All times are UTC+02:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 707 posts ]  Go to page Previous 18 9 10 11 1271 Next
PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2022 11:31 pm 

Just tried to grab the 019 beta win64 old gui to test if it was a GUI issue, and it has an installer integrity check error (NSIS Error)

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2022 11:47 pm 

Quote:
Quote:
-Enable already sync'd Bluetooth Headphone to make the device show up in Windows.
-Open ST and choose it in the MME list (WASAPI has glitching and KS doesn't produce sound)
-Exit ST
-Disconnect BT Headphones
-Reopen ST

-Result: Output formerly set to BT Headphones is now set to MME Microsoft Sound Mapper (which is set to VAC Line 1 in Windows, causing a feedback loop since that's my ST Main input as well)

Very odd. This is what I see here, if I put "BT Headphones" in the settings file:
So, I just tried a few things. I removed the line for the LQLL device ID, removed just the ID, tried changing the ID to nonsense. Each resulted in it resetting to Microsoft Sound Mapper as soon as I opened the main window. This is with the NEW GUI using beta 10.02 016. I haven't tried the old GUI yet.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2022 11:51 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
-Enable already sync'd Bluetooth Headphone to make the device show up in Windows.
-Open ST and choose it in the MME list (WASAPI has glitching and KS doesn't produce sound)
-Exit ST
-Disconnect BT Headphones
-Reopen ST

-Result: Output formerly set to BT Headphones is now set to MME Microsoft Sound Mapper (which is set to VAC Line 1 in Windows, causing a feedback loop since that's my ST Main input as well)

Very odd. This is what I see here, if I put "BT Headphones" in the settings file:
So, I just tried a few things. I removed the line for the LQLL device ID, removed just the ID, tried changing the ID to nonsense. Each resulted in it resetting to Microsoft Sound Mapper as soon as I opened the main window. This is with the NEW GUI using beta 10.02 016. I haven't tried the old GUI yet.
I've just tried the same thing with the new GUI and it also works as expected. Whatever I put in the .ini file appears there. One thing is wrong though: It does appear to open *some* sound card (I expected to see an error); that must be a bug in the new I/O layer. But what's displayed is correct, in both GUI's.

Which exact build are you using? Windows stand alone? 32 or 64 bit?

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2022 11:52 pm 

Yes, Win 64 stand-alone, 10.02-016 new GUI

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2022 4:00 am 

I also got the NSIS error on the winamp plugin (old gui) for beta 19. Win10x64

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2022 4:41 am 
Site Admin

Quote:
Not sure what happened, I just ran the script that generates the installers again and now it works.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2022 6:03 pm 

Okay so I just tested out putting nonsense in the Device ID line for Normal Output in the old GUI beta 019 win10x64 standalone. It showed nonsense like I typed, such as in your image, but it was doubling audio as if it was actually outputting to the Windows Default (Microsoft Sound Mapper). So I feel like the functionality is not there, just the visual aspect. With the fact that it doesn't show the typed nonsense string I entered in the New GUI , there has to be a check, or something, by the GUI to fill it in with whatever device is being used (upon opening the window -- it doesn't change in the ini until the Window is opened if starting iconized).

edit: ugh grammar.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2022 8:29 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
Okay so I just tested out putting nonsense in the Device ID line for Normal Output in the old GUI beta 019 win10x64 standalone. It showed nonsense like I typed, such as in your image, but it was doubling audio as if it was actually outputting to the Windows Default (Microsoft Sound Mapper). So I feel like the functionality is not there, just the visual aspect. With the fact that it doesn't show the typed nonsense string I entered in the New GUI , there has to be a check, or something, by the GUI to fill it in with whatever device is being used (upon opening the window -- it doesn't change in the ini until the Window is opened if starting iconized).

edit: ugh grammar.
I think I found it: The pulldown-menu wasn't handling unknown settings correctly; it skipped a step and due to that kept the old (default) settings when loading the .ini file. It works as expected here, but I do need to add that also before this the name in the GUI looked correctly on my end. This must have been broken a long time already... (and be unrelated to the new I/O layer).

I'll run a new build tonight.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2022 8:55 pm 

Quote:
Quote:
Not sure what happened, I just ran the script that generates the installers again and now it works.
Was able to install beta 19 dsp. Thanks

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2022 1:57 am 
Site Admin

BETA021 is posted. VST plugins are working again, lots of changes in the new I/O layer when used inside plugins.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 707 posts ]  Go to page Previous 18 9 10 11 1271 Next