All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 492 posts ]  Go to page Previous 137 38 39 40 4150 Next
PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2022 3:24 pm 

Quote:
You can use the + and - on the normal keyboard.
Then it does not work here, or i don't understand what it should do. nvm.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2022 6:12 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
Quote:
You can use the + and - on the normal keyboard.
Then it does not work here, or i don't understand what it should do. nvm.
It's coming in the next build! Which is almost finished now.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2022 7:47 pm 
Site Admin

10.01 BETA002 is available in the opening post!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2022 8:46 pm 

Quote:
You can use Control/Alt/+ and Control/Alt/- to open or close all the available items (on the top bar or main section, depending on where you clicked last)
This is a GREAT feature! It should be noted that on Windows it is indeed the CTRL key, and the + or - in the numbers bar above the alphabet (not the keypad). I think at this point it would be a good idea to include a popover in the Application Settings (or somewhere) with a list of key commands, along with a reminder that CTRL/SHIFT affect the precision.

I think the tray icon levels definitely seem more readable without the outline of the exclamation mark. However, I still think placing it to the left and giving it a thin (50% alpha or so, if that's possible in the icon renderer) outline would make the meters read best while keeping it very clear that it's using unregistered settings.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2022 9:48 pm 

Hm, not certain what all is required for this to happen, but the Equalizer levels and frequency cross-section continues to display after navigating away with the forward/back keyboard/mouse buttons if hovering over it. I did expand the resulting page with the crtl+ keys (though not the Equalizer page), but I don't know if that matters.

Attachments:
Screenshot 2022-11-13 144421.png
Screenshot 2022-11-13 144421.png [ 70.94 KiB | Viewed 1245 times ]

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2022 6:18 am 

Hi:
Where is the MPX Output Meter in the new GUI?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2022 9:26 am 

Quote:
What we do without numerical keybord? (ctrl+shift+'+')
I don't have a numerical keyboard, I meant the '-' and '+' next to the 0, right under the function keys.
This key combination is used in some other applications as well, I (wrongly) assumed that it would be a logical one.

I didn't think of the numerical '+' and '-', they don't even work :|
I'll add them in the next build.

Quote:
Also i like how arrow up is down and down is up for sliders.
That's a foolish mistake on my end. Will be fixed next build.

Quote:
Hm, not certain what all is required for this to happen, but the Equalizer levels and frequency cross-section continues to display after navigating away with the forward/back keyboard/mouse buttons if hovering over it.
I'll find out what makes this happen, and make sure that it doesn't anymore :lol:

Quote:
It should be present in the meter bar when on the FM transmitter page.
It will be included on the meter overview page when that is done.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2022 12:18 am 

Quote:
Quote:
It should be present in the meter bar when on the FM transmitter page.
It will be included on the meter overview page when that is done.
Thank you very much t.j.evers for the quick answer. The composite signal (MPX output) meter is necessary, because for many of us it is the main reference to correctly feed the transmitter. Best regards.-

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2022 5:50 am 

The following notes are for the Standalone version after a fresh install...

First, I noticed the mouse-over help/explanation for each setting does not pop up. An explanation of the settings box should pop up on each setting when moused over for a second by default, yes? EDIT: Ahh, I see, you have to right-click and click "What's This?" This actually makes better sense - Bravo! I also love the option to Type a value. Very handy! I did notice some options do not have a "What's This?" button, such as "Asymptotic mode deform factor (strictness)" on the Bass Clipper. I can list any settings that do not have an explanation if that's helpful.

Quality on DeClipper currently doesn't go past 98%, should go to 100% yes?
Azimuth correction is on by default on a fresh install. Is this intentional?
Bandpass is on by default on a fresh install. Is this intentional?
Immersive Bass is on by default on a fresh install. Is this intentional?
True Bass is on by default on a fresh install. Is this intentional?

Natural Dynamics section - Click Band Interactions - Change from Off to On - Now there's no way to turn Band Coupling back off unless hitting the tiny gray corner, it could be a bit better labeled or something... Also, when clicking Band Coupling to On, the Band Coupling percentage value is set based on where the mouse pointer was clicked on the "Band coupling off" button.

Auto EQ is on by default on a fresh install. Is this intentional?
AGC is on by default on a fresh install. Is this intentional?
Multiband Compressor 1 is on by default on a fresh install. Is this intentional?
Multiband Compressor 2 is on by default on a fresh install. Is this intentional?
Bass Clipper is on by default on a fresh install. Is this intentional?
Simple Clipper is on by default on a fresh install. Is this intentional?

I also noticed the Presets are very well laid out - it might be nice to have the ability to have a description of what the Processing Setting does or is used for - maybe another right click and a "What's This"?

Other than that, everything looks Awesome! WAY clearer interface, IMHO

Also, is it time to add the ability for a greater processing latency such as 8192 samples for (theoretically) higher levels of quality? I could see this being especially valuable for the VST versions...

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2022 11:31 am 
Site Admin

Quote:
First, I noticed the mouse-over help/explanation for each setting does not pop up. An explanation of the settings box should pop up on each setting when moused over for a second by default, yes? EDIT: Ahh, I see, you have to right-click and click "What's This?" This actually makes better sense - Bravo! I also love the option to Type a value. Very handy! I did notice some options do not have a "What's This?" button, such as "Asymptotic mode deform factor (strictness)" on the Bass Clipper. I can list any settings that do not have an explanation if that's helpful.
We don't have a description for all the settings yet. No need to make a list, we can see which are missing, and we just need to spend some time on fixing that.
Quote:
Quality on DeClipper currently doesn't go past 98%, should go to 100% yes?
No, 100% would cause infinite CPU usage, and 99% is twice as high as 98%. Which is why 98% is the maximum. (I realize now that that might not be the best possible way to visualize things).
Quote:
... is on by default on a fresh install. Is this intentional?
On startup, a preset is loaded. We kinda have to do that because there's not really a good "default" for everything.
We could of course just load that preset for its default settings and then turn everything off, not sure if that would be better though.

If you make a preset, I would always recommend starting from an existing preset.
Quote:
Natural Dynamics section - Click Band Interactions - Change from Off to On - Now there's no way to turn Band Coupling back off unless hitting the tiny gray corner, it could be a bit better labeled or something... Also, when clicking Band Coupling to On, the Band Coupling percentage value is set based on where the mouse pointer was clicked on the "Band coupling off" button.
You can always drag the slider back to the left, which is off. (off = 0%). Is that unclear? Since it's a slider, where you click is indeed the setting that you get.
Quote:
I also noticed the Presets are very well laid out - it might be nice to have the ability to have a description of what the Processing Setting does or is used for - maybe another right click and a "What's This"?
We have a field for preset descriptions, so that should be possible.
Quote:
Other than that, everything looks Awesome! WAY clearer interface, IMHO
Great!
Quote:
Also, is it time to add the ability for a greater processing latency such as 8192 samples for (theoretically) higher levels of quality? I could see this being especially valuable for the VST versions...
I don't think it will help with audio quality. For every latency increase step, the effect on the quality is half of what it was for the previous step. So 1024 to 2048 has twice as much effect as 2048 to 4096, and going to 8192 would only have half the effect of that step. And higher latencies may cause other issues. So, maybe?

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 492 posts ]  Go to page Previous 137 38 39 40 4150 Next