All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 492 posts ]  Go to page Previous 129 30 31 32 3350 Next
PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2022 6:02 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
Quote:
Ok, since Tom has already created a workaround for it on our end there shouldn't be a problem anymore. Please check BETA062 once it's available.
Hmm, nope. It's still not updating the window view when things are clicked or changed. DSP Beta 062, radioBOSS 6.2.1.0 x86
Sometimes minimizing, closing, or keyboard command moving it to the next monitor (DisplayFusion) will cause it to redraw. But It doesn't want to happen consistently.

But the 32-bit VST appears to work well enough.
I don't see any issues with the DSP in RadioBOSS here.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2022 6:42 pm 

Quote:
Quote:
Hmm, nope. It's still not updating the window view when things are clicked or changed. DSP Beta 062, radioBOSS 6.2.1.0 x86
Sometimes minimizing, closing, or keyboard command moving it to the next monitor (DisplayFusion) will cause it to redraw. But It doesn't want to happen consistently.
Strange. Here I'm able to see it, verify that it's 9.92 beta 062, and load it up but it presents nothing but a white screen until you move the window by clicking on the titlebar. Then we can see the gui after, but it still doesn't want to react.

Other than that, the DSP is fine in FFDSHOW as well.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2022 7:22 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Strange. Here I'm able to see it, verify that it's 9.92 beta 062, and load it up but it presents nothing but a white screen until you move the window by clicking on the titlebar. Then we can see the gui after, but it still doesn't want to react.

Other than that, the DSP is fine in FFDSHOW as well.
Oh! I feel stupid now - I tested the old GUI. The new GUI indeed has the issue that you're describing - it looks like the WM_PAINT messages don't arrive.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2022 5:12 pm 

Quote:
Oh! I feel stupid now - I tested the old GUI. The new GUI indeed has the issue that you're describing - it looks like the WM_PAINT messages don't arrive.
No worries. I'm sure this project is confusing enough with the multiple branches, ports, and GUIs to work with.

Can we get the Processing Overview to show up on the "home" page as it does on the Processing page? The web GUI defaults to a Quick-Adjust page where the overview overlay button doesn't exist.

edit2: ignore the first edit. I apparently cannot read

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2022 1:50 pm 

Quote:
Could we get a keyboard shortcut to restart the soundcards as well since F11 for fullscreen is intended to be implemented? F12? Ctrl+F5?
That seems like a thing we absolutely never would want a user to do accidentally. So nope, sorry.

Quote:
No, now it's full of bars that are much wider than the width of my phone (portrait mode) and just scrunch together further when the scopes are expanded.
The meter bar is a .css nightmare... We'll look into how it should behave when the screen gets too narrow to display the entire thing.
Quote:
On a PC, the web scopes shrink when the window is resized, but they never expand.
Yeah, that's a bit of a problem. I've put in multiple hours in the past to try and solve this, but I can't seem to find why this happens.

Quote:
That thing still does not shorten text when there is no place.. in old gui too.
That thing?

Quote:
In OBS, the 64bit vst2 fills up both monitors when it opens.
I bet this has to do with DPI scaling. Primary 4k @200% DPI, secondary 1080p @100% DPI, totaling to a 3x width of 1080p: meaning it is 5760x2160 pixels.
Yeah so display scaling is a big problem: we can't reliably/uniformly implement this across all VST hosts.
Regardless, I'll have a look at what OBS (and Reaper for that matter) do in terms of DPI awareness.

Quote:
The DSP version in RadioBOSS doesn't update/redraw automatically.
Quote:
It's still not updating the window view when things are clicked or changed.
Should be fixed as well in the next version. Again, it could break things elsewhere.

Quote:
Are there any improvements to the accessibility of the web interface? When you changed the preset selection it became inaccessible to screen readers.
Sadly, no. As I eluded to before, we have no experience with (or manpower for) proper accessibility support.
I'll get to it when I get to it. Until then, the old webinterface should still work fine for the visually impaired.
As Hans already noted: I'm planning to revise the modern preset picker in the near future, I'll keep accessibility in mind.

Quote:
In New GUI Win DSP, if the window is all the way to the right edge upon closing and reopening Winamp it moves to the left away from the edge causing a gap. The old GUI doesn't do this.
I'll have to look at the DSP version as well then.

Quote:
Are you interested in making this plugin In addition to the web interface we use for our screen readers for those of us who are blind and who use the keyboard for all uses,
make our Jaws and NVDA screen readers finally have the ability to configure the stereo tool and that when in the configuration explorer stereo tool for our screen readers to read when you move with the tab key.

