All times are UTC+02:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 707 posts ]  Go to page Previous 167 68 69 70 71
PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2023 11:10 pm 

Following up on myself, possibly the only tester of the (now) 10.11 Linux Jack Beta. I found AV Linux, a distro based on MX Linux, to be just weird. It's very pretty and seems well thought-out, but my Linux experience is Ubuntu and I found getting simple things done required a lot of work. AV Linux itself doesn't have a support forum, and since it's not really MX Linux, their usergroup forum isn't really a good place to post "help me" questions. So, back to Ubuntu Studio, familiar like a pair of well-worn shoes.

So, ST 10.11 -- the UI is much sweeter, nothing y'all here don't already know. Control slider are now sensible, being able to revert to last value is super, being able to type in a number is heaven! I have two instances running under JACK, both sharing the same capture client (IRL this will be the station's live feed from the broadcast studio) each sending output to two separate playback clients, one for lightly-processed web/stream listeners, the second for the aggressively-processed FM audio.

I'm liking this a lot!

Something I'd like to know, if anyone can help, is whether 10.11 can use 9.92's Preset files? I want to bring in my existing presets and play with the Scheduler to confirm it works as it should.

Thank you!

BTW, as seemingly the only tester of the Linux beta, I wonder if this could be its own Forum Topic? I see 70 pages written by Windows and probably Mac testers . . . my little niche is pretty small in comparison.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2023 11:18 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
Following up on myself, possibly the only tester of the (now) 10.11 Linux Jack Beta. I found AV Linux, a distro based on MX Linux, to be just weird. It's very pretty and seems well thought-out, but my Linux experience is Ubuntu and I found getting simple things done required a lot of work. AV Linux itself doesn't have a support forum, and since it's not really MX Linux, their usergroup forum isn't really a good place to post "help me" questions. So, back to Ubuntu Studio, familiar like a pair of well-worn shoes.

So, ST 10.11 -- the UI is much sweeter, nothing y'all here don't already know. Control slider are now sensible, being able to revert to last value is super, being able to type in a number is heaven! I have two instances running under JACK, both sharing the same capture client (IRL this will be the station's live feed from the broadcast studio) each sending output to two separate playback clients, one for lightly-processed web/stream listeners, the second for the aggressively-processed FM audio.

I'm liking this a lot!

Something I'd like to know, if anyone can help, is whether 10.11 can use 9.92's Preset files? I want to bring in my existing presets and play with the Scheduler to confirm it works as it should.

Thank you!

BTW, as seemingly the only tester of the Linux beta, I wonder if this could be its own Forum Topic? I see 70 pages written by Windows and probably Mac testers . . . my little niche is pretty small in comparison.
I don't really think that you're the only tester... Before there was a crash that nobody had reported. But for beta's, I really prefer to keep it in a single thread (by the way, this is the 10.01 beta thread, not the 10.11 beta thread - I see that I forgot to post a message about the 10.11 release).

Yes, you can still load older preset files. Vice versa as well, mostly (there are some small incompatibilities if you go back to older versions, most importantly you'll loose your license key if you go back from 10.XX to 9.XX).

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2023 11:25 pm 

Quote:

I don't really think that you're the only tester... Before there was a crash that nobody had reported. But for beta's, I really prefer to keep it in a single thread (by the way, this is the 10.01 beta thread, not the 10.11 beta thread - I see that I forgot to post a message about the 10.11 release).

Yes, you can still load older preset files. Vice versa as well, mostly (there are some small incompatibilities if you go back to older versions, most importantly you'll loose your license key if you go back from 10.XX to 9.XX).
Oh, I thought that you found a few weeks ago that the Linux Beta available online wasn't really the Linux Beta and you said that maybe since no one had complained, then maybe no one was running it. Maybe I misread that.

One question: in 9.92 it was possible to assign a custom Window Title to the running instance, and because I am running two, it was a handy feature. Has that been taken away? Thank you!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2023 12:22 am 

Beta 10.11, Linux Jack standalone. On the Dynamics > Multiband Compressor page > Band Controls, I am not finding a way to change the band frequencies. I have some sloppy values that were imported from my 9.92 version that I'd like to tidy up. Thank you!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2023 12:54 am 

Quote:
Beta 10.11, Linux Jack standalone. On the Dynamics > Multiband Compressor page > Band Controls, I am not finding a way to change the band frequencies. I have some sloppy values that were imported from my 9.92 version that I'd like to tidy up. Thank you!
Hans asked to use the latest beta threads. This one is a few versions old.

Just like before, you need to click the > to expand the cell. Or CTRL SHIFT + to expand all cells.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2023 1:41 am 

Oh dear, I did not understand that there is a new thread. My bad. I'll shift over to it.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2023 11:06 am 
Site Admin

Quote:
Bands -> Band frequencies. (Bands is higher on the page).

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 707 posts ]  Go to page Previous 167 68 69 70 71