All times are UTC+02:00

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 492 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 550 Next
PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2022 5:03 pm 

Congratulations and well done with the new webinterface Tom !

Just wondering, will there be the basic/extreme parameter parameters settings in the future, or am i missing something ?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2022 7:37 pm 

Quote:
Just wondering, will there be the basic/extreme parameter parameters settings in the future, or am i missing something ?
I was wondering about this for a minute before I realized that everything seems to be there if you dig hard enough. No need for Basic or Extreme Tweaker operating modes. I'm not certain how I feel about this yet. Perhaps if there was a setting to automatically expand all boxes and add columns to make the UI a little smaller or more densely populated, it would present a little better for those looking for more in view at once.

I was hoping to try the new web interface and scale it down to see what it would look like that way.

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2022 8:42 pm 

Noted a possible bug in the Bandpass section on Windows 64-bit standalone version.
Changing HP or LP values does not result in updated diagram.

Attachments:
Screenshot 2022-05-27 204154.png
Screenshot 2022-05-27 204154.png [ 87.73 KiB | Viewed 2979 times ]

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2022 9:40 pm 

On the Linux version it depends on the legacy libpng12 library, which can be a problem for some people, for instance my Arch based distro doesn't have it pre installed.
Having to run the program in command line to figure it out. It runs fine after installing the package libong12-1.2.59

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2022 10:23 pm 

How can i adjust second MPX output level ?

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2022 10:45 pm 
Site Admin

Hi all,

I'm combining a lot of replies in a single post.
Quote:
Quick question
Is the FM Analyzer going to be removed with this GUI change or has it not been implemented yet?
It's not yet added. Interestingly, about 20 settings (out of over 8000) are missing and almost all of them have been mentioned by someone already :shock: (not just here, also via other means - I would ask people to please respond here though to keep all the info in one place)

Quote:
I'm not coming up with the new web GUI. Is there something I need to append to the URL? Or is that not available yet in this specific beta?

I haven't cleared caches and stuff, so I'll try that next.
That's a small bug, it should loaded the new web GUI but I don't think I added that already. For now, add /modern/ to the URL, so something like http://127.0.0.1:8080/modern/

Quote:
I just can't stand how big this GUI is. Also does make zero difference if i set windows compatibility DPI scaling.
It is so big that i need to fill almost whole my screen width with ST window just to make MB1>Detection settings not scrollable horizontally. Not to mention that vertically i don't even have place left to normally see meters on top. They look so small compared to everything else.
On other hand gui generaly works much better, there is no sttutering in screen, meters, scopers, etc, are smoother, big cpu usage tho, not workable on any of my core2duo cpus.

I still think that all meter filters should stay always at one same place. I mean HOME> Then i click TrueBass, I don't see anymore all other meters i see only TrueBass metter (and rest meters in chain) even it shows meters for it right under, again.
Can you show a screenshot of how you're using it? Normally I would expect people to run the GUI using as much of the screen as possible, it sounds though like you're trying to use a very small area of your screen instead. The DSP scaling should work, which Windows version are you using?

I'm not 100% sure yet about the meter displays, I did notice the same issue (go to a bass filter and you loose the others), which both makes sense (if you're in Bass Exciter for example, it really doesn't matter what the multiband compressors are doing), but you can't go back there either. Anyway, that's why this is the first beta - we need feedback from other people beyond just us.

Quote:
Congratulations and well done with the new webinterface Tom !

How can i adjust second MPX output level ?
Every setting except for a few dozen is still there, you may need to open submenu's to access them. Which replaces the "Advanced", "Expert" etc modes which suddenly show you all settings everywhere. For the 2nd MPX output level, open the FM sound card output detailed settings.

Quote:
Noted a possible bug in the Bandpass section on Windows 64-bit standalone version.
Changing HP or LP values does not result in updated diagram.
I think it's displaying the FM lowpass frequency in this case, instead of the non-FM one. That might be a bit unclear. We'll look into this. It's display-only anyway. (And the old GUI did the same thing, but it was displayed very small in the bottom so you probably never noticed it).

Quote:
On the Linux version it depends on the legacy libpng12 library, which can be a problem for some people, for instance my Arch based distro doesn't have it pre installed.
Having to run the program in command line to figure it out. It runs fine after installing the package libong12-1.2.59
Ok, some library must be using that. I'll see if we can get rid of the dependency next week.

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2022 11:34 pm 

Fault message when loading stereo setting from another preset.

Attachments:
Knipsel.PNG
Knipsel.PNG [ 28.16 KiB | Viewed 2953 times ]

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2022 11:40 pm 

Quote:
For the 2nd MPX output level, open the FM sound card output detailed settings.
Found it, thanks !

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2022 12:35 am 

Quote:
Quote:
I'm not coming up with the new web GUI. Is there something I need to append to the URL? Or is that not available yet in this specific beta?
That's a small bug, it should loaded the new web GUI but I don't think I added that already. For now, add /modern/ to the URL, so something like http://127.0.0.1:8080/modern/
Oh! the second slash was what it needed. Thanks!

Turns out it does work with browser scaling, so I can dock it to half of my screen and drop the scale to 50% to see three columns.

Would it be possible to include a command-line switch (or something) that allows the standalone/plugin window contents to be scaled down to 50%?

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2022 2:41 am 

- Nahh, i see, to me it look slike its just maded for full screen. Its really not work frendly, for me atleast. When i make new preset i have atleast 3 other window (tools) and checking everything in realtime on all windows, so no place for them now. Just fonts are 3x bigger then regular default windows font, on icons for example. I am using 2K display but custom scale with 133 to mimic 1080p display. Window DPI fix do nothing. And this with TrueBass section, why same does not happen with MB1, for example? I still see AGC and ND, declipper bar, stereo boosts, idk where are those. As i said, everything is so huge but i see far less.

- Since there is "back" and "forward" function, it should be also possible to do that with mouse side clicks too, like browsing in windows explorer, or chrome.

- GUI cpu usage is high, higher then ever, and moving window around (even without moving parts in window) Makes even more GUI usage, not to mention moving window out of screen, really is that still a thing..
Do i really need to compare, for example, BreakawayOne and this new ST. BA uses less cpu with it's GUI AND full processing then ST's GUI only.

I just hope that all this is fixable and GUI is flexible enough for changes. Somehow i know what will happen, and i will just use old gui as long as it is made.

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 492 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 550 Next