All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2023 2:20 am 

Hi, this Topic is, like, a million pages long so it's entirely possible that this has been asked and answered, and if so, my apologies. My question is, will the new version allow the user to change the dwell time for tooltips?

With the present version (9.92 Linux) all it takes for a tooltip to open is just a momentary swipe of the mouse cursor and the tooltip box opens. I like the tooltips, they are helpful, but in 9.92 Linux they are popping up all the time as I move my cursor across the screen.

I wish they would wait a few seconds before popping up. My 0.02

Thank you for making such a fun program!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2023 2:27 am 

In the new GUI they don't pop at all unless you right-click and chose "What's This?"

Some folks don't like the extra click, and others are relieved the tooltips aren't constant. So, to each his own.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2023 6:32 pm 

LOL! Yeah, the "WTF is this" option would work well for me!

I look forward to trying the next version, but only when it is ready for Prime Time. I don't want angry radio hosts coming after me if the thing blows up or there are glitches the listeners hear! I'd have to grow a disguising mustache, change my name, and move to Guatemala!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2023 11:02 pm 

That's completely fair. I forget not everybody uses an instance set up at home to play around with when not managing something on-air. However, I fully recommend anybody familiarize themselves with the new GUI as soon as possible when off the clock (if that's a thing). This is so that when it does come out in an official release, you'll be reasonably well-versed in finding things, leading to a smoother transition on the air. The final design is still being hammered out, polished, and QOL-ified, and I can't guess when it'll be considered "gold," but it is sooo close now (IMO).

Also, folks get to play around with early things like the new tech that's eventually gonna become the new compressors and AGC, which just became available for MB1. Just check page 1 of the latest Beta thread in this News subforum.

tip: The operation modes have been done away with and almost everything is unhidden; just folded away or behind a button leading to a popup. You can quickly expand all cells and fill out the collapsed UI by pressing CTRL SHIFT +