All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 707 posts ]  Go to page Previous 114 15 16 17 1871 Next
PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2023 7:20 am 

Quote:
  • DSP plugin hang-on-close fixed.
  • DSP plugin loud audio at start when using REAL I/O since BETA036 fixed.
These are fixed for me.

However with REAL I/O for a split second it starts with no processing (like bypass), then silence, then normal processing.
Also the 1 out in 5 crashes are still there, with or without REAL I/O.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2023 11:17 am 
Site Admin

Quote:
Quote:
  • DSP plugin hang-on-close fixed.
  • DSP plugin loud audio at start when using REAL I/O since BETA036 fixed.
These are fixed for me.

However with REAL I/O for a split second it starts with no processing (like bypass), then silence, then normal processing.
Yes, that's because with REAL I/O there's an internal buffer, by default set to 1 second. Before the I/O is started, it just copies the input to the output, that's the Bypass behavoir that you hear.
Quote:
Also the 1 out in 5 crashes are still there, with or without REAL I/O.
Oh! So that's not fixed :(

I'm guessing that that could very well be related to the ffdshow issues that MrKlorox mentioned.

Edit: It crashes on every single load on my end now. Only the release build, which makes it harder to figure out why. Looking into it...

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2023 2:34 pm 
Site Admin

For those of you who have crashes with the DSP plugin, can you try this new build?
https://www.stereotool.com/download/dsp ... 2-038A.exe

I have not changed any code, it appears to be a compiler bug, but I want to make sure if what I'm seeing on my pc is also what you are seeing. It doesn't fail 1 in 5 times here, it either fails the 1st or 2nd time I open it or it always works. But that doesn't have to mean anything.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2023 3:54 pm 

No crashes in about 30 tries. So it seems fixed. Thanks!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2023 4:17 pm 

Okay, 38A appears to no longer crash on track change, even if I get ahead of myself and skip many 'at once'... However, I'm still getting crashes when switching from visible to invisible and back (try multiple times in a row as it doesn't always happen at first still) as well as toggling 32-bit. Is this some different type of closing/reopening issue since it's not happening on simple track changes?

This is all with FFDSHOW as the host, used as a filter in the player MPC-BE.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2023 5:13 pm 

Quote:
As for the screen reader and the update, you can remove it freely because the old web interface does not work. It is neither possible to select an existing preset nor to load an already saved file. I also see mention of adding a stream option to vst. If and when will StereoTool get support for AAC+ and AACLC codecs?
The streaming output also doesn't seem to reconnect if the internet goes down for more than a minute or so. I had to restart StereoTool to have the stream reconnect after my net was down for 5 minutes. Could Stereo Tool automatically try after every 30 seconds or so?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2023 5:43 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
No crashes in about 30 tries. So it seems fixed. Thanks!
It's not fixed, unfortunately, this is a workaround that costs performance and may break at any moment. Unfortunately it still doesn't properly reproduce on my end, so it's really hard to figure out what's causing it.

I'm going to try some things, but this will likely take hours, even days, to find.

Edit: I think that I found it, and if so, this is one of the most bizarre bugs that I have ever seen. Running a test build now.
I have not yet had time to look into the M68 preset issue; I see why it crashes but I still need to fix it.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2023 8:06 pm 

Quote:
We can add it to the VST. Not sure what you mean by "uMPX servers"?
I mean the MicroMPX decoders (windows, linux, etc.)
It will be great if they can have streaming output (it's fine with de-emphasis, don't worry)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2023 2:52 am 
Site Admin

Quote:
Okay, 38A appears to no longer crash on track change, even if I get ahead of myself and skip many 'at once'... However, I'm still getting crashes when switching from visible to invisible and back (try multiple times in a row as it doesn't always happen at first still) as well as toggling 32-bit. Is this some different type of closing/reopening issue since it's not happening on simple track changes?

This is all with FFDSHOW as the host, used as a filter in the player MPC-BE.
Can you check if the visible/invisible crashes are gone in BETA039? I solved a cause of reload crashes in the DSP plugin. Possibly in others (VST, Generic) as well. (Window only).

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2023 2:10 pm 

Quote:
Can you check if the visible/invisible crashes are gone in BETA039? I solved a cause of reload crashes in the DSP plugin. Possibly in others (VST, Generic) as well. (Window only).
Ah, bummer. They are not gone in 039. Making the window hidden seems to work most of the time, but going visible again always crashes.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 707 posts ]  Go to page Previous 114 15 16 17 1871 Next