All times are UTC+02:00

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 492 posts ]  Go to page Previous 143 44 45 46 4750 Next
PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2022 2:38 am 

They are not visible at first, when i click the icon in the red circle the error appears

Attachments:
Stereotool error 2.png
Stereotool error 2.png [ 47.36 KiB | Viewed 2522 times ]

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2022 3:13 am 
Site Admin

Quote:
They are not visible at first, when i click the icon in the red circle the error appears
Ah! Yes, confirmed, now I'm seeing it too. But it only happens with the old GUI version and the new web interface; that was kinda important information :)

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2022 3:22 am 

Quote:
Quote:
Ah! Yes, confirmed, now I'm seeing it too. But it only happens with the old GUI version and the new web interface; that was kinda important information :)
just uninstalled the beta version and downloaded beta 21, suddenly i see the new interface in the standalone version, didnt see it before ( think i installed the beta's from 004 )
now with the new GUI the problem is gone in the Web interface.

So problem solved for me, thanks Hans.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2022 2:59 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
just uninstalled the beta version and downloaded beta 21, suddenly i see the new interface in the standalone version, didnt see it before ( think i installed the beta's from 004 )
now with the new GUI the problem is gone in the Web interface.

So problem solved for me, thanks Hans.
I also found the issue, it was one of the memory reduction things that we did recently. So it will be solved in the next build.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2022 5:49 am 

Not sure if it's just me, but the new GUI is a memory hog when compared to the old version.
I installed this new one and it used over 550 MB of RAM, when the old GUI version (installed a few minutes later with same settings) used just over 250.

For that reason I wouldn't phase out the old GUI, not until the new one uses the low amount of RAM too.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2022 6:21 am 

Quote:
Not sure if it's just me, but the new GUI is a memory hog when compared to the old version.
I installed this new one and it used over 550 MB of RAM, when the old GUI version (installed a few minutes later with same settings) used just over 250.

For that reason I wouldn't phase out the old GUI, not until the new one uses the low amount of RAM too.
Strange. I'm clocking 161MB in 025 with my preset and the new GUI after running for 3 or so days and tons of tweaking. And after running Cleanmem, it's down to 69 until I open the GUI and change pages.

edit: Make sure you are using the latest beta number (same as posted in the 10.01 thread) as this main post doesn't get updated every time. I believe it's 26 and not 21 right now.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2022 1:39 am 
Site Admin

Quote:

The new GUI indeed uses quite a bit more memory than the old GUI. The normal Stereo Tool memory usage is reduced a bit recently, but in total it's still more than it used to be. I'm seeing 287 MB for the old GUI vs 462 for the new with the same settings. But version 9.92 used 455 MB with the old GUI. For the Winamp plugin I see 368 MB for 9.92 vs 510 now. The Winamp plugin should be using less so that's a bit strange - will try to figure out what's going on.

While I would love to get the memory usage down, I wouldn't really expect these numbers to be causing issues. What are you running into?

(Edit: Indeed, use version 10.02-028 that I just posted; earlier versions used more memory).

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2022 2:29 am 

Quote:
BIG (risky!) rewrite of how different plugins access their host information.
Interesting. Sadly it's still completely unusable in OBS after closing and reopening the GUI. It's still scaled up waaay too large on the second opening of the GUI, and it recursively gets larger every time.

Secondly, go to bed! It's friggin Xmas eve! Santa's gonna be pissed...

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2022 8:48 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
Quote:
BIG (risky!) rewrite of how different plugins access their host information.
Interesting. Sadly it's still completely unusable in OBS after closing and reopening the GUI. It's still scaled up waaay too large on the second opening of the GUI, and it recursively gets larger every time.

Secondly, go to bed! It's friggin Xmas eve! Santa's gonna be pissed...
That's a new one to me (the GUI getting bigger) - we'll look into that. Next year :)

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2022 3:00 pm 

Quote:
While I would love to get the memory usage down, I wouldn't really expect these numbers to be causing issues. What are you running into?

(Edit: Indeed, use version 10.02-028 that I just posted; earlier versions used more memory).
I'm not running into problems. I'll try the latest beta though, was using an earlier version from the beginning of this thread.

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 492 posts ]  Go to page Previous 143 44 45 46 4750 Next