All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 707 posts ]  Go to page Previous 117 18 19 20 2171 Next
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2023 1:12 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
When you use old gui and then new gui, new gui does not load many things what was set in old, and one of them is KS instead MME.
I have just tried this a few times here and I don't see it. I have tested both input and output, and went from old to new and new to old. Can you tell me exactly, step-by-step, what you do and what you see?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2023 2:14 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
Hans,

Any info on streaming output in VST plugin and streaming output in MicroMPX decoders ?

Will appreciate any feedback and can provide feedback with testing in real environment.
Not yet. We could add it, but then we also need to give you an installer, and the VST needs a directory structure with the streaming DLL's. Currently the VST is just a single file.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2023 8:29 pm 

Quote:
Quote:
When you use old gui and then new gui, new gui does not load many things what was set in old, and one of them is KS instead MME.
I have just tried this a few times here and I don't see it. I have tested both input and output, and went from old to new and new to old. Can you tell me exactly, step-by-step, what you do and what you see?
I know i saw it once, maybe it's resolved now, i can try again, but that means that new gui will kill my recent presets list in old gui, as soon as i started it, among other things.
That's why i keep them with different .exe name so and .ini name, and also recommended different exe/ini name for new gui.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2023 1:56 am 
Site Admin

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I know i saw it once, maybe it's resolved now, i can try again, but that means that new gui will kill my recent presets list in old gui, as soon as i started it, among other things.
That's why i keep them with different .exe name so and .ini name, and also recommended different exe/ini name for new gui.
You can copy the .ini file to test it.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2023 1:57 am 
Site Admin

BETA042 is posted. I have made a change to the I/O code for Wasapi, MME and KS to make it equal to the old code. This is purely for testing; it causes bigger latencies. If this indeed fixes the problem I might add a setting for it.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2023 7:31 am 

It's weird, but the preset selector works ok with my screen reader when I use the latest Linux X64 CMD version located here with the new web interface on.
https://www.stereotool.com/download/stereo_tool_cmd_64
Is the CMD version being updated with the beta? Can't find links for it in this thread.

Another thing how can I save the current settings without downloading an exported file and uploading it back? Seems like a lot of work just to save them. I have access to the command line, but it would be cool if they saved automatically because I don't have GUI access on the server, the web interface doesn't have a "save" button.
[edit] I can't find an import/export preset option on the new web interface for the CMD version, but I can just use the feature with the old web interface for now and control everything else with the new one. Complicated but at least it works.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2023 6:58 pm 

I see, that in Multiband settings for slope are limited to only 32 db/oct now. Why is that and we don`t have anymore the 64db/oct posibility? I don`t see any reason for that.
Also, in the bandpass, if i press the figure that shows two horizontal lines , marked with one in about 45 degrees, i see different things. In the highpass i listen to the LOW side (i guess) , but in the lowpass if i pres it, i listen to nothing, there is no sound...
What is the function of this button?

May be some "description label" of that buttons and not only, will be useful. I mean when mouse hover on the buttons.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2023 8:28 pm 

Quote:
I see, that in Multiband settings for slope are limited to only 32 db/oct now. Why is that and we don`t have anymore the 64db/oct posibility?
Agreed. While I don't use this specific configuration, I also liked to have the more extreme settings available for experimentation and "out-of-the-box thinking." My current hangup is the minimum Threshold for SBB doesn't line up with the minimum Target Level of the AGC (I would like the old -30db or lower target level).

I believe the premise of these settings restrictions was to help "sanify" presets...

However, if one loads a preset or ini with values further than the GUI allows, they remain in effect until changed. I would love the ability to type in a value that would be further than the GUI currently allowed and it be accepted.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2023 8:40 pm 

I can add the following: The speed "db/s" (decibel per second) for the AGC is the thing , that is missing also. I like that dimension... Now is again "attack release" thing

May be the dimension must be for multiband too? What you guys think? Let`s say from 0.1 to 64 db/s
Or at least for Digital multiband. Or be as option to be choosen there.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2023 9:31 pm 

Quote:
It's weird, but the preset selector works ok with my screen reader when I use the latest Linux X64 CMD version located here with the new web interface on.
https://www.stereotool.com/download/stereo_tool_cmd_64
Is the CMD version being updated with the beta? Can't find links for it in this thread.

Another thing how can I save the current settings without downloading an exported file and uploading it back? Seems like a lot of work just to save them. I have access to the command line, but it would be cool if they saved automatically because I don't have GUI access on the server, the web interface doesn't have a "save" button.
[edit] I can't find an import/export preset option on the new web interface for the CMD version, but I can just use the feature with the old web interface for now and control everything else with the new one. Complicated but at least it works.
I assume it's a Linux distribution. If I'm correct, the Orca screen reader is running on the Linux system. Apparently Orca can interpret the preset selector code.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 707 posts ]  Go to page Previous 117 18 19 20 2171 Next