All times are UTC+02:00

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 492 posts ]  Go to page Previous 113 14 15 16 1750 Next
PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2022 9:58 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
Quote:
I also get this message when I want to remove ST
That looks like it's still running but not showing a GUI. You should be able to kill it from Task Manager. Before you do anything, can you make a copy of your .ini file and send it to me?
It's probably called C:\Users\username\stereo_tool.ini .

Also, did it work with the previous beta? Because then we know something must have broken in between.
Thanks for the file, found it and fixed it. It was a single missing character... I'll run a new build now.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2022 12:31 am 
Site Admin

Quote:
beta003 also disables Reset, load, and Save in Old GUI, i can't fix this now!
Apparently this has been broken since version 9.82! When on startup no valid page is selected, the whole menu wasn't loaded anymore. This does not normally occur in the stand alone versions, but in the VST version where the page is stored by the VST host it always reproduced. Going to a different page should fix it. I have fixed it (it won't be in BETA009 yet, but it will be in BETA010).

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2022 12:44 am 
Site Admin

BETA009 is available now. Please avoid BETA008 since in some cases it wouldn't show any window at all (even though the software was running).

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2022 3:58 am 

Did behavior change when clicking into the window when unfocused? I could have sworn I could Bypass by clicking the button directly while a different window was in focus. Now I have to click the Stereo Tool window to focus it before any of the functions would work, even bypass. Is this something that can be changed?

Secondly, I'm able to use my FM Output at 48khz (not 192khz) as long as I don't enable an FM Transmitter. Is this intended? If not, please include this capability in all versions. I'm seeing Linux users struggle with this.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2022 5:07 am 

Quote:
Did behavior change when clicking into the window when unfocused? I could have sworn I could Bypass by clicking the button directly while a different window was in focus. Now I have to click the Stereo Tool window to focus it before any of the functions would work, even bypass. Is this something that can be changed?

Secondly, I'm able to use my FM Output at 48khz (not 192khz) as long as I don't enable an FM Transmitter. Is this intended? If not, please include this capability in all versions. I'm seeing Linux users struggle with this.
"About" is working but "Bypass" not.
Anyway, no zoom problems, no strange old gui after new gui..
Still all this looks so unaccessible to me. I am waisting minutes to find something i want, and sometimes i cant even find it, where in old i need second or less. For example so huge gui but no buffer bars instant accessible, all this big space but no place for one small cpu usage meter or small numerical display, or even UpTime counter (i know there is one in about section). I guess phase rotator, azimuth, declipper and... are planned to be at "home", or not?
I am also not fan AT ALL of this "saved value" and "factory default" things on sliders. it is SO annoying when i want to just move slider with mouse. i always miss that spot where I can actually move slider. It was so simple and effective with just left click - slider moving, right and middle click for saved and factory values and nothing else. This blue/pink lines are fine.

Check this, i'm on "home", ok, my meters are decently ok size, then i click Clipper bar.. oh.. my bars are so tiny now, also there is scope from somewhere now, and there is phase rotator display now too, I mean, what? Where ND gone?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2022 10:53 am 
Site Admin

Quote:
Yes, this was unintentional, we'll look into this next week.
Quote:
Still all this looks so unaccessible to me. I am waisting minutes to find something i want, and sometimes i cant even find it, where in old i need second or less. For example so huge gui but no buffer bars instant accessible, all this big space but no place for one small cpu usage meter or small numerical display, or even UpTime counter (i know there is one in about section).
So, is everything you can't find meter related?

If not, if you're looking for settings that you can't find, please tell us which setting and where you expected to find it. There are thousands of settings in total, the old GUI basically showed all of them and you can probably find things immediately because you know where they are. But if you can't find something, then we might just have put it in the wrong place - we tried to put everything in a "logcal" place but with thousands of settings we've probably misplaced some of them. Also, we had to "guess" which settings people are likely to want to be able to access, so it's definitely possible that we've put something away very deep that lots of people use all the time. (Or vice versa, that something is visible even without opening anything that nobody uses). We need detailed feedback to change that!
Quote:
I am also not fan AT ALL of this "saved value" and "factory default" things on sliders. it is SO annoying when i want to just move slider with mouse. i always miss that spot where I can actually move slider. It was so simple and effective with just left click - slider moving, right and middle click for saved and factory values and nothing else. This blue/pink lines are fine.
This is not how it will be once everything is ready. The current idea is to have a right-click menu (which also includes things like a description of what a setting does, like the help popups in the old GUI). Having said that, I don't think we have any use planned for for the center button, so that might be available for fast resets. (?)
Quote:
Check this, i'm on "home", ok, my meters are decently ok size, then i click Clipper bar.. oh.. my bars are so tiny now, also there is scope from somewhere now, and there is phase rotator display now too, I mean, what? Where ND gone?
ND might need to part of that as well (actually it IS there but minimized, which means that we had doubts about putting it there or not)... basicallly on every page you're seeing that things that are important for it. Phase Rotator is clearly important for the clipper, since NOT having it on can cause quite bad distortion in some cases. Since ND is even before the AGC as hence shouldn't really have an effect on the level going into the clipper anymore we've minimized it, but if you use it heavily I can imagine that it's important as well for the clipper.

By tiny, do you just mean in height? The GUI tries to fit everything on screen if it can (which it can't in the Advanced Clipper page).

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2022 5:50 pm 

Hi, a little bug, when insert a valid license key in the ST 9.92 beta 009 and ST accept, the name write on the left top of ST window is trunked.
Thanks

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2022 11:40 pm 

Quote:
By tiny, do you just mean in height? The GUI tries to fit everything on screen if it can (which it can't in the Advanced Clipper page).
I've also noticed some height inconsistencies in the meter bar. It appears to prioritize the height of the actual content, which I suppose makes sense.

Perhaps it would be handy to include a checkbox in the graphical settings for "meter bar consistency" which keeps the meter bar the same height on all pages where it's displayed? Or call it "prioritize meter bar" maybe.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2022 1:48 am 

When using the mouse scroll wheel to change the value, it rounds the number before changing the value to the next increment.

Meaning if I set the Quick-Adjust Loudness to -1.90, and I want to make it say -2.00, I should be able to scroll down one notch and land on -2.00 since that's the next lower increment on the mouse wheel.
However, the way it actually behaves when I have -1.90 and scroll down one increment, it lands on -2.50 instead.

I suspect this is because it possibly internally rounds -1.90 to -2.00 before applying the next increment.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2022 8:50 am 

Quote:
I've also noticed some height inconsistencies in the meter bar. It appears to prioritize the height of the actual content, which I suppose makes sense.

Perhaps it would be handy to include a checkbox in the graphical settings for "meter bar consistency" which keeps the meter bar the same height on all pages where it's displayed? Or call it "prioritize meter bar" maybe.
The whole "just add a setting" thing is what we're trying to resolve. I'll add a todo for now: we need to take a closer look at the meter bar and what role we want to give it exactly.
Quote:
However, the way it actually behaves when I have -1.90 and scroll down one increment, it lands on -2.50 instead.
Fixed in next beta

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 492 posts ]  Go to page Previous 113 14 15 16 1750 Next