All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2022 10:16 pm 

Again, you're not using the new GUI, so the web interface is depreciated by comparison. The meters are in the new GUI web interface for sure.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2022 1:07 am 

Quote:
In that case, I would say yes it also seems bugged. You're on a roll so far.
Yay for me?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2022 1:13 am 

Quote:
Again, you're not using the new GUI, so the web interface is depreciated by comparison. The meters are in the new GUI web interface for sure.
Hi, I'm not sure who you are replying to here. I'm the OP and I'm using the current Linux Standalone 64-bit ALSA version available from the downloads page at https://www.thimeo.com/stereo-tool/download/

The running ST is 9.91 -- if this is a beta version I'd like to switch over to a release version, the thing will be in the air chain at our radio station 24/7. I'm not afraid of playing with betas but in this case there could be a lot of consequences if things go all shaky and weird.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2022 2:05 am 

Quote:
Quote:
Hi, I'm not sure who you are replying to here.
Sorry, that was to M-N there.
Quote:
The running ST is 9.91 -- if this is a beta version I'd like to switch over to a release version, the thing will be in the air chain at our radio station 24/7. I'm not afraid of playing with betas but in this case there could be a lot of consequences if things go all shaky and weird.
9.91 is the current release version. 9.92 should be coming soon, while ST 10 is still to be in beta. Come to think of it, in your case, it's just standard good practice to try the beta before posting in the beta thread or the bug thread; in case this or a related issue has already been solved. You don't have to go on-air with it in beta, or anything risky like that.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2022 8:19 am 

Mr Klorox , Jack

I am looking forward to looking at beta version but my version from the beta forum currently just deploys 9.9.0.

I think i didn't quite understand the whitelist but its working well just like magic changing settings, the best thing is I can alter the volume on the fly.

There are still some things I don't understand in relation to the conclusion settings of the speech processing . There is not much help on screen and an abundance of settings:) I also asked if this was catered for in the cost of the other Microphone processor "The Bimp" that I don't have as yet. Does this allow a mic to be plugged into stereo tool or still process music with speech talk over, does it deal with de-reverb on speaking announcements which is just horrible. which are already in the stream from RadioBoss. I also have not figured out radio connectivity and what I require to transmit C-DSP on FM.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2022 10:27 am 
Site Admin

This thread is getting a bit confusing - please open a separate post for unrelated things. (I will also move it to the "Bugs" sections).

For the OP, this isn't a whitelist issue. If you try to open the web interface for an IP address that's not white listed, you will get an error message stating exactly that, not a timeout. So, apparently, for some reason the pc that you're connecting from doesn't have access to port 8080 on the system that's running Stereo Tool.

It could be that something in Linux is blocking it? I've used the web interface a lot from Raspberry Pi's using our own image, and that works fine. Could your Linux install have a firewall that blocks access, for example? Please try if you can ping the device.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2022 10:30 am 
Site Admin

Quote:
There are still some things I don't understand in relation to the conclusion settings of the speech processing . There is not much help on screen and an abundance of settings:) I also asked if this was catered for in the cost of the other Microphone processor "The Bimp" that I don't have as yet. Does this allow a mic to be plugged into stereo tool or still process music with speech talk over, does it deal with de-reverb on speaking announcements which is just horrible. which are already in the stream from RadioBoss. I also have not figured out radio connectivity and what I require to transmit C-DSP on FM.
The BIMP is indeed intended to run a separate microphone through Stereo Tool. So you can use things like DeReverb *only* on that microphone (but you'll get MUCH better results if there is no reverb in the first place). DeReverb is mainly intended for forensics use, several police forensics departments use Stereo Tool to clean up audio. On music it would indeed sound absolutely horrible.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2022 10:57 am 

Hi Jack, yes I had control of this through my mobile . I think you need the IP address of the computer with the DSP on it. When I tried another computer it had the same IP address strangely so could not work. Its worth checking from then :0 a device without the same IP try turn on this remote control. When you put this computer in the browser window ii 192.168.0.32:8080 or whatever if it authorized it will show you a stereotool page. if not it will put up a page not authorised at the bottom of this is your IP to plug into white list. Good luck hope it works this time.

M

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2022 11:43 am 

Quote:

The BIMP is indeed intended to run a separate microphone through Stereo Tool. So you can use things like DeReverb *only* on that microphone (but you'll get MUCH better results if there is no reverb in the first place). DeReverb is mainly intended for forensics use, several police forensics departments use Stereo Tool to clean up audio. On music it would indeed sound absolutely horrible.
Hi Hvz Yes i thought it was for seperate Mic. The mic currently is output on Radio box and mixed there into audio. I a not sure I really understand the Speech detection screen. I have only changed Conclusion to speech 10% and music 9% my RadioBOSS cuts music by 30db to allow clean mic . The noticeable problem seems the reverb on this as its added o music to give pleasing sound which makes it sound very strange on vocal . Will the DeReverb take care of this I know its about 200EU currently for the bimp does this come with anything else that might help please ?

This is the settings which i currently have in place could you assist to improve it if possible:

Thanks

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2022 3:21 pm 

Quote:
This thread is getting a bit confusing - please open a separate post for unrelated things. (I will also move it to the "Bugs" sections).

For the OP, this isn't a whitelist issue. If you try to open the web interface for an IP address that's not white listed, you will get an error message stating exactly that, not a timeout. So, apparently, for some reason the pc that you're connecting from doesn't have access to port 8080 on the system that's running Stereo Tool.

It could be that something in Linux is blocking it? I've used the web interface a lot from Raspberry Pi's using our own image, and that works fine. Could your Linux install have a firewall that blocks access, for example? Please try if you can ping the device.
Ah, yes, I frequently find that I am not as smart as I wish I was. You are indeed correct -- Ubuntu's default firewall setting is to allow nothing inbound. I added a new rule and like magic the remote computer connected to the webgui immediately. Thank you for pointing me in the right direction! So -- one problem solved -- now I can use the webgui to overcome the text entry problem I am experiencing.