All times are UTC+02:00

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 492 posts ]  Go to page Previous 121 22 23 24 2550 Next
PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2022 1:27 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Any news ion new I/O ?
Switching the I/O over to the new mechanism for all products is risky, since there might still be bugs in it. So I only want to do that once we have sufficient feedback about it. Certain things (such as streaming input) were only added in the last weeks and work differently in the new I/O layer, and I am not yet sure if that doesn't cause issues. We need to make sure that it doesn't before we can switch everything (and by doing so, everyone!) over.
When I use streaming output with metadata the stream buffer in every song change, and the start of the very song is lost. It’s imposible stream with metadata.
Is that specifically with the new I/O layer (in Enterprise)?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2022 1:42 pm 
Site Admin

BETA042 posted. Alongsize Zoom, there's now also a Compactness slider which puts widgets closer together. So if you think the GUI takes up too much space you can play with Compactness as well now.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2022 2:12 pm 

Stereotool new gui beta 042 works fine now whif sam broadcaster

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2022 2:30 pm 

Quote:
Quote:
Holding ctrl then holding the left mouse button on a slider makes the cursor disappear until the next app restart. Win10 x64 b35 and STE b40.

Also I notice in STEnterprise's IO, there's a slight delay on one of the outputs (I can't tell in which direction) between Normal and FM that doesn't seem to be there in the regular IO. Maybe a phase inversion? It's very audible when I use my headphones and speakers at the same time.
I don't see the mouse issue (testing with BETA042, which I will upload in a moment). The outputs aren't perfectly in sync, but they don't need to have been in sync with the old I/O layer either. The old I/O layer often had a larger offset from the center than the new one if the buffer size is small.
Yep, still there. So, you know how when you hold the mouse button on a slider without moving it, it turns purple after a few seconds? If you do that while holding Ctrl, the mouse cursor never comes back. Win10, 200%DPI scaling.

Secondly, when adjusting the output buffer size in ms, one tick on the mouse wheel is 0.1ms. Same when Ctrl is held. However, when Shift is held, it's 10ms. Without ctrl or shift, it should be 1 millisecond instead of 0.1

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2022 6:53 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Holding ctrl then holding the left mouse button on a slider makes the cursor disappear until the next app restart. Win10 x64 b35 and STE b40.

Also I notice in STEnterprise's IO, there's a slight delay on one of the outputs (I can't tell in which direction) between Normal and FM that doesn't seem to be there in the regular IO. Maybe a phase inversion? It's very audible when I use my headphones and speakers at the same time.
I don't see the mouse issue (testing with BETA042, which I will upload in a moment). The outputs aren't perfectly in sync, but they don't need to have been in sync with the old I/O layer either. The old I/O layer often had a larger offset from the center than the new one if the buffer size is small.
Yep, still there. So, you know how when you hold the mouse button on a slider without moving it, it turns purple after a few seconds? If you do that while holding Ctrl, the mouse cursor never comes back. Win10, 200%DPI scaling.

Secondly, when adjusting the output buffer size in ms, one tick on the mouse wheel is 0.1ms. Same when Ctrl is held. However, when Shift is held, it's 10ms. Without ctrl or shift, it should be 1 millisecond instead of 0.1
Ah! Now I managed to reproduce it. You need to hold Control AND hold the mouse for more than one second to get into this state. We'll look into this, it's probably some state issue (there are 2 things that each cause the slider to go to precise mode). Aside from this, I see that the color of the slider doesn't always match the behavior. So something is clearly wrong.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2022 4:13 am 

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Switching the I/O over to the new mechanism for all products is risky, since there might still be bugs in it. So I only want to do that once we have sufficient feedback about it. Certain things (such as streaming input) were only added in the last weeks and work differently in the new I/O layer, and I am not yet sure if that doesn't cause issues. We need to make sure that it doesn't before we can switch everything (and by doing so, everyone!) over.
When I use streaming output with metadata the stream buffer in every song change, and the start of the very song is lost. It’s imposible stream with metadata.
Is that specifically with the new I/O layer (in Enterprise)?
No. I don't even try Enterprise either New Gui... this bug is old, I think it never worked well.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2022 2:27 pm 

Would it be reasonable/possible to enable the input levels meter and scope as well as ITU if Hide CPU heavy monitoring is OFF while BYPASS is enabled? Sometimes I want to look at some basic info without actually applying any processing.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2022 5:46 pm 

Would it be possible to get more flexible behavior for the scopes to fill out the blank spaces on the sides of the meter bar? It looks particularly strange with that blank space at fullscreen with 100% scaling (or 75% of the screen with 75% scaling as in my case).

Secondly, on the I/O page, sometimes a half-width cell will become a full-width cell. Like when disabling the FM Output and then Reenabling it. This is also at fullscreen with 100% scaling or 75%/75%. (edit: make sure the cell is expanded first, this seems to matter)

edit: oops on the first point. corrected

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2022 1:22 pm 

Another rounding bug when scrolling a single tick:

FM Output: set Auto-Restart on Buffer Issues to 1%
scroll the mouse wheel down
the percentage is now 5 instead of zero.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2022 6:41 pm 

When right-clicking a slider on a pop-over and choosing a selection that goes outside of the pop-over boundaries, it closes the pop-over while applying the selection. It should keep the pop-over open until it's clicked out of when not choosing a right-click menu item.

reproduction:
open any pop-over with a slider near the bottom; AGC Band Frequencies for example
right click the bottom frequency band slider and notice how it goes outside the bounds of the pop-over
choose the bottom item (reset to factory default) -- you might need to change the value to make this available
both the item settings are applied and the pop-over is closed

expected behavior:
item settings are applied, and the pop-over should stay open

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 492 posts ]  Go to page Previous 121 22 23 24 2550 Next