limits changed to the planned defaults.

edit: Oh, also sometimes with a high Preamp, bypassing and unbypasing it'll be slightly slow to adjust, leaving bursts of loudness.
edit2: Is the SBB affected by the True Bass compatibility setting for Legacy level calculation? Or is that for the TB bands only?
I even propose some time ago, MB1 to be again down to -36db. I mean the levels. But...

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 707 posts ]  Go to page Previous 163 64 65 66 6771 Next