All times are UTC+02:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 707 posts ]  Go to page Previous 167 68 69 70 71 Next
PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2023 4:10 pm 

Quote:
Quote:
Paste skin value in VST2 RadioBoss causes loop; value keeps increasing. - No longer reproduces
It's now reproducing in Reaper with the 64 bit VST3. It never happened to the VST3 before. Beta 112
This is still happening with both VST3 versions in b116, Reaper Win10x64. I'll try to grab a capture and upload a gif. It's no longer lagging though, and it counts up consistently without having anything to do with mouse movement. I guess before, the mouse stopping allowed it to calculate the new value and had nothing to do with movement causing it to raise.

https://imgur.com/a/U32dPet

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2023 9:00 pm 

Quote:
Quote:
Good catch! Thank you! I'm looking around for a spare PC I can install Ubuntu Studio on -- to use as a testbed for the Linux Standalone JACK so as to give ST a working environment like what I have set up for the radio station, but none of my spares have a lot of horsepower and I don't want to be cpu-bottlenecked while testing.
Actually, I ran a new build with logging and now it just works. Not sure what's going on; I'm rebuilding it now without the extra logging to verify what's going on. Maybe I did something wrong.

(To clarify a bit: The ALSA and Jack builds are the same binary, the only difference is in the file name, and they check their own file name to decide whether to run in Jack or ALSA mode (or even both).)
Are we sure about that? I have two copies of the standalone, and named one binary "ST_FM" and the other "ST_Stream" -- no "jack" or "ALSA" in the file name. Yet they both launch and they both expect to find jack running and complain if they don't find it.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2023 9:07 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Good catch! Thank you! I'm looking around for a spare PC I can install Ubuntu Studio on -- to use as a testbed for the Linux Standalone JACK so as to give ST a working environment like what I have set up for the radio station, but none of my spares have a lot of horsepower and I don't want to be cpu-bottlenecked while testing.
Actually, I ran a new build with logging and now it just works. Not sure what's going on; I'm rebuilding it now without the extra logging to verify what's going on. Maybe I did something wrong.

(To clarify a bit: The ALSA and Jack builds are the same binary, the only difference is in the file name, and they check their own file name to decide whether to run in Jack or ALSA mode (or even both).)
Are we sure about that? I have two copies of the standalone, and named one binary "ST_FM" and the other "ST_Stream" -- no "jack" or "ALSA" in the file name. Yet they both launch and they both expect to find jack running and complain if they don't find it.
I assume you mean installed instead of running?

What happens exactly? We're linking to Jack dynamically, meaning that if it's not installed we shouldn't crash, and if the name doesn't contain jack, it shouldn't even try to access it...

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2023 10:07 pm 

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I assume you mean installed instead of running?

What happens exactly? We're linking to Jack dynamically, meaning that if it's not installed we shouldn't crash, and if the name doesn't contain jack, it shouldn't even try to access it...
If I have not launched the jack daemon before launching ST then I see a popup window in ST saying that Jack isn't running. Some weird waveforms, I/O sound card not showing the Jack devices the STs normally connect to when jack is running. This makes sense to me, not unexpected behavior, except where you say that the running instance of ST is meant to know whether it is ALSA or Jack based on how the binary is named, and neither of my running instances of ST have "jack" in their binaries' filenames. Not a big deal, I was just surprised to read that the ALSA and the jack version of the standalone was actually the same binary.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2023 11:20 pm 

Quote:
I'm sure folks with low vision haven't been forgotten, and that a working interface for screenreaders is on the way. I'm sorry you've had to wait so long.
Sorry, but for some reason beta 016 still doesn't have any of the preset options showing for my screen reader. The changelog says they've been re-added?
I think I remember a few months ago they started working after you changed an Aria option from "hidden" to otherwise, but I can't remember the details on what it was exactly. Maybe this.
https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/doc ... ria-hidden

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2023 12:17 am 
Site Admin

Quote:
Quote:
I'm sure folks with low vision haven't been forgotten, and that a working interface for screenreaders is on the way. I'm sorry you've had to wait so long.
Sorry, but for some reason beta 016 still doesn't have any of the preset options showing for my screen reader. The changelog says they've been re-added?
I think I remember a few months ago they started working after you changed an Aria option from "hidden" to otherwise, but I can't remember the details on what it was exactly. Maybe this.
https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/doc ... ria-hidden
No, not yet. Still work in progress there. We do really need to release now, but the web developers are hard at work at cleaning up the existing code and make it a lot easier to maintain, and properly supporting the new preset mechanism is part of that. It's just not finished yet, so at the moment it still contains the older preset mechanism with no good screen reader support...

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2023 1:57 pm 

I see the new version is up on the main page. Congratulations !!

Looking at the change log, I am astounded, impressed and humbled by the amount of work that went into this.

Thank you Hans, and contributing developers and testers.

Greg

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2023 5:19 am 

Quote:
No, not yet. Still work in progress there. We do really need to release now, but the web developers are hard at work at cleaning up the existing code and make it a lot easier to maintain, and properly supporting the new preset mechanism is part of that. It's just not finished yet, so at the moment it still contains the older preset mechanism with no good screen reader support...
Thanks! For now I'm on 10.02 beta092 which is the newest one to be compatible with NVDA. Their site is https://nvaccess.org/ by the way.
Please let me know if you need any testers for the web interface. I'd be happy to provide feedback on what can be improved from at least an accessibility standpoint.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2023 9:04 am 

Hi,

I encountered a problem between the DSP and Standalone versions, in the DSP version when using full I/O Framework the input amplification gain is doubled, all tests were done with 4db of input amplification.

so if I put 4db of input amplification I will actually have 8db.

Attachments:
ST 10.10 StandAlone.png
ST 10.10 StandAlone.png [ 106.44 KiB | Viewed 6492 times ]
ST 10.10 DSP.png
ST 10.10 DSP.png [ 101.09 KiB | Viewed 6492 times ]
ST 10.10 DSP with I-O framework.png
ST 10.10 DSP with I-O framework.png [ 110.71 KiB | Viewed 6492 times ]

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2023 1:13 am 

I'm throwing myself on the grenade on the behalf of any fellow interested Linux users! hvz reported that apparently no one (!) has downloaded the beta Linux 10.01 to test. I have an up-and-running setup using Ubuntu Studio 22.04 running two instances of Stereo Tool which is currently dual-processing our radio station's program audio for FM (aggressive) and for streaming (less-aggressive). It's all running under JACK. The UI is pretty okay but I'm interesting to find out how the new UI works, but the existing setup is in use 24/7, so I don't want to mess with it. SO, as a courtesy to hvz and anyone else who might want to hear from a user, I have purchased a mini-PC identical to the one I've already put into use, and will trial the beta. I'll use a different distro, interested in AV Linux, but otherwise I plan to clone the existing setup. So I reckon I'll be the first. I'm going in! I'll report back! It might be dangerous! If you don't hear from me, tell Ma I love her!

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 707 posts ]  Go to page Previous 167 68 69 70 71 Next