All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 492 posts ]  Go to page Previous 127 28 29 30 3150 Next
PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2022 12:05 pm 

Quote:
I meant the thumb navigation buttons on the side of the mouse themselves.
Ah sure!
While I'm at it, I should also support F11 to go fullscreen.
Quote:
Will this be beta 061 when it uploads? Or is it already available?
Hans will have to run another build. It should be the beta after the one that currently in the main post.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2022 1:45 pm 
Site Admin

I'm uploading BETA061 now. It built overnight, so I think it contains all the fixes that Tom mentioned.

We are getting close to doing a a release build (which will for now still have the old GUI for Stereo Tool - version 9.92, the new GUI for ST-Enterprise - version 10.00). This release build will also include the new Raspberry Pi SD card image and PiMP and STudio. So if you see something weird in BETA061, please report it!

Edit: I made a booboo :( . I forgot to update Toms latest user interface code, so this latest build partially uses slightly older code. Will post a new version asap, tonight.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2022 2:03 pm 

edit:
Quote:
Could you tell Dmitry that their plugin window somehow doesn't care about WM_PAINT messages being sent to the child with RDW_INTERNALPAINT?
It's probably missing some window or class style (maybe CS_PARENTDC? I'm not that familiar with styles for parent windows)
I started a topic about the new GUI beta with this information.
Quote:
Could we get a keyboard shortcut to restart the soundcards as well since F11 for fullscreen is intended to be implemented? F12? Ctrl+F5?
Quote:
We are getting close to doing a a release build (which will for now still have the old GUI for Stereo Tool - version 9.92, the new GUI for ST-Enterprise - version 10.00).

Edit: I made a booboo :( . I forgot to update Toms latest user interface code, so this latest build partially uses older code. So I have no idea now what is fixed and what isn't.
No worry, surprises are "fun."

So, the issue I was having earlier about the buffer resetting with noise does not happen in ST Enterprise. However, the FM Output doesn't want to reset after the first time, and I constantly have to manually Restart sound cards to synchronize audio. I also think if it were to reset, it would happen so often that it would annoy me. How about a minimum time in-between buffer resets? Perhaps in the format of a slider of showing [XXXXX seconds (YY hours)] up to 24?

Should I send my ini?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2022 3:17 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
edit:
Quote:
Could you tell Dmitry that their plugin window somehow doesn't care about WM_PAINT messages being sent to the child with RDW_INTERNALPAINT?
It's probably missing some window or class style (maybe CS_PARENTDC? I'm not that familiar with styles for parent windows)
Quote:
Could we get a keyboard shortcut to restart the soundcards as well since F11 for fullscreen is intended to be implemented? F12? Ctrl+F5?
Quote:
We are getting close to doing a a release build (which will for now still have the old GUI for Stereo Tool - version 9.92, the new GUI for ST-Enterprise - version 10.00).

Edit: I made a booboo :( . I forgot to update Toms latest user interface code, so this latest build partially uses older code. So I have no idea now what is fixed and what isn't.
No worry, surprises are "fun."

So, the issue I was having earlier about the buffer resetting with noise does not happen in ST Enterprise. However, the FM Output doesn't want to reset after the first time, and I constantly have to manually Restart sound cards to synchronize audio. I also think if it were to reset, it would happen so often that it would annoy me. How about a minimum time in-between buffer resets? Perhaps in the format of a slider of showing [XXXXX seconds (YY hours)] up to 24?

Should I send my ini?
If things are running normally, the buffers should *never* reset and never need to reset. So, what causes you to have to restart the sound cards to sync? Are you combining different sound cards? That should still work, but resampling needs to be enabled (it is by default, but you may have turned it off?).

Yes, please PM me your .ini file, and tell me what happens exactly. How often does the buffer run out? If the speed of some sound card is more than 0.5% off, we can't compensate for it anymore (we could, but it would cause audible speed and pitch changes - that's why we don't). But every somewhat decent sound card that I have ever tested has less than 0.01% offset.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2022 5:11 pm 

Quote:
Quote:
Not sure when this started happening, but the Meter Bar in the Mobile WebGUI in Chrome on Android 13 freezes when enabling the oscilloscopes.
There has been a major overhaul of the webserver and -client since you posted this. Is it still frozen?
No, now it's full of bars that are much wider than the width of my phone (portrait mode) and just scrunch together further when the scopes are expanded. But it does animate.
Attachment:
Screenshot_20220929-100839.png
Screenshot_20220929-100839.png [ 121.62 KiB | Viewed 1097 times ]
Sorry for the massive embed.

edit: on a PC, the web scopes shrink when the window is resized, but they never expand. Not even after closing the scopes and reopening them. It takes a refresh. Should closing and reopening the scopes redraw the size?

edit2: MB2 meters appear when MB1 is enabled.

Last edited by MrKlorox on Thu Sep 29, 2022 5:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2022 5:19 pm 

That thing still does not shorten text when there is no place.. in old gui too.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2022 5:25 pm 
Site Admin

Oh, it does appear to show separate scrollbars per block in the top bar, instead of a single scrollbar to scroll through all the meters. But that's unrelated to this change, so it does appear that the rewrite accidentally fixed your problem.
Quote:
edit2: MB2 meters appear when MB1 is enabled.
Ah yes, I broke that when we were at the IBC and the MB2 meters for PiMP didn't show up. Will fix it!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2022 5:28 pm 

Okay, something is weird. The AGC doesn't seem to be detecting input level changes when I adjust the pre-amp until I go into it and touch the target level (edit oops). Then it adjusts. Sub Bass Boost freezes if you adjust its threshold until you difference it.

edit: oops i meant Target Level, not Threshold at first.

edit2: Yeah, it's happening when I load this preset and turn up the pre-amp. I'll send it over.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2022 11:52 am 

Quote:
Quote:
Here's the thread and Dmitry's response: https://www.djsoft.net/community/thread ... lity.9085/
Quote:
Thank you for the info. I see this StereoTool is currently in beta. We'll wait until it's released and after that, if the problem still exists, something will be done about it.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2022 3:49 pm 

Quote:
I also got around to supporting live resizing in the hosts I've tested, but I know it broke things in other hosts...
VST is a veritable sh*tstorm for developers.
This works excellently now in Reaper. Will run more tests in other hosts.
edit2: In OBS, the 64bit vst2 fills up both monitors when it opens. If I didn't have a key combo in my app for multimonitor window management (DisplayFusion, do check it out) I wouldn't be able to fix it. I have to press the "move window to next monitor" combo for it to resize back to a normal-sized Window. I bet this has to do with DPI scaling. Primary 4k @200% DPI, secondary 1080p @100% DPI, totaling to a 3x width of 1080p: meaning it is 5760x2160 pixels.
Quote:
I can't really test the DSP version, but the issue is fixed for VST.
I had to force the parent window to redraw as well as the plugin (which runs in its own child-window).
That probably doesn't fix DSP though. Could you let me know?
The DSP version in RadioBOSS doesn't update/redraw automatically. You have to adjust the UI window to see anything change. However no more blank white Window, so that's good. Will test other apps too.

edit: excellent in foobar with the Winamp bridge.

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 492 posts ]  Go to page Previous 127 28 29 30 3150 Next