All times are UTC+02:00

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 492 posts ]  Go to page Previous 146 47 48 49 50 Next
PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2023 10:46 pm 

Quote:
What still can't find is the tooltips. I love having 10000 parameters to tweak but without tooltips that's impossible.
In the new GUI you sorta have to right-click around to find a "What is this?" entry in the context menu. This functionality should probably be added to the right-click of the filter list.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2023 11:50 pm 

Quote:
Quote:
What still can't find is the tooltips. I love having 10000 parameters to tweak but without tooltips that's impossible.
In the new GUI you sorta have to right-click around to find a "What is this?" entry in the context menu. This functionality should probably be added to the right-click of the filter list.
Well thanks that's helpful but it's at least two extra clicks compared to the old tooltips. For me the old system was perfect and the elegance of the user interface was one of the main reasons I bought it. I would have been happy with simply being able to resize it for larger screens. No doubt the new system will eventually overtake the old but I have a feeling a bit of patience is still needed given that it's such a complex tool.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2023 12:14 am 

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Well thanks that's helpful but it's at least two extra clicks compared to the old tooltips. For me the old system was perfect and the elegance of the user interface was one of the main reasons I bought it. I would have been happy with simply being able to resize it for larger screens. No doubt the new system will eventually overtake the old but I have a feeling a bit of patience is still needed given that it's such a complex tool.
Everything in new gui compared to old, needs extra click, and sometimes 3 extra clicks, and even to just see some things you need another few clicks.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2023 12:58 pm 

Quote:
It is not possible to open a preset (file) in the Mac version of the new GUI.
I'll look into it.

Quote:
It's at least two extra clicks compared to the old tooltips
The main problems with the old style tooltips were:
1. Hovering in some spots would suddenly spawn a wall of text
2. Touching the mouse too hard while reading it would make it disappear again

This new way, if a user has the intent to read about some function from within the interface, they can.
And if they don't have that intent, they won't be bothered by it (because it requires extra clicks).

Quote:
Everything in new gui compared to old, needs extra click, and sometimes 3 extra clicks, and even to just see some things you need another few clicks.
Yes, that's kind of the whole point.
I think you greatly underestimate the vast amount of users that do not "power-use" StereoTool.
Even the ones that know what all the advanced functionality does (let alone need it) often use it in a set-and-forget way.

Only people that are avid preset-creators like yourself can be (understandably) bothered by the added clicks.
While I fully agree with you that "adding clicks is bad", I'm arguing that all those clicks should have been there from the start.
Otherwise every application would just be a giant list of settings that requires zero clicks (but a mile of scrolling).

We've got all of our users' best interest in mind in improving our product, but keep in mind that we have to make compromises.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2023 4:03 pm 

Even with the little annoyances the new gui is much easier to work with, I recreated my custom settings from scratch as a test, i remember last time i did this a year ago on old gui it took me 2 hours, now it took about 30 minutes.

If the submenu/collapsable menu structure gets streamlined more to reduce need for extra clicks, i can imagine it will take way less time even than that. :)

Oh yeah and another thing, this processing overview display, it's a beauty. ( i'm kinda using the beta just for this now :D )

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2023 1:59 pm 

Quote:
It is not possible to open a preset (file) in the Mac version of the new GUI.
Apples threading requirements are a royal pain, but they did reveal a nasty bug where modal windows (e.g. choosing a file to load from/save to) were handled on the main drawing thread.
Which meant that on Windows/Linux, the entire GUI was frozen until you chose a file. And Mac didn't allow the behavior at all.

Fixed in the next build.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2023 11:13 am 

Hello. Would it be possible to make in the new web interface that screen readers in the license section can read what we have licensed and what we don't. When I open application/license screen readers can properly read what is licensable, I can click a button to turn off all unlicensed items, but I can't tell what is licensed and active and what isn't. When I move around the page, the screen readers announce the items properly, but as I said before, I don't know what is licensed and what is active. I mean... I know what I have licensed, but it would be good if we could see it in the web interface itself.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2023 9:13 am 

Quote:
Hello. Would it be possible to make in the new web interface that screen readers in the license section can read what we have licensed and what we don't. When I open application/license screen readers can properly read what is licensable, I can click a button to turn off all unlicensed items, but I can't tell what is licensed and active and what isn't. When I move around the page, the screen readers announce the items properly, but as I said before, I don't know what is licensed and what is active. I mean... I know what I have licensed, but it would be good if we could see it in the web interface itself.
We are working on proper screen reader support.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2023 8:35 pm 

Noticed this thread hasn't been updated in a while. Has the new version replaced the old one?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2023 6:52 am 

Quote:
Noticed this thread hasn't been updated in a while. Has the new version replaced the old one?
Where is the New GUI updates?
:(

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 492 posts ]  Go to page Previous 146 47 48 49 50 Next