All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 707 posts ]  Go to page Previous 141 42 43 44 4571 Next
PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2023 7:12 pm 

073 is working correctly on Linux, _jack_alsa is still reliable after their last fixes :-)
(Weirdly 071 had a strange crashing bug but it's okay for some reason now)

Now I reminded myself to ask you about some sound related stuff that I seemed to be encountering, excuse their spareness in advance:
  • Do you recommend Adv. Clipper - Sparkling highs still on when using Highs Exciter?
  • In Stereo Delay (formerly ACR Stereo) does the Flip phase option need to be on if I'm using Stereo Reverb-3D, or leave it off/is it unrelated?
  • Multiband AGC seems to not cut enough of the higher 2 bands when Dynamic attack/release is on at any level - it seems to "like" highs, regardless of how it and the side chains/comps are set. Turning it off the sound balances again. I think this started from the AGC fixes a few betas ago, but not entirely sure. What else can I try from my end?

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2023 7:32 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
I have sent you a mail with the preset and explanation
Ok, it still doesn't reproduce on my end. Is anyone else seeing a similar behavior?

Quote:
073 is working correctly on Linux, _jack_alsa is still reliable after their last fixes :-)

Now I reminded myself to ask you about some sound related stuff that I seemed to be encountering, excuse their spareness in advance:
  • Do you recommend Adv. Clipper - Sparkling highs still on when using Highs Exciter?
  • In Stereo Delay (formerly ACR Stereo) does the Flip phase option need to be on if I'm using Stereo Reverb-3D, or leave it off/is it unrelated?
  • Multiband AGC seems to not cut enough of the higher 2 bands when Dynamic attack/release is on at any level - it seems to "like" highs, regardless of how it and the side chains/comps are set. Turning it off the sound balances again. I think this started from the AGC fixes a few betas ago, but not entirely sure. What else can I try from my end?
Sparkling Highs is separate from Highs Exciter, they aren't related. Sparkling Highs basically means: Allow more highs to get through the clipper even if they distort a bit (which sounds sparkling, people often like it).

The default value for Flip Phase is ON, because we found that that sounds better. Not related to the 3D thing.

Multiband AGC: None of the builtin presets have changed - we run all of them in a nightly test after building. So for any features that's used in any built-in preset, the behavior shouldn't have changed at all. Can you give me more details?

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2023 8:25 pm 

Quote:
Quote:
Ok, it still doesn't reproduce on my end. Is anyone else seeing a similar behavior?
It's since Beta066 this are the changes in 066

Export of saved presets is now filtered as well for login rights (not visible = removed from export)
Preset selection links in web interface are filtered for access rights
Rewrote pulldown behavior (risky, but everything seems ok - handling of updates and unknown values is changed).
DSP plugin window could shrink slightly in some cases after restarts, solved.
Web interface: After logging out you could log in again without re-entering password, fixed.
Several screen reader fixes

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2023 6:20 am 

Btw exporting the current preset takes away the highlight from it in the recent tab of the preset selection window.

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2023 8:32 pm 

Yes. About a 10 second freeze while saving or loading a preset. Win 10. Folders are excluded from antivirus. Restarting Stereo Tool and then the save is instant. It seems to get worse with uptime of the application.

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

Sparkling Highs is separate from Highs Exciter, they aren't related. Sparkling Highs basically means: Allow more highs to get through the clipper even if they distort a bit (which sounds sparkling, people often like it).

The default value for Flip Phase is ON, because we found that that sounds better. Not related to the 3D thing.

Multiband AGC: None of the builtin presets have changed - we run all of them in a nightly test after building. So for any features that's used in any built-in preset, the behavior shouldn't have changed at all. Can you give me more details?

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2023 6:51 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
Yes. About a 10 second freeze while saving or loading a preset. Win 10. Folders are excluded from antivirus. Restarting Stereo Tool and then the save is instant. It seems to get worse with uptime of the application.
I fixed the issue on loading; will post a new version (BETA075) in a moment. So hopefully that will fix what you're seeing as well; I can't explain any effect of the uptime on this behavior.

Edit: BETA075 is available now.

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2023 5:48 pm 

Beta75: Opening settings in Natural Dynamics causes a rapidly flickering window to popup.Win 10 EXE 64 bit.

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2023 6:36 pm 

Quote:
Since Beta066 I briefly get a message not responding when I load a preset from my PC
Yes fixed! Thanks Hans.

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2023 9:02 pm 

Quote:
I ommited an importrant detail, sorry, this happens over some time like 10 or so minutes. Basically on the multiband: 4 bands, only modification being sidechain and faster attack. On dynamic i have higher reduction of fast+slow movements (to avoid acting like a compressor, am I doing it right?). Turn the dynamic on with let's say factor 3.00 (is that what you would suggest, or lower/higher)? After that period of time it will cut less from the top 2 bands, sound will have more highs. If i turn it off it's balanced again.

LE: Use fast speed for attack clamps down the second band e.g. the low-mids to around -9db, can't get it to move from there.

Last edited by Hitman on Sun May 21, 2023 2:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2023 2:17 pm 

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Hi, Just tested "Beta 10.02-060 Stereo Tool - macOS VST - UNIVERSAL binary (Intel/M1)" in MacOs 13.3 ventura + Wavelab 11.2. I'm now getting a momentary flickering plugin screen when opening the plugin on my DAW and then it quickly disappears.
The Mac code hasn't yet been rewritten. Maybe next week...
Ah ok. Got ya. Thanks
I've tested the most recent Beta 10.02-075 Stereotool. The screen is no longer blank, but sadly the window opens up too large on my MacBook Pro, and I can't resize it. hope you can help.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 707 posts ]  Go to page Previous 141 42 43 44 4571 Next