All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 492 posts ]  Go to page Previous 139 40 41 42 4350 Next
PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2022 8:52 am 

And another one:

Since BETA 004 i notice regular buffer overflow - restarting sound cards messages. That never happened during the last years on my setup
(a combination of VAC and Voicemeeter on top of ASIO Hardware)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2022 4:22 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
And another one:

Since BETA 004 i notice regular buffer overflow - restarting sound cards messages. That never happened during the last years on my setup
Can you send me your full settings in a PM? The ones that you get if you do a SAVE -> EXPORT ALL, or just the .ini file.

This is exactly the thing that I hoped wouldn't happen... But replacing the I/O layer is pretty risky, which is why we waited until now to do it.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2022 5:27 pm 

Quote:
And another one:

I saw this in beta4 few times. Uppon start "M" will suddenly go to 2.0000 in first minute (overflow, output buffer full), audio starts chopping and then slowly come back to 1.0000 after 10 minutes (depend on relative adjust). But it seems i can't see this happening in beta5, will try more..

EDIT I just tested both beta4 and beta5 with 20ms buffersize and all other exact same settings. beta4 instantly goes into overflow, while beta5 works just fine.
This really now works and syncs with buffersize 0. Idk does that ONE chink adds real latency in audio, but it is nice now.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2022 9:10 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
Quote:
And another one:

I saw this in beta4 few times. Uppon start "M" will suddenly go to 2.0000 in first minute (overflow, output buffer full), audio starts chopping and then slowly come back to 1.0000 after 10 minutes (depend on relative adjust). But it seems i can't see this happening in beta5, will try more..

EDIT I just tested both beta4 and beta5 with 20ms buffersize and all other exact same settings. beta4 instantly goes into overflow, while beta5 works just fine.
This really now works and syncs with buffersize 0. Idk does that ONE chink adds real latency in audio, but it is nice now.
Yes, that one block does add some latency - but without it, it was failing 50% of the time, so that wasn't very useful.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2022 3:01 pm 

Quote:
Quote:
And another one:

Can you send me your full settings in a PM? The ones that you get if you do a SAVE -> EXPORT ALL, or just the .ini file.

This is exactly the thing that I hoped wouldn't happen... But replacing the I/O layer is pretty risky, which is why we waited until now to do it.
Now waiting for the effect to show again. To make sure it's ST I switched back to the 9.9x build which has overwritten the INI.
My STS has been changed on October 13rd, I'm tinkering with it without saving until I'm happy with the results and save the for future use.

Last time it needed a couple of hours to show. Will report back.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2022 3:45 am 

Now I can't find the wideband compressor meter.
Was it removed or is it my problem?

Best regards.-

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2022 8:09 am 

I must be going blind...

...so can someone put me out of my misery and tell me where the FM Bandpass filter setting page is now located. :D

I can see it referenced under the Bandpass area on the Meter Page but when clicked it only show the Audio Processing side. I assumed it would be under FM but cannot find it...

Running 10.02 BETA004 Stand Alone 64 Bit.

Thanks

Ross

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2022 2:28 pm 

Quote:
I must be going blind...

...so can someone put me out of my misery and tell me where the FM Bandpass filter setting page is now located. :D

I can see it referenced under the Bandpass area on the Meter Page but when clicked it only show the Audio Processing side. I assumed it would be under FM but cannot find it...

Running 10.02 BETA004 Stand Alone 64 Bit.

Thanks

Ross
FM Transmitter > Audio settings - Expand > Remove audio above

So funny..
Pre-emphasis is right there, but you need to expand for pilot, even there is space for it right there.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2022 5:17 pm 

Just a reminder, this thread is partially to help identify what settings need to be better surfaced. If you can make a list, it would probably be pretty helpful. I know there are some things I would like to see on the Processing Overview popover or having the same control in multiple places and I know others have more ideas. I can't see waiting until somebody has an issue and then being passive about it helping that much.

I'd like to see the Deep Bass Synthesis and the Speech Detection reduction sliders on the True Bass page.
Actually, it would probably be nice to have the sliders for all the pages that Speech Detection reduction affects: One each on the ND, AGC, A-EQ, B-EQ, TB, AGC, and BX pages like the old GUI.

After using the key combo to expand all cells on a page, would it be reasonable to auto-expand all cells that are hidden under a button popover on that page? For example, after expanding all FM Transmitter settings, then clicking on More BS412 settings, one has to press the key combo again to see the contents. (edit: Or if not possible to do this with popovers, would it be possible to do this with cells of deactivated items -- so when you enable them, they automatically expand if the key combo was used on that page?)

The meters overview page: can we get some more detailed titles on the effects since they expand upon mouse-over (for example Boost could be Stereo Boost)? Or would it be possible to have a different label from mouse-over (for example, the LLB label upon mouseover could show Low Level Boost; SBB showing Sub Bass Boost, etc)

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2022 10:54 pm 

Quote:

FM Transmitter > Audio settings - Expand > Remove audio above

So funny..
Pre-emphasis is right there, but you need to expand for pilot, even there is space for it right there.
Thanks Bojcha! Thought it had to be in the FM section. Sanity restored after a long work week! :D

Yes, I wonder when there is space available like Pilot and RDS why you would not show it outright rather than clicking it make it visible, especially if they are "core settings".

Ross

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 492 posts ]  Go to page Previous 139 40 41 42 4350 Next