All times are UTC+02:00

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 492 posts ]  Go to page Previous 136 37 38 39 4050 Next
PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2022 1:12 am 

Quote:
Also, keep in mind that many users don't maximize ST or have a small monitor.
That is very fair. I only keep Stereo Tool maximized because the old GUI needs it to be maximized to even use it.
Plus I like to use things maximized and it becomes undesirable to maximize ST.

I am really only worried about not being able to find a setting again because it is under a tab and I didn't notice to check under the tab. Idk if making a key bind to open all tabs would help?

I mean really that flaw is the only issue with this GUI. It looks really great in my opinion. I gotta say I love the preset selection. So much better than the old one!!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2022 8:13 am 

Quote:
Idk if making a key bind to open all tabs would help?
Oh my dear god, why didn't I think of that?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2022 10:50 am 

Quote:
Quote:
Idk if making a key bind to open all tabs would help?
Oh my dear god, why didn't I think of that?
I think this is what I meant earlier by including a button or something to expand all cells. I must not have used the correct verbiage. But yeah I definitely think a function to densify the window and fill it out with settings is something the old-school users would appreciate.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2022 11:32 am 

Quote:
I think this is what I meant earlier by including a button or something to expand all cells. I must not have used the correct verbiage. But yeah I definitely think a function to densify the window and fill it out with settings is something the old-school users would appreciate.
An extra button is extra visual clutter, that's exactly what we're trying to prevent.

A hotkey falls squarely into the "or something" category, and I just didn't think of it. A keybind (it'll be ctrl+shift+'+' and ctrl+shift+'-' and I've already implemented it :lol: ) is perfect for this.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2022 11:42 am 

Quote:
An extra button is extra visual clutter, that's exactly what we're trying to prevent.
Ah, that's where I got confused. I thought you were telling me the expansion of cells would be the visual clutter you were not fond of. To me, a button can mean on-screen or input-device based, so that's why I never explicitly said hotkey.

Words! They mean things, it turns out, lol.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2022 12:23 pm 

Quote:
That is very fair. I only keep Stereo Tool maximized because the old GUI needs it to be maximized to even use it.
Plus I like to use things maximized and it becomes undesirable to maximize ST.
I think this is what the 'size' and 'compactness' sliders are there to alleviate (Application Settings). I used to like things maximized, then I started using hotkeys to scale windows. I keep a zoom of 75% and a compactness of 25% in a window scaled to 75% of my monitor. So it's essentially like fullscreen without taking up the entire viewport -- I'm always juggling windows. Though if I had a tertiary touch screen, I'd probably keep ST in it at all times.

But lately, I've been keeping it tall and half-width, so I can fit another instance for my mic if need be.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2022 8:49 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
I keep a zoom of 75% and a compactness of 25% in a window scaled to 75% of my monitor.
Ah, that in combination with Control/Shift/+ looks really nice on a small screen. (In the horizontally scrolling bar in the multiband, that opens *all* the advanced pages at once). I'll run a new build tonight, I think you're going to like this!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2022 3:03 am 

Quote:
I'm always juggling windows. Though if I had a tertiary touch screen, I'd probably keep ST in it at all times.
Oh my gosh, same. I also juggle windows from my main monitor to the second monitor. It gets pretty annoying after a while.
I will try the 'size' and 'compactness' sliders

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2022 3:27 am 

What we do without numerical keybord? (ctrl+shift+'+') Also i like how arrow up is down and down is up for sliders.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2022 9:57 am 
Site Admin

Quote:
What we do without numerical keybord? (ctrl+shift+'+')
You can use the + and - on the normal keyboard.
Quote:
Also i like how arrow up is down and down is up for sliders.
Oh. I had not seen that. That doesn't make sense...

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 492 posts ]  Go to page Previous 136 37 38 39 4050 Next