All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 707 posts ]  Go to page Previous 126 27 28 29 3071 Next
PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2023 7:52 pm 

Quote:
Quote:
I've searched a bit but can't find the last time the Declipper-only plugin was posted. It's been a bit and I scrolled and couldn't find it.. Is there one handy someone can link to? I think Hans and crew are working on a new one still, which is fine, but I'm just looking for the last one that was posted here. VST or DSP, whichever, or both? Thanks.
The last one I could find was for beta 9.81 viewtopic.php?f=14&t=31003&start=28
However, perhaps you could find one if you scour in the 9.84 thread.
Thanks! I couldn't find this when I searched.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2023 8:03 pm 
Site Admin

BETA047 is posted. Lots of small stability and GUI performance improvements.

Kantar in the Enterprise version is updated but cannot be used yet - that needs to be certified first.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2023 9:41 am 

Visual glitches when moving mouse over equalizer, side chain or bands graphs (additional lines drawn).

Attack defaults to 1ms but GUI only allows 2.5ms or higher.

In the sb compressor and the old post AGC compressor when increasing the release shape above 100 or the gate speed above 10 or feedback to 100% or 'lowpass below' above 10000 a black box appears in the background.

The old post AGC compressor has lookahead placed in the side chain instead of detection like the other compressors.

Not a bug but inconvenience: The STS files in 'dsp_stereo_tool.presets' uses a different sorting for settings which makes text comparisons harder.

Last edited by \_/ on Sun Feb 26, 2023 10:26 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2023 10:23 am 
Site Admin

Quote:
Visual glitches when moving mouse over equalizer, side chain or bands graphs (additional lines drawn).

Attack defaults to 1ms but GUI only allows 2.5ms or higher.

In the sb compressor and the old post AGC compressor when increasing the release shape above 100 or the gate speed above 10 or feedback to 100% or 'lowpass below' above 10000 a black box appears in the background.

The old post AGC compressor has lookahead placed in the side chain instead of detection like the other compressors.
Ok, all 3 confirmed, and I also saw that when changing a slider sometimes the old and new values are displayed on top of each other. So, clearly, there are some situations in which it doesn't redraw.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2023 4:47 pm 

047 in every Linux version works again on my distro, appreciate it!

New gui looks/functions better than last time I've tried it a few months ago, it now has almost every setting I used to use in Extreme mode on the old one, I will switch on the first stable build for sure.

If I may, a suggestion, some Advanced Settings submenus (in Highs Exciter for instance) have a collapsable structure, it would be easier on the eyes if it would just list all the ~7 options than to collapse the menu just for the sake of a few. :)

LE: Same for Dehummer, Noise Gate

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2023 8:36 pm 

Quote:
If I may, a suggestion, some Advanced Settings submenus (in Highs Exciter for instance) have a collapsable structure, it would be easier on the eyes if it would just list all the ~7 options than to collapse the menu just for the sake of a few. :)
There's a key combo to expand all cells, but you have to do it on each page, and it only works on either the meter bar or the main window at a time. But it's super handy for filling out the page with settings, instead of clicking everything to unfold it.

CTRL SHIFT + expands them
CTRL SHIFT - collapses them

I still think it would be great if there was a combo (or button or function or whatever) that auto-expanded all cells and meters on all pages after just using it once. It also needs to be documented in the app somewhere.

Also, I found it funny that 47 finally worked for a guy named Hitman. In the Hitman games, he's agent 47.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2023 5:54 am 

047, Misalignment horizontally across AGC and Multibands. They should use the same guideline.
Attachment:
Screenshot 2023-02-27 225126.png
Screenshot 2023-02-27 225126.png [ 38.6 KiB | Viewed 1204 times ]
edit: Also the reset triangle doesn't always get positioned properly until it's moused-over.
Attachment:
Screenshot 2023-02-27 225817.png
Screenshot 2023-02-27 225817.png [ 12.43 KiB | Viewed 1202 times ]

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2023 2:46 pm 

Quote:
There's a key combo to expand all cells, but you have to do it on each page, and it only works on either the meter bar or the main window at a time. But it's super handy for filling out the page with settings, instead of clicking everything to unfold it.

CTRL SHIFT + expands them
CTRL SHIFT - collapses them

I still think it would be great if there was a combo (or button or function or whatever) that auto-expanded all cells and meters on all pages after just using it once. It also needs to be documented in the app somewhere.

Also, I found it funny that 47 finally worked for a guy named Hitman. In the Hitman games, he's agent 47.
Oh yeah, only later have I realized the coincidence :D

With Ctrl Shift + it opens up the collapsable menus, yeah it works and it's pretty useful, i also dialed a bit down the Compactness setting to 75% to match the old gui's layout and it's quite good now.
Indeed there should be an option to do this without the key combos (and only per page like you mentioned so it looks fine on the big menus like agc/compressors), probably more useful if it will also merge in some of the advanced settings if they are few enough (possibly with an extra option under graphical settings such as 'show the option to expand menus' and 'also merge advanced options' below it). The guys will surely figure it out : - )

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2023 4:29 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
047, Misalignment horizontally across AGC and Multibands. They should use the same guideline.

Screenshot 2023-02-27 225126.png

edit: Also the reset triangle doesn't always get positioned properly until it's moused-over.

Screenshot 2023-02-27 225817.png
Most of these issues were fixed in 048. but the alignment of the bars not yet - Tom is working on that today.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2023 2:59 pm 

The band frequencies graph of MB3 shows at most 5 curves, the one of MB5 only 1 flat line.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 707 posts ]  Go to page Previous 126 27 28 29 3071 Next