All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2022 2:11 am 

Hi, I'm evaluating the Linux standalone v. 9.91 and can't get the Scheduler to work. It might be that I don't understand the documentation, or perhaps it's not functional in this version? Thank you!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2022 9:08 am 

I think the Scheduler is supposed to allow you to load .sts configuration files which carry setting for thimeo. In this way if you have specific settings for a particular type of music for example something which is clean and quiet you might need different setting to something with metal or rock you can load the .sts file automatically . What are you having problems with Jack? Can you take a screen shot or video it might help?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2022 12:58 am 

Hi, yes I understand that Scheduler is designed to load different .sts files at days/times as user specifies.

But let me start with the first issue I am seeing. In Image you can see that there is a "v" in the File box next to the first Time entry.

This "v" came when I used ctrl-v to paste the Path to the .sts I wanted to load. I did not get a Paste, I got a "v". This "v" cannot be removed with a backspace or a highlight and delete. It is there forever.

You can see that in some other text boxes I have entered some garbage characters. I did this purposefully and they also are permanent: Restarting ST does not remove these characters.

So my first question is: how can I clear these characters from the text boxes? I cannot even begin to test Scheduler unless I can make entries.

Ubuntu 22.04 is the OS.

Thank you!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2022 1:34 am 

Oh wow, yeah that definitely cannot be intended behavior. As a workaround, have you tested the Web Interface at all? I have had some luck with adjusting things there that are temporarily broken in the app UI.

Secondly, there's a beta for the new GUI you might check out; same with its new web UI. I would bet the input is more functional there, as that is the one they're going to be using moving forward, at some point.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2022 2:04 am 

Thank you Mr Klorox, for the suggestions. At this time I cannot edit the Whitelist directly -- for the reason I gave above (this GUI interface things must be fixed!) -- to allow entry from another computer on the LAN -- but with a browser on the same PC, then yes! the text boxes are editable.

Brilliant!

Okay, so here I put in some scheduling and some .sts entries, as shown here: Image.

And now we wait to see if the Scheduler does its job (if I did my part correctly) . . . <taps foot impatiently> . . . three minutes now to 1655 and it is Tuesday . . . and . . . no, I am sorry to say that Stereotool did not switch to the different preset as I hoped. The (partially hidden, possibly a browser issue) view of the active Preset here Image shows the Preset that was running before the switch I hoped for.

It appears that the Scheduler is not paying attention to me. I may be doing something wrong?

Thank you for your help!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2022 8:02 am 

Hi Jack sorry to ask, and am sure you have already tested these .sts files changed the settings you was looking for ? If you reload each one up in turn does it show the change in sound settings you expect in Stereo tool?

I am also trying this in windows 10 Professional latest update. "The Pole STS" Path text looks to large but its readable. When I clicked on Time schedule it gave a strange message :

'Schedule Info' When a preset is loaded no settings are reset, so setting not available in the settings file are kept as-is. When a preset uses different algorithms, or for example a different number of bands, switching may cause audio glitches, you can however safely change things like threshold attack , release speeds etc. Use 'Test' to verify correct and smooth transitions.

Now I placed a thimeo.sts in Also configuration settings and pressed 'test' it grayed whole screen out and then removed everything . So its likely the problems you are experiancing are happening in windows too unless I am clueless in this too . I presumed the 'Active' button shows if that .sts is active ? I did manage to have text edited in the boxes correctly so that may be a font issue in your set o/s up?

So ok, I ran a test for you with two times 12:21am and 12:30am and two .sts files one with fm switched on . When it got to 12:30pm it did not add in the FM.sts . Perhaps there is something I set wrong too . It might need a date and time for example or the format might be not correct. It could be this is addressed in the beta ?

However I am unable to run beta

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2022 6:04 pm 

No, no, it's a fair question. I have tested the .sts files manually loading them. They do make the expected changes to the Processing. The Scheduler is not loading them. The "Test" button does not load them. I think the text editing bug is a Linux issue, and should be reported. Discovering the secret to making Scheduler work also appears to need reporting. How can I report these? Thank you!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2022 8:53 pm 

There's a subforum here for bug reports: viewforum.php?f=15

You should probably be using that instead of the News forum, but nobody had said anything yet.

However, from what I can tell, that forum is tended to after a version is fully released to grab bugs to fix for the next beta. For things to be noticed right off, it's best to test the functionality in the latest beta (currently 9.92) and report the discrepancies in the thread where it resides. And since there are currently two betas (new GUI for ST 10, and old GUI for 9.92) and you're experiencing interface bugs, I highly recommend testing both before reporting in the beta thread.

So you can go about it a couple of ways.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2022 9:02 pm 

Ah, okay. My apologies to anyone on this subforum. I don't suppose there is a way to migrate a topic to another subforum . . . ?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2022 8:47 pm 

Well MrKlorox. If the GUI is not much much much much more faster than it currently is many people wont migrate to it as its really slow and a DSP has to be lightning fast reactive . The current offering cant even act fast enough to load my license Ctrl +V so its a thumbs down for me until they put some go-faster powder stuff in it or I buy another faster motherboard cpu and memory ideally i9 to keep up with slow software.

The help was also slow on the bug forum so my apologies to the group for posting here but am sticking with the faster DSP 9.9.1 for me . Please move this thread to bug support area if you can. Thank you