All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 707 posts ]  Go to page Previous 15 6 7 8 971 Next
PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2022 9:26 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
The fun note on the side is that I can show them "my demos" with brand new layout and theire all melting like caramels....but to give them their own stations fails and thats hehe funny in my mind )(yea my stuff werks, yers dont heheh)

Back to the serious kind of things, I do still miss the opportunity to use a VLC stream as a backup input (audio 2).

MrDonT
Input 2 is a thing that the new framework can definitely support, but we need to do one thing first: Make sure that the streaming input keeps giving out audio (silence) if the stream disappears. Once that's there, adding streaming is simple.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2022 10:06 pm 

Hehe silence , yea thats a totaly different subject....been turning my head a few times there...like why does ST stop stream at silence ...
But hey, one litle big thingi at a time)

(During the years at lot of stuff has beene added to Stereotool, I came on board back at the old old GUI, versjon close to 3... Guess thats when I put the first money into it too, and also after hearing the story about you chasing the french FUN Radio sound... and thats life. It moves on.)

Still dig it and still want to now the secrets about the massive gated FUN Radio sound... visited their Paris Studio back in 1991...way to star struck to grab any secrets hehe... smb5... denon carts... massive.

MrDonT

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2022 9:13 am 
Site Admin

Quote:
Hehe silence , yea thats a totaly different subject....been turning my head a few times there...like why does ST stop stream at silence ...
But hey, one litle big thingi at a time)
Well, that's actually very logical: The stream is treated as an input source, and when the stream stops working it doesn't deliver an input anymore. We can handle that, but to do so we need to add an extra buffer which, once it needs to give out audio but there is none, generates silence instead. This will add extra latency, since we will need to buffer a signal on the input, instead of just using the output as a buffer.

The AES67 inpiut already does something like this, but there we can keep the buffer relatively small (100 ms by default; if a packet hasn't arrived by then it won't arrive anymore). For normal streaming we will at least need multiple seconds.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2022 9:14 am 
Site Admin

BETA011 is posted! The I/O should now be more stable than before (already confirmed by Bojcha) and there's preliminary macOS new GUI support!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2022 2:37 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
Tried an easy stream in/out thingi in regualar Beta 10.02-009 and in latest "New Interface preview Beta v10.02-007"... VLC all new installed. And an "All New Win 10" too.

The URL I give ST is real but it wont take it. And it will not stop nagging about it either. I have to kill ST and delete the .ini to start over, and no-way can I make it read a stream that older versjons read perfectly. Am I all into some new stuff I dont know about or is there a new bug I havent cought yet :) (I never got the covid one either).

It never gives me the option to correct URL, it just spawns numbers it tried to connect but it failes.

BTW, I do love the new setups, it even sounds better. At the moment I'm trying to update clients presets....but hehe no stream in no fun out :)

Greate work on the new stuff, take care and stay healthy
Screen Shot 2022-12-01 at 8.28.06 PM.png
Screen Shot 2022-12-01 at 8.44.35 PM.png

Regards,

MrDonT
What I'm seeing here is that it works fine if I give it a valid URL, but if I give it an invalid one the errors are shown so fast that you can't do much anymore. But the correct URL *does* work here.

There was an issue with libVLC *output*, it ignored the format selection and any settings changes until you explicitly disabled and re-enabled it. That's fixed now, but that was an output issue, not an input issue.

I'll increase the time between retries to make it possible to do something. Let's see where things are after that.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2022 3:52 pm 

Ok, beta11 here works with 10ms buffersize @48kHz blocks-default, and last 3 hours fully stable. Old I/O i can set around 20ms to be stable and this new I/O has around 40-50ms less latency
However, when ST starts buffer fill is low, that's also in all erlier versions and even in old I/O, wich makes stutters upon ST start, with 10ms buffersize, for 20-40 second (depend on relative adjust - l keep mine around .25%) and then it keeps stable when in sync. Would be nice to make it start at center buffer and closer to syncED.

Is it changing blocksize functional in this I/O?, so i can try play with that.

this is how sync starts:

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2022 5:25 pm 

Hans and team, I would like to respectfully request an updated declipper plugin/vst release once you're ready with the next full release. Just to keep it updated with the latest framework and other improvements/fixes/enhancements, etc.

Thanks!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2022 9:12 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
Hans and team, I would like to respectfully request an updated declipper plugin/vst release once you're ready with the next full release. Just to keep it updated with the latest framework and other improvements/fixes/enhancements, etc.

Thanks!
I've added it to the top of the todo list.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2022 9:13 pm 

Quote:
Quote:

Thanks!
I've added it to the top of the todo list.
Awesome! Thank you!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2022 1:22 am 
Site Admin

BETA012 is posted; the changes are all fixes/improvements in the new I/O layer.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 707 posts ]  Go to page Previous 15 6 7 8 971 Next