All times are UTC+02:00

Post subject: Stereo Tool 10.21
PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2024 2:23 pm 
Site Admin

Stereo Tool 10.21 is released. This is mostly a bug fix release.

Changes:
  • Bug fix: Wrong (nonexistent) language selection could cause crashes.
  • Bug fix: Console version was reading from wrong settings file by default (~/stereo_tool instead of ~/.stereo_tool.rc on Linux/Mac).
  • Bug fix: Omnia.SST licensing was broken in recent versions, possibly other products as well.
  • Bug fix: Omnia.SST misbehaved, always tried to apply SSB mode even if that was disabled.
  • Bug fix: Command line version could output a message to stdout, which could interfere with streaming input to output in programs like LiquidSoap.
  • Bug fix: Generic plugin: Closing the GUI didn't work properly since version 10.00, causing problems with mAirList (and possibly other hosts).
  • Bug fix: Generic plugin: API broke due to missing function exports in 10.00. Built-in preset functions are no longer supported, now return false.
  • Generic plugin: Removed Full Screen/Height modes.
  • Optimized scanning of built-in presets, mainly to speed up startup.
  • Optimized scanning of saved presets, mainly to speed up startup.
  • Cleaned up GUI code, made it a bit faster and use a bit less memory.
  • MicroMPX: Bug fix: Since version 4.2.1 (ST 10.11), decoder could have dropouts every 6h12m46s for certain settings. Was fixed in 4.2.2, but 1 edge case remained.
  • MicroMPX: Bug fix: Seting a password, then turning password protection off crashed.

Post subject: Re: Stereo Tool 10.21
PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2024 10:18 am 

Hi Hans, I have installed the new ST 10.21.
We only play music from the 70s, 80s and 90s. The files are all in .m4a format, 128kbps, 44100 Hz, 32 bit and with volume -9LUFS (the one used for CDs)

In REPAIR is 'modern recordings' or 'low bitrate modern recordings' recommended? (we have the DELOSSIFIER licence)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2024 3:06 pm 

This is working surprisingly well on a Pi4, quality at 120%, using HVZ's adaptive compressor setting preset, and the processing latency setting was moved from 2048 to 4096. No glitching or any other issue so far. I'm also using the latest Raspberry Pi 64-bit OS (Bookworm). CPU temp (no fan nor heatsink) is around 71-72c at the moment.

This is purely to accept analogue input through the ADC to provide a processed HD output which is encoded by Liquidsoap for Icecast2 on the same box. No FM/AM etc is being used. There's a further output to allow me to monitor the processed sound on the HiFi system.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2024 5:41 am 

hi man i don't know if you will remember me i'm an old friend of yours from a while back in the uk. hope all is well ...and yes i'm still using stereo tool every day. still using ver 9.23 with one of your old presets...been using for a long time anyways hope all is well with you it's been a while ( yes i know it's old but its works lol )