Another question is, if you haven't made it possible for it to be used with our screen readers in VST 3 plugins, can you enable the web interface by adding it to users for the vst3 .ini file?
The plan is that both the new native gui as well as the new web interface become the standard ways to interact with our software.
They will be included in all versions of Stereo Tool (stand-alone, DSP, VST2/VST3) on every OS (Windows, Linux, Mac) and platform (ARM, x86).
Eventually, these two interfaces (web and native) will have feature parity: they can do whatever the other one can do, and will look extremely similar if not exactly the same.
Navigation using the tab key is part of that, something I've been "dreaming of" for years. It's just a big and difficult feature to implement properly.

Quote:
Can we get the Processing Overview to show up on the "home" page as it does on the Processing page? The web GUI defaults to a Quick-Adjust page where the overview overlay button doesn't exist.
Will look into it.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2022 2:03 pm 

Quote:
Quote:
Could we get a keyboard shortcut to restart the soundcards as well since F11 for fullscreen is intended to be implemented? F12? Ctrl+F5?
That seems like a thing we absolutely never would want a user to do accidentally. So nope, sorry.
That's fair. I just realized I can look into the JSON approach for the web interface and try to figure out something with AutoHotkey.
Quote:
Regardless, I'll have a look at what OBS (and Reaper for that matter) do in terms of DPI awareness.
Reaper, unlike OBS, has a "HiDPI" compatibility setting (right click the VST in the plugin selector) when floating the VST window (double click it once added to the FX chain). It's only effective for the 64bit VST2 (which OBS requires) but it behaves properly once enabled in Reaper: 200%dpi on primary 4k, 100%dpi on 1080p. Otherwise it won't scale back down when moving it from the 200% to the 100% scale monitor.

edit: I'll look into trying jBridge to use the 32 bit VST in the 64 bit host and see what difference that makes on OBS
edit2: the jBridge method isn't more usable in OBS, but it behaves differently.
edit3: To clarify, the 64 bit VST is usable in OBS once I use a hotkey to move it to another monitor (it resizes to the screen limits). Doing it manually by dragging the window does not work. But it still doesn't respect window DPI on non-primary screens.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2022 4:30 pm 

:D Dear Hans: What about the VST 3 plugin beta download? here the screen reader doesn't show me the option to download VST3 9.2.0.62?
Or you haven't released the VST 3 plugin into beta yet

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2022 4:45 pm 

Quote:
Are you interested in making this plugin In addition to the web interface we use for our screen readers for those of us who are blind and who use the keyboard for all uses,
make our Jaws and NVDA screen readers finally have the ability to configure the stereo tool and that when in the configuration explorer stereo tool for our screen readers to read when you move with the tab key.

Another question is, if you haven't made it possible for it to be used with our screen readers in VST 3 plugins, can you enable the web interface by adding it to users for the vst3 .ini file?
The plan is that both the new native gui as well as the new web interface become the standard ways to interact with our software.
They will be included in all versions of Stereo Tool (stand-alone, DSP, VST2/VST3) on every OS (Windows, Linux, Mac) and platform (ARM, x86).
Eventually, these two interfaces (web and native) will have feature parity: they can do whatever the other one can do, and will look extremely similar if not exactly the same.
Navigation using the tab key is part of that, something I've been "dreaming of" for years. It's just a big and difficult feature to implement properly.

Please, when you insert tap and other navigation keys into your plugins, I recommend that you install Screen Reader for us blind NVDA because it is free, so you have the opportunity to test how your plugins will behave when you press the tab key and other keys, i.e. NVDA will give you this pronounce correctly when moving through the navigation keys. For Jaws, the problem is that jaws is not a free application and works in demo mode for only 45 minutes and stops working until the system is restarted, when it has the opportunity to work in demo mode again for 45 minutes. That's why I recommend NVDA, which you can download from the following page:
https://www.nvaccess.org/download/
greetings from Sarajevo
Edin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2022 5:38 pm 

In 9.92 BETA062 win10 64bit standalone;

Both in gui and web, MB2 meters wount show on top of page until MB1 is activated. Then it dissaperes again when MB1 is deactivated. I have some settings only using MB2.

Btw, greate new version, I do dig the new layout and I see that it aint no easy walk to keep all the stuff together :)

Regards,

MrDonT

edit: clearify that its the meters on top of the page that goes away.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2022 8:30 am 

Hey Hans I just wanted to say thanks for adding alt text/labels to the on/off buttons in the new web interface! It helps me out when using the screen reader for the blind.

One thing though, I tried the latest beta and I'm unable to use the processing overview section in the web interface as well as the preset selector with the screen reader. I tried the old web interface (/st at the end of the URL) and wasn't able to change presets also.
Are presets disabled for now?

One other thing, in certain presets such as "Jeroen Platenkamp - Centurion" the density and attack/release speed controls don't really seem to do anything, at least not to my ears (I can't see the meter but can adjust settings with the screen reader.

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 492 posts ]  Go to page Previous 129 30 31 32 3350 Next