All times are UTC+02:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 707 posts ]  Go to page Previous 118 19 20 21 2271 Next
PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2023 9:53 pm 
Site Admin

I have been looking into the I/O code and I've received feedback that the I/O issues that at least one person had are solved now, but at the cost of a higher latency. So I'm going to do some more tests tomorrow and make it configurable. Depending on the result of these tests, either with a single checkbox, or with a slider per sound card (the latter only if it has clear benefits, so far it doesn't look like that).

After that I'll look at the GUI remarks that were posted here. These things are exactly the type of feedback that we want :)

One thing that we hear a lot from people is that the ranges of sliders were far too big, so we have reduced a lot of them - and so far, we haven't heard any complaints about most of those range reductions. 64 dB/oct seems to be a bit excessive. Most processors don't go higher than 12, maybe 18. And very steep slopes can easily lead to very annoying effects. So: Can you explain why you want to go this high? Allowing entering out-of-range values would make sense here if we don't want to show sliders that go this high, so please convince us :) (0.1 definitey makes no sense, the lowest part of the range is kinda nonsensical already as it is)

The =/ icon means "difference", so the difference between input and output. If you hear silence something is wrong (unless it's set to a frequency that's so high that you can't hear the stuff that's removed).

"The speed "db/s" (decibel per second) for the AGC" -> Do you mean the band upspeed/downspeed in dB/s/6 dB? That does still exist in the new GUI. Or do you mean something else?

Screen reader: I cannot explain that, unless it's what asagrbics says. For saving, you can store them internally (so without downloading and uploading a file through the web interface). Maybe that part doesn't work in the screen reader? If you want to get the files on your pc on which the browser is open, then you have to download and upload it. But you can store presets internally.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2023 10:09 pm 

Hi Hans. There is a post of mine on the previous page where I asked if he was using Linux with the Orca screen reader. If yes, then it means that Orca has some ability to read your code. I don't know if you know, screen readers don't look at the front, visual side of the app and the page. They read the background, ie. they scan the program code. And if something non-standard was done there, they cannot interpret it. Obviously, NVDA and Jaws for Windows cannot interpret that part of the web page. I guess it's just some small error in the code. I don't use Linux and orca screen reader, so I don't know anything about it.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2023 11:06 pm 

Yes, Hans.
I mean exactly db/s/6db
I don`t see it anywhere. AGC is with attack release settings. I can`t see any other speed settings.

I will explain why to 64db/oct.
Because if any song has deep bass (i have first band at 35HZ), that deep bass is not going to be full regulated , according to second band. I mean if i set slope to 32db and look at the first band where it goes and then if i set it to 64db/oct, then first band is going even high. Something like "it has more freedom" from second band(which is 70HZ) at 64db, instead of 32db.
I can say, that from 48db to 64 there is almost nothing for effect, but from 32 to 48, there is still effect.
But if the high value can be eventually 48, why not to be like before 64?
I hope to explain it clear.

I know you will ask me why bands are that close each other (35,70) - i just want to have much more consistent/solid bass area. That is why i "divided it" more closely one to another.

I saw what "difference does and is OK for lowpass section, but i`m not sure if the highpass "difference" section is doing right. May be to check it?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2023 5:42 am 

I'm running the program on Linux but accessing it remotely from a PC I have whitelisted.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2023 10:18 am 

Quote:
I'm running the program on Linux but accessing it remotely from a PC I have whitelisted.
This is interesting. What is the Linux distribution? What screen reader are you using on the computer you are accessing the program?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2023 10:50 am 

I have one more Q: Is it or is it not possible anymore to adjust the "blue" displays ...... may be refresh rate in seconds (0.013, 0.025, 0.050.....) like before with left and right mouse buttons ?
If not, why?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2023 11:07 am 

Quote:
I have one more Q: Is it or is it not possible anymore to adjust the "blue" displays ...... may be refresh rate in seconds (0.013, 0.025, 0.050.....) like before with left and right mouse buttons ?
If not, why?
They added mouse roller for scopes but removed from sliders. But i guess it's to be able to click on scope that leads you to I/O. But now we have buffer monitor at bottom that also goes to I/O.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2023 11:14 am 

Quote:
Quote:
If not, why?
They added mouse roller for scopes but removed from sliders. But i guess it's to be able to click on scope that leads you to I/O. But now we have buffer monitor at bottom that also goes to I/O.
Oh, i see now.
Roller is good.But for sliders is working roller too, but only when you click on slider first, which is perfect.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2023 11:24 am 

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
If not, why?
Oh, i see now.
Roller is good.But for sliders is working roller too, but only when you click on slider first, which is perfect.
Ah yea youre right does not work only with hover over slider. Everithing is working with more clicks then in old gui.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2023 2:13 pm 

Things might be a middle-of-migration issue (I notice stereotool.com finally forwards to thimeo.com) but the download links don't currently work.

Also since stereotool.com is now forwarding, it seems reasonable to finish uploading/updating the help/documentation section. I'm always using the True Bass help page to demonstrate its effect in the handy infographics, but that page is missing.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 707 posts ]  Go to page Previous 118 19 20 21 2271 Next