All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous 13 4 5 6 7 Next
PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2022 3:30 pm 

Quote:
Released! See https://www.thimeo.com/how-to-use-the-r ... ard-image/

Next step is to add licensing for the different products to the site, that will hopefully be ready later today.
We'll I've got everything working now using a Behringer UMC 22 USB interface , audio is fine, a few more questions: -
You show other zips with updates but how do I add these to my image?
I will need to be able to force network settings is that possible and if so how?

note the network address doesn't appear on the screen when booting.

Jon

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2023 11:34 am 

Hi,

Please can someone tell me how do I enter the address when I sellect main input "Stream (via VLC)" ?
I cant find it anywhere :cry:

PS I'm trying to use software version 10.00 on a RPI 4B 2GoRAM + a basic Hifiberry DAC+

Thanks ;)

Attachments:
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG [ 84.92 KiB | Viewed 7968 times ]

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2023 2:06 pm 
Site Admin

Oh! That option shouldn't be there in the Linux version. So, the answer is that you can't :(

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2023 6:38 pm 

The firmware updates for All products for RPI image are not available? I see that there are updates for standalone apps but not for RPI image.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2023 10:54 am 
Site Admin

Quote:
The firmware updates for All products for RPI image are not available? I see that there are updates for standalone apps but not for RPI image.
They are there now, we forgot to add them to he beta thread before.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2023 2:16 pm 

New raspberry pi5 just released! Any plans to support it soon? What are your first thoughts on the new hw?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2023 3:13 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
New raspberry pi5 just released! Any plans to support it soon? What are your first thoughts on the new hw?
Based on what I read, this should be able to run Stereo Tool at close-to or maybe even full quality. The clock speed is a third faster than the Pi 4 (2.4 GHz vs 1.8 GHz). According to other benchmarks that I found, the total speed at the same clock speed should be about 35% faster than the A72. So in total it should run at close to 180% of the speed of a Pi 4.

There's a bigger memory cache and memory benchmarks look really good, which hopefully means that we can run the full processing at 4096 instead of 2048 block size without losing a lot of performance. (That might be part of the increased speed in the benchmarks).

Assuming that the HifiBerry still works on this new hardware, we will add support for this as soon as possible - for now it has only been announced, we probably need a new OS version (until now that has always been the case with new Pi versions), so most likely the existing image won't work.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2023 9:14 pm 
Site Admin

Jeff Geerling made an informative video about it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nBtOEmUqASQ

My main questions at this point:
- Can the power be set to start up when the board gets power (I would assume yes, given that there are also settings that control power usage when it's turned off etc)
- What about cooling in combination with a HifiBerry HAT?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2023 11:56 pm 

Quote:
Quote:
Based on what I read, this should be able to run Stereo Tool at close-to or maybe even full quality. The clock speed is a third faster than the Pi 4 (2.4 GHz vs 1.8 GHz). According to other benchmarks that I found, the total speed at the same clock speed should be about 35% faster than the A72. So in total it should run at close to 180% of the speed of a Pi 4.

There's a bigger memory cache and memory benchmarks look really good, which hopefully means that we can run the full processing at 4096 instead of 2048 block size without losing a lot of performance. (That might be part of the increased speed in the benchmarks).

Assuming that the HifiBerry still works on this new hardware, we will add support for this as soon as possible - for now it has only been announced, we probably need a new OS version (until now that has always been the case with new Pi versions), so most likely the existing image won't work.
Hans,

I think the Hifiberry cards will be work but a small rework need to be done on GPIO (riser) when the official cooler will be installed.

The Raspbian is working fine with the new hardware (kernel 6.1.y is bookworm) and with the image you have a small apt update to do is fine.

In reality though, a new image will be needed for Pi 4 & 5. :)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2023 5:56 pm 

New Raspberry PI image available, "Bookworm". Probably it will full support and the Raspberry PI 5. :D

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous 13 4 5 6 7 Next