All times are UTC+02:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 707 posts ]  Go to page Previous 133 34 35 36 3771 Next
PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2023 11:54 am 
Site Admin

BETA057 is available! VST sizing is hopefully completely OK now (on Windows at least).

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2023 12:39 pm 

Quote:
Quote:
Hm... Shouldn't there be some buttons in Audition itself, to apply settings on a file for example?
Well yes there is, but what I was saying is that your interface doesn't fit properly in the plugin window upon opening if I have my Win10 display setting above 100%, unless I resize the plugin window, then your interface resizes itself to fit. Fortunately this doesn't effect the audio. Unfortunately Adobe doesn't accommodate oversized plugins too well.
Please try this new beta when it's available (tomorrow) and let me know if it's ok.
[/quote]
Yes, it's OK now :) TY

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2023 1:34 pm 

Quote:
BETA057 is available! VST sizing is hopefully completely OK now (on Windows at least).
Thanks, but where did input and output level go?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2023 3:41 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
Quote:
Thanks, but where did input and output level go?
Woops! I guess the rewrite of visibility broke something. Please ignore this for now... Are the other issues solved?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2023 3:43 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
Quote:
There a big VST size fix from Tom coming, which appears to work fine now on all the hosts that both I and Tom have on our pc's. VST development is hell... For the VST3 issue: Do you have a screenshot or the exact error message? And I assume that the host is 64 bit? Because otherwise if multiple copies are loaded it might at some point be out of memory (a 32 bit application can never use more than 2 GB in total, so that's with all the different plugins loaded). It seems VERY weird that it can load the VST for editing/live processing but not for rendering, inside Stereo Tool we cannot even see the difference between those two - that's why I was thinking about memory issues.
The info is not very informative so I didn't include a screenshot before.

I'm excited for the sizing fix. The host and VST3 are indeed 64bit. Very weird indeed. I'm running the trial right now for Wavelab Cast on win10.Screenshot 2023-03-22 123722.png
We have a suspicon.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2023 4:05 pm 

Quote:
Sadly, not the case with the VST3x64 in WaveLab. Would it be reasonable to add the x and y resolution sliders to the VST3? I realize the new sizing detector with the neat animation is supposed to make that obsolete, but it still wants to fill in only halfway when it's done sizing.
Attachment:
Screenshot 2023-03-23 100257.png
Screenshot 2023-03-23 100257.png [ 83 KiB | Viewed 813 times ]
Also the monitor swapping resize does not seem to be solved, in case that was meant to be part of it.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2023 6:32 pm 

Quote:

I see it here. So I think you may have just overlooked it. By the way, in the next update (057) the preset window will *partially* work with screen readers. Turns out that there was a specific field called "ARIA" (Accessible Rich Internet Applications) which was set to hidden. It's not fully working yet; at some point when using this there will be multiple popups open, and the ARIA for the lower popups still need to be disabled etc. But it's coming.

Thanks so much for your work on that issue!

What's the name of the right one? I can see many Linux Standalones but they either say Alsa or Jack.
viewtopic.php?f=14&t=33391

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2023 8:51 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
Quote:
Sadly, not the case with the VST3x64 in WaveLab. Would it be reasonable to add the x and y resolution sliders to the VST3? I realize the new sizing detector with the neat animation is supposed to make that obsolete, but it still wants to fill in only halfway when it's done sizing.

Screenshot 2023-03-23 100257.png

Also the monitor swapping resize does not seem to be solved, in case that was meant to be part of it.
Found & fixed. VST is crazy... The behavior here was yet another weird way of doing things. I'll run a Windows-only build tonight for testing.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2023 8:55 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
Quote:

I see it here. So I think you may have just overlooked it. By the way, in the next update (057) the preset window will *partially* work with screen readers. Turns out that there was a specific field called "ARIA" (Accessible Rich Internet Applications) which was set to hidden. It's not fully working yet; at some point when using this there will be multiple popups open, and the ARIA for the lower popups still need to be disabled etc. But it's coming.

Thanks so much for your work on that issue!

What's the name of the right one? I can see many Linux Standalones but they either say Alsa or Jack.
viewtopic.php?f=14&t=33391
Are you talking about the version for LiquidSoap? The normal versions are those with ALSA or Jack in the name; the LiquidSoap versions aren't posted in this thread until now. The latest released versions can be found here: https://download.thimeo.com/Stereo_Tool ... plugin.zip

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2023 9:14 pm 

Quote:
Found & fixed. VST is crazy... The behavior here was yet another weird way of doing things. I'll run a Windows-only build tonight for testing.
Damn, is there a word for something that's nonstandard but official? I'll keep an eye out.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 707 posts ]  Go to page Previous 133 34 35 36 3771 Next