All times are UTC+02:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 707 posts ]  Go to page Previous 17 8 9 10 1171 Next
PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2022 12:34 pm 

Looks like 016 is available. Looking at the TODO's, what's Equisonic?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2022 10:25 pm 

Since new I/O is prety much better, here is some latency tests: NewST I/O, oldST I/O and BaO, Input to HD Output.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2022 9:25 am 

I assume this is with BAO at the default High Quality and not the Low Latency setting?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2022 11:40 am 

Quote:
I assume this is with BAO at the default High Quality and not the Low Latency setting?
Yes BaO highest quality, also all latency values are measured over VB cable so added some latency.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2022 4:44 pm 

I am new here and apologize if I have posted this in the wrong topic. I purchased Stereo Tool a mere week ago and here are my initial comments:

I appreciate a large number of adjustment controls. Dozens of pages and hundreds of adjustment controls are exactly what I want. One person's unnecessary feature or adjustment control is another person's reason for buying the software.

Stereo Tool and other processor manufacturers have addressed the complexity matter with different levels of visible pages, this is fine. I think it is best to use level names that are not judgmental. That is 1,2,3,4 instead of beginner, intermediate, expert, advanced.

My use is over the air radio broadcast processing in the USA. It is continual evolution in sound and important to hear the change that has been made, and to go back to a reference preset as a reality check. It's all about the A-B between user pre-sets and the other radio stations, in a competitive situation.

I like to see the current pre-set name clearly visible as a title on every GUI page. It is helpful to be able to select from a group of user-created presets quickly in order to A-B them, ideally on the title of every GUI page. Situational awareness is important in the GUI, so a treasured pre-set is not accidentally overwritten, yet a new one can be saved easily.

Adjustment controls are tools. I'd rather not guess what kind of tool it is. Not much fun to reach into a toolbox with a blindfold on. For example, I'd like a crescent wrench to have the size labeled on it.

Therefore, pop-up process and adjustment control descriptions are crucial. Please consider adding pop-ups for more of the adjustment controls. It is much more efficient to determine if I want the function, instead of spending too much time determining what you mean by a control with a cryptic label. I don't mean something obvious like ratio, attack or release, I mean the more specialized controls. I could listen and experiment and determine what a control does, but not on the air, because many fine adjustments require monitoring just one band. And it may not be feasible for Stereo Tool to have a separate monitor output that can listen to any point in the processing flow without interrupting on-air audio. If this feature exists and I have not found it yet, pardon me.

btw- if the technical function of all controls are described in a pop-up, I don't need to hear the processor at that moment. I can set up the architecture and parameters as desired, save it as a pre-set and listen to it later, comparing it to other presets and the competition, sleep on it, etc. For me, this is a more efficient workflow.

I really like the Stereo Tool. Thank you for developing it.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2022 8:00 pm 

Quote:
[...]
Hi, welcome to the Stereo Tool forums. There is a new GUI in development that could definitely use more testing and input here: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=32703 . It's somewhat different but is more straightforward than the old one. You can adjust the scale, and compactness, as well as open all cells by using a keyboard command (CTRL SHIFT +) on each page to fill it out with settings. The popups have been replaced with right-click context menus that say "What's This?"

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2022 10:48 pm 

So, one handy thing about Breakaway One is the way it remembers your devices even after they're disconnected and the app is relaunched. Stereo Tool, on the other hand, will forget my Bluetooth Headphones if they're disconnected and the app is relaunched, resetting it to the default Windows setting. Is there a way, perhaps with the new I/O layer or GUI to keep a memory of the previous device (shown as UNKNOWN or DISCONNECTED or MISSING or whatever) once it's removed instead of changing it to the Windows Default?

If this is indeed already possible, and I'm just experiencing an anomaly, please excuse this. I think it would help Bluetooth users, which are increasing in numbers with true-wireless stereo becoming much more common. Especially handy for folks who want to demo ST on-stream but don't know if they want to buy the Basic license for the VST access yet.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2022 10:55 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
So, one handy thing about Breakaway One is the way it remembers your devices even after they're disconnected and the app is relaunched. Stereo Tool, on the other hand, will forget my Bluetooth Headphones if they're disconnected and the app is relaunched, resetting it to the default Windows setting. Is there a way, perhaps with the new I/O layer or GUI to keep a memory of the previous device (shown as UNKNOWN or DISCONNECTED or MISSING or whatever) once it's removed instead of changing it to the Windows Default?

If this is indeed already possible, and I'm just experiencing an anomaly, please excuse this. I think it would help Bluetooth users, which are increasing in numbers with true-wireless stereo becoming much more common. Especially handy for folks who want to demo ST on-stream but don't know if they want to buy the Basic license for the VST access yet.
It should already do that! The text is (NOT DETECTED). It should *never* fall back to some default. If that does happen on your end, something is wrong. This has been there for years already.

Can you describe *exactly* what you're doing? You might have found a bug.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2022 11:12 pm 

-Enable already sync'd Bluetooth Headphone to make the device show up in Windows.
-Open ST and choose it in the MME list (WASAPI has glitching and KS doesn't produce sound)
-Exit ST
-Disconnect BT Headphones
-Reopen ST

-Result: Output formerly set to BT Headphones is now set to MME Microsoft Sound Mapper (which is set to VAC Line 1 in Windows, causing a feedback loop since that's my ST Main input as well)

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2022 11:21 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
-Enable already sync'd Bluetooth Headphone to make the device show up in Windows.
-Open ST and choose it in the MME list (WASAPI has glitching and KS doesn't produce sound)
-Exit ST
-Disconnect BT Headphones
-Reopen ST

-Result: Output formerly set to BT Headphones is now set to MME Microsoft Sound Mapper (which is set to VAC Line 1 in Windows, causing a feedback loop since that's my ST Main input as well)

Very odd. This is what I see here, if I put "BT Headphones" in the settings file:

Attachments:
BT.png
BT.png [ 1.64 KiB | Viewed 1164 times ]

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 707 posts ]  Go to page Previous 17 8 9 10 1171 Next