All times are UTC+02:00

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 492 posts ]  Go to page Previous 130 31 32 33 3450 Next
PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2022 1:08 pm 

:D How do you do it? I mean how do you turn that alt text off and on? Maybe I missed that keyboard shortcut. However, in this version, when I access the old web interface with word/ts, changing the preset does not work. However, things work in the new web interface that did not work in the old one, and that is that you can now configure the plugin, such as adjusting Natural Dynamics. Now you can see that the controller can be configured. In the text field, you can indicate db, which we did not have in the old web interface. However, the main thing that does not work is changing the preset. If this works with alt text on and off then just explain how you do it?
Quote:
Hey Hans I just wanted to say thanks for adding alt text/labels to the on/off buttons in the new web interface! It helps me out when using the screen reader for the blind.

One thing though, I tried the latest beta and I'm unable to use the processing overview section in the web interface as well as the preset selector with the screen reader. I tried the old web interface (/st at the end of the URL) and wasn't able to change presets also.
Are presets disabled for now?

One other thing, in certain presets such as "Jeroen Platenkamp - Centurion" the density and attack/release speed controls don't really seem to do anything, at least not to my ears (I can't see the meter but can adjust settings with the screen reader.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2022 6:27 pm 

DSP Beta 063 is more responsive in RadioBOSS, but still doesn't update automatically. Before, it would take a few attempts to get it to update visually, but now it's instantaneous as long as you click the titlebar to make it update. Progressing along.

Too bad the dev doesn't seem too keen to consider updating RadioBOSS until this exits beta.

edit: Ignore that last point. He updated the thread saying he'll see what can be done.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2022 8:52 pm 

Just to confirm that presets cannot be selected with screen readers in the old web interface.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2022 9:37 pm 

Alt text is text which is added to the HTML code of images, sort of like hidden descriptions. It's used by screen readers as well as other things.

As for presets, I could not change them at all in the new web interface either. But maybe that part's not useable with a screen reader yet.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2022 1:42 am 

:D It does not work in this beta version in both the new and the old web interface to change the preset with screen readers. Please Hans and Tom correct this at least in the old web interface if it is not possible to correct it in the new web interface.
Quote:
Alt text is text which is added to the HTML code of images, sort of like hidden descriptions. It's used by screen readers as well as other things.

As for presets, I could not change them at all in the new web interface either. But maybe that part's not useable with a screen reader yet.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2022 8:48 am 

Quote:
Quote:
In OBS, the 64bit vst2 fills up both monitors when it opens.
I bet this has to do with DPI scaling. Primary 4k @200% DPI, secondary 1080p @100% DPI, totaling to a 3x width of 1080p: meaning it is 5760x2160 pixels.
Yeah so display scaling is a big problem: we can't reliably/uniformly implement this across all VST hosts.
Regardless, I'll have a look at what OBS (and Reaper for that matter) do in terms of DPI awareness.
- I added a field that displays the DPI that StereoTool thinks it is running at
- OBS seems to be DPI-aware now. I had to hack it in, so window dimensions might be a bit flaky
- Reaper still requires you to reopen the FX window, as even with the HiDPI setting on multi-monitor, that window isn't DPI away

VST window management turned out to be a lot of work to get right.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2022 8:54 am 

I would like to address everyone's concerns about any web interface, preset selection and screen reader support, so that this thread doesn't get flooded with feedback about that:

• The old web interface will get phased out in newer versions of Stereo Tool. Please refrain from giving feedback about it here
  • Some features in the new web interface lack proper support for screen readers. We will (try to) address any issues brought up so far
  • In particular the new preset picker is not compatible with screen readers. We know and we'll do our best to support it
  • The new preset picker will get a major overhaul, both in the web interface and the stand-alone GUI
  • Screen reader support and keyboard navigation for the stand-alone GUI are on our list

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2022 8:57 am 
Site Admin

Quote:
:D It does not work in this beta version in both the new and the old web interface to change the preset with screen readers. Please Hans and Tom correct this at least in the old web interface if it is not possible to correct it in the new web interface.
I've just tested the old web interface and I can change between presets and between preset categories in it. The only thing that was changed is the communication with the server, which cannot influence any screen reader behavior. So there should be no difference compared to before the old web interface broke.....

For the new web interface: Since the preset section is going to get a redesign it doesn't make sense to try to fix this now.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2022 1:31 pm 

Quote:
- I added a field that displays the DPI that StereoTool thinks it is running at
- OBS seems to be DPI-aware now. I had to hack it in, so window dimensions might be a bit flaky
- Reaper still requires you to reopen the FX window, as even with the HiDPI setting on multi-monitor, that window isn't DPI aware

VST window management turned out to be a lot of work to get right.
Cool, checking out 064 now. Does this version have these updates? If so, where would I find the DPI field? Not seeing it in Application Settings > Graphical Settings or Resource Usage > Graphical User Interface.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2022 2:01 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
Cool, checking out 064 now. Does this version have these updates? If so, where would I find the DPI field? Not seeing it in Application Settings > Graphical Settings or Resource Usage > Graphical User Interface.
This is not yet available in this build.

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 492 posts ]  Go to page Previous 130 31 32 33 3450 Next