All times are UTC+02:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 707 posts ]  Go to page Previous 144 45 46 47 4871 Next
PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2023 6:27 pm 

I don`t know if it`s something else, but MPXtool shows RDS 4.2%, sometimes it jumps to 4.3 (so may be around 4.25%... when Pilot is 9.0%.
Anyone else see the same? Or this is some kind of subjective, because it`s an AM modulation? Just asking, because it`s always like that, at least on my side.
I can try to guess, that it can be from the soundcard? Some lowering on that end of audio graph. It`s ALC892 onboard audio.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2023 10:54 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
I don`t know if it`s something else, but MPXtool shows RDS 4.2%, sometimes it jumps to 4.3 (so may be around 4.25%... when Pilot is 9.0%.
Anyone else see the same? Or this is some kind of subjective, because it`s an AM modulation? Just asking, because it`s always like that, at least on my side.
I can try to guess, that it can be from the soundcard? Some lowering on that end of audio graph. It`s ALC892 onboard audio.
If it's going through an actual sound card, then yes, it must be the rolloff of that sound card. Most cards have some amount of rolloff, which can usually be compensated with the Highs RC. Are you using the new SDR-based MPXTool? If MPXTool gets its input from a sound card, that sound card could also be the problem, so be careful with compensating for it.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2023 8:10 am 

I now see, that if i use the VAC for "connections", it shows exactly what i must be, Pilot and RDS %.
Looks like the Onboard audio chip has some UNflatness, but still is not that bad choice and is doing good, let`s say 4 out of 6. Will try with another card external card, a good one, to see what will be the difference.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2023 8:02 pm 

I likely already know this answer, but are items like DeClipper and Natural Dynamics supposed to be "first in line", so to speak? Meaning, they have first access to modify the incoming audio?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2023 5:10 pm 

Quote:
I likely already know this answer, but are items like DeClipper and Natural Dynamics supposed to be "first in line", so to speak? Meaning, they have first access to modify the incoming audio?
The Declipper is like the first in the chain because it needs as raw and squared peaks as possible to really do its magic. When you resample or dequantize ahead of time or do anything aside from adjusting input gain, the peak shapes get changed, and that affects the declipper's detection. However, it appears the DeHummer might be before the DeClipper?

However, Natural Dynamics is apparently better after the rest of the repair section (dehum, declip, dequantize, deloss, dereverb, noise gate, then FM hiss and phase repairing). I haven't experimented as much as I'd like, but the ND put after the AGC and True Bass and compressors sounds interesting (using multiple plugins). The punch is back, but it's not the same.

if Natural Dynamics could use its detection from another instance with it placed ahead in the chain, that would be interesting to hear. To clarify, I mean to have it detect stuff early like it does, but apply it later in the chain, after the AGC/compressors end up taming some of the percussion. I have a feeling this has been experimented with on Hans' end, and we likely ended up with ND where it was for a reason.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2023 11:51 am 
Site Admin

BETA082 is posted! See the opening post for a list of changes. MicroMPX streams coming from a Windows system (so that includes built into Stereo Tool) might be more reliable now!

Things are going a bit slowly at the moment because we are working on a new AGC and new compressors/limiters, but they aren't at a point yet where it's useful to post them here.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2023 11:12 pm 

Awesome!

So, the first issue I'm experiencing is when it's on my secondary monitor (1080p @96DPI) the vertical size wants to stretch past the window and won't resize (even when I try to force it with a key combo from DisplayFusion); horizontal works. Full Height Mode is off, though I would guess this function might have something to do with it.

I can't tell, but it might be trying to size itself up to the vertical resolution of my primary monitor (4K @192DPI) while on the secondary. I don't have a tertiary handy to test with. edit: NOPE see the images

One is dragged off-screen slightly into the primary monitor. You can see where it extends to.
The other is immediately clicking Full Height Mode afterward. Hope this helps.
Attachment:
Screenshot 2023-06-21 161759.png
Screenshot 2023-06-21 161759.png [ 181.91 KiB | Viewed 990 times ]
Attachment:
Screenshot 2023-06-21 161827.png
Screenshot 2023-06-21 161827.png [ 164.84 KiB | Viewed 990 times ]
Also, can we get the forum software updated to take WebP images as attachments? They're much more efficient than PNG, and screenshots don't require editing to get under the file size requirement. My background is indeed black, but I have to black out the desktop icons cause they're too detailed and inflate the size.

edit2: fixed images for privacy
edit3: This is the preview image from the taskbar. Notice the Absolute Highs meters are showing below the part that's offscreen?
Attachment:
Untitled.png
Untitled.png [ 31.82 KiB | Viewed 978 times ]

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2023 3:51 pm 

Quote:
BETA082 is posted! See the opening post for a list of changes. MicroMPX streams coming from a Windows system (so that includes built into Stereo Tool) might be more reliable now!

Things are going a bit slowly at the moment because we are working on a new AGC and new compressors/limiters, but they aren't at a point yet where it's useful to post them here.
Just tried this is wavelab 11.2 macOS 13.4 Macbook Pro M2pro, The screen now opens the correct size with the vSt3 version, but screen still blank.

Thanks

Attachments:
Screenshot 2023-06-22 at 14.48.35.png
Screenshot 2023-06-22 at 14.48.35.png [ 230.2 KiB | Viewed 944 times ]

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2023 6:40 pm 

I found a bug.
With some of the presets (Distressor for example) the Simple Clipper won't change for me until I disable Basstardizer, which is active in that preset. I assume Basstardizer is just causing an issue since it's on and deprecated.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2023 11:04 pm 

Sorry something else, the latest beta doesn't work in the last Linux Liquidsoap stable which uses the cmd version. Beta078 is the newest one that works.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 707 posts ]  Go to page Previous 144 45 46 47 4871 Next