All times are UTC+02:00

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 492 posts ]  Go to page Previous 122 23 24 25 2650 Next
PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2022 10:52 am 

Quote:
Ah! Now I managed to reproduce it. You need to hold Control AND hold the mouse for more than one second to get into this state. We'll look into this, it's probably some state issue (there are 2 things that each cause the slider to go to precise mode). Aside from this, I see that the color of the slider doesn't always match the behavior. So something is clearly wrong.
Has this been fixed? You can no longer enter the purple mode when holding control first. However you can still hold control and adjust it when it's purple, and the cursor still won't come back afterward.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2022 10:46 am 
Site Admin

Quote:
Quote:
Ah! Now I managed to reproduce it. You need to hold Control AND hold the mouse for more than one second to get into this state. We'll look into this, it's probably some state issue (there are 2 things that each cause the slider to go to precise mode). Aside from this, I see that the color of the slider doesn't always match the behavior. So something is clearly wrong.
Has this been fixed? You can no longer enter the purple mode when holding control first. However you can still hold control and adjust it when it's purple, and the cursor still won't come back afterward.
No, we still need to look into all these issues.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2022 2:44 pm 

Beta 44 VST2 32

Similar issue in Reaper (6.66) as before: resizing the Window by dragging the corner sometimes results in a white VST Window after closing and reopening it.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2022 9:16 am 

Quote:
Can we have the GPS Status text NMEA info displayed in the same brightness once we get the green OK tick?
Will be in the next version

Quote:
It would be nice to be able to tell visually if it's right clickable for more info.
How would you imagine this? It can't be the mouse cursor (e.g. sliders already change it) and I'm hesitant to add any visual clutter...

Also note that everything (except incredibly clear things like the "Fullscreen" button) should have a help text. Many are simply missing.

Quote:
The window sizing slider bars don't seem to work in [...] VST
As Hans noted, client size is a royal pain in VST. The old GUI did resize automatically in some very specific cases, but that turned out to be more a bug than a feature and could potentially cause problems for some VST hosts.
We decided on a very conservative approach with the current implementation using sliders. If we can't get them to reliably work "live", we'll add some feedback to the user that the plugin has to be restarted.
(I've opened an issue in our internal tracker but it's a low priority one since I can't easily test VST myself)

Quote:
Holding ctrl then holding the left mouse button on a slider makes the cursor disappear until the next app restart. Win10 x64 b35 and STE b40.
Apparently Windows keeps a "mouse is hidden" counter rather than a state, which I did not anticipate. Fixed in next build.

Quote:
Would it be reasonable/possible to enable the input levels meter and scope as well as ITU if Hide CPU heavy monitoring is OFF while BYPASS is enabled? Sometimes I want to look at some basic info without actually applying any processing.
Yeah, good one. Working on it right now.

Quote:
Would it be possible to get more flexible behavior for the scopes to fill out the blank spaces on the sides of the meter bar?
Good idea, but that's a little less trivial than I'd like. The space is divided into ratios (e.g.: a waveform scope is 20 times the size of a meter)
This is all done to prevent meters from getting way too "fat" and scopes from getting too skinny.
It might be too restrictive for waveforms though... will look into it.

Quote:
Secondly, on the I/O page, sometimes a half-width cell will become a full-width cell. Like when disabling the FM Output and then Reenabling it.
I have noticed this before and have no idea what causes it. At all. I'll have a look.

Quote:
Another rounding bug when scrolling a single tick: FM Output: set Auto-Restart on Buffer Issues to 1%, scroll the mouse wheel down, the percentage is now 5 instead of zero.
Fixed in next build.

Quote:
When right-clicking a slider on a pop-over and choosing a selection that goes outside of the pop-over boundaries, it closes the pop-over while applying the selection.
Fixed in next build.

Quote:
[VST (Reaper)] resizing the Window by dragging the corner sometimes results in a white VST Window after closing and reopening it.
We'll look into it.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2022 1:29 pm 

Quote:
Secondly, on the I/O page, sometimes a half-width cell will become a full-width cell. Like when disabling the FM Output and then Reenabling it.
Got it. Fix will be included in the next build.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2022 4:00 pm 

Quote:
Quote:
It would be nice to be able to tell visually if it's right clickable for more info.
How would you imagine this? It can't be the mouse cursor (e.g. sliders already change it) and I'm hesitant to add any visual clutter...

Also note that everything (except incredibly clear things like the "Fullscreen" button) should have a help text. Many are simply missing.
I see. In that case, it probably doesn't need to be signified if practically everything will have help text. Regardless, I was imagining a slight difference in gradient or something subtle like that. At the ugliest, maybe a tiny question mark at the smallest font size in the upper corner or something.

Hmm. Basically, I'm thinking people won't know to right-click for help without a signal. The old GUI had the information pop up automatically on mouse over, so there was no missing the text. Would it be reasonable to add like a help 'mode' (a button to change the cursor to a question mark icon pointer) that would then display a text popup on any mouse-over that has text you would normally have to right-click to see? Just something to signify, "this is for understanding what stuff does."

edit: And of course, the functionality would change back from this mode as soon as a click was made. Does this work around the mouse cursor changing aspect if it's a separate state/mode?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2022 1:25 pm 
Site Admin

BETA050 with all the mentioned fixes is available in the first post!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2022 5:43 pm 

Liking the fixes and oscilloscopes in BYPASS mode. But I have a couple of notes.

While bypassed, there are some red artifacts in the input scope that don't appear to be related to clipping detection. However it's only while the Declipper is enabled.

Would it be possible to change the color of the scopes from cyan to light grey while the bypass is ON? This way it's more obvious it's bypassed proper while still showing clear feedback.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2022 1:31 am 

Quote:
Quote:
[VST (Reaper)] resizing the Window by dragging the corner sometimes results in a white VST Window after closing and reopening it.
We'll look into it.
This is also happening in OBS x64, slightly differently. OBS respects monitor DPI scaling, unlike Reaper (from what I can find) however the window is a massive 4x fullscreen (even at 4k) with only the upper-left quadrant being populated with data. Closing then reopening the VST Window after adjusting the scale or whatever results in only white across the entire massive window.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2022 7:03 am 
Site Admin

Uploading BETA053. Biggest change: The native interface now supports the NEW preset mechanism.

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 492 posts ]  Go to page Previous 122 23 24 25 2650 Next