All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 707 posts ]  Go to page Previous 125 26 27 28 2971 Next
PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2023 10:19 pm 

Saying something sucks and that you won't use it until it doesn't suck is not a contribution. You have to be detailed and respectful for your points to get taken seriously. Not vague and rude.

WHAT at its CORE is unredeemable? Your input is necessary, and quitting out is not putting in.

A list of sentence fragments is not what I would consider detailed enough. If you must, write out the 'litany' of issues with each one raised per its own post, so you can throw in more detail later and keep things organized. Write what it does, what you expect it to do, what it's not doing, and why it's wrong.

This etiquette goes for anybody across just about any development platform. It's just plain conducive to productivity.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2023 1:20 am 

MrKlorox if your post was directed at me, I apologize. Thank you all for developing and improving Stereo Tool.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2023 1:56 am 

Quote:
MrKlorox if your post was directed at me, I apologize. Thank you all for developing and improving Stereo Tool.
It was not specifically to you. The last part goes to anybody, but it was in response to Bojcha. Sorry for not being more clear.

Bojcha is more responsible for the state of ST than I am. This is why I feel like it's important to get his level of user to be comfortable with the new GUI by elaborating on what doesn't work.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2023 2:20 am 

I can see how hard all of you have worked on it, and Stereo Tool is a great audio processor. A complex objective/subjective product like this cannot make everyone happy. All a manufacturer can do is determine which direction it would like to go, and to which market. It's easy to feel overwhelmed from too many demands and it takes a lot of time to solve some of these things. And what gets priority depends on the direction Stereo Tool developers want to go.

btw- I have not looked at the new GUI because I have 9.92 on the air and my focus is adjusting it to get the desired sound. Will a current 9.92 user pre-set sound different when imported into the new GUI?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2023 4:56 pm 

Hi

Is there some sort of roadmap that says when the 10.1 goes "gold" (Released to production)? I use 9.92 and I'm very happy with it, but that new interface is looking good.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2023 8:58 pm 

I read somebody was having doubts about the lowpass filter difference button working correctly. I just tested and the difference button does not appear to work. I can hear some sound faintly as I slide the Lowpass bar around while Difference is enabled... but I should be hearing the full spectrum at all times if it's set low enough, correct?

10.02-045 win10x64

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2023 8:21 pm 

Still having problems with ST shutting down when using VLC.

The problem occurs if the incoming stream is cut off... usually due to an internet fault at the studio.

ST does not recover from this problem. It has to be restarted manually.

I had a power outage at a studio last night. After power was restored and the stream came back up, 2 processors had to be logged into and restarted.

This has been a frequent occurrence when using VLC, and the problem has been noted for quite a long time.

VLC is up to date, as is ST, though this doesn't seem to have any effect.

A former note suggested this was a known problem with Win 7 computers. I am experiencing it now with Win 10

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2023 6:51 pm 

I've searched a bit but can't find the last time the Declipper-only plugin was posted. It's been a bit and I scrolled and couldn't find it.. Is there one handy someone can link to? I think Hans and crew are working on a new one still, which is fine, but I'm just looking for the last one that was posted here. VST or DSP, whichever, or both? Thanks.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2023 7:10 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
I've searched a bit but can't find the last time the Declipper-only plugin was posted. It's been a bit and I scrolled and couldn't find it.. Is there one handy someone can link to? I think Hans and crew are working on a new one still, which is fine, but I'm just looking for the last one that was posted here. VST or DSP, whichever, or both? Thanks.
For now: It's currently crashing, and we need to put the presets in it, because of the new preset mechanism, which is still a bit in flux. I'm not really sure what the last working version is... :(

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2023 7:52 pm 

Quote:
The last one I could find was for beta 9.81 viewtopic.php?f=14&t=31003&start=28
However, perhaps you could find one if you scour in the 9.84 thread.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 707 posts ]  Go to page Previous 125 26 27 28 2971 Next