All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 492 posts ]  Go to page Previous 144 45 46 47 4850 Next
PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2022 1:27 am 

Hi,

I tried the new GUI, but went back to the old one. I'm using the web interface with a screen reader, and since preset selection is broken in that case, I figured I would go with the version that works for me.

I'd use the new GUI with the old web interface, but the old web interface doesn't work. /st gives me the page, but no controls work.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2023 9:47 am 

Quote:
I hope the new GUI enables users to do everything the processor can do. As I mentioned on the other topic, please consider having several levels of adjustment visibility. Those who have pro version should be able access all adjustments. One person's unnecessary feature may be the reason another person purchased the software.
Anyone should be able to access all adjustments. And they should always be findable. That's why we're getting rid of the adjustment modes: you wouldn't believe how many people couldn't find a setting because it was only visible in the next mode tier up.
Quote:
The comment about the need for adjustable low pass filtering frequency on FM processing mode made me smile, because no doubt people have used an FM processor on AM to see how the pre-emphasis limiting sounded on AM. The problem was the need to apply 10 kHz filtering afterward to meet the USA FCC mask. Indeed, the adjustable low pass filter may be needed by someone, even in FM mode.
If someone needs functionality that isn't present anymore, they can tell us in this thread. But before we start adding sliders and knobs (or start programming new features), we would like to know why it would be necessary and/or of use to anyone.
Quote:
Additionally, I have not found anything in Stereo Tool documentation indicating where in the processing chain AM or FM pre-emphasis is introduced, and if it is introduced in multiple stages. Big difference between pre-emphasis before final HF clipper, or pre-emphasis before a multiband stage that precedes the HF clipper. Or if pre-emphasis is introduced on a side chain with a parallel processor.
I'll forward this to Hans.
Quote:
Does version 10 have adjustable maximum gain reduction meter scale on the compressors?
It does not.
Quote:
So far, I get the impression much of the ongoing work on Stereo Tool is changing the GUI and digital housekeeping. Any thoughts about the audio processing itself?
I'd suggest creating another topic for that. You could also ask Hans directly, he's usually more than happy to spar about new ideas with knowledgable people.
Quote:
Please find a way to make the GUI usable for all users, basic to full-tweaker. Don't take out any adjustments.
That is indeed what we're trying to achieve.
Quote:
I think one issue with the GUI may be the obtuse descriptions of control function.
We would absolutely love to have a list of suggestions for better naming and explanations! If you're the kind of user that has experience with the functionality that ST offers but that is named differently in the (un)official jargon or in other applications, please let us know so we can improve.
Quote:
When testing, it seems like compression ratios are pretty mushy. [...]
Another example- in the wideband [...]
Please create new topics for these problems. We need to know about it, but this is a thread about the new GUI only.
Quote:
You don't need to dumb down the GUI. You just need more specific descriptions of the actual processing function parameter on the GUI controls or pop-up descriptions.
We're not trying to dumb it down. Not at all. We're just trying to make it less crowded and overwhelming. It's still every bit as versatile and adjustable if one is as willing to dive into it as they were when they first started using it.
Quote:
Sadly it's still completely unusable in OBS after closing and reopening the GUI. It's still scaled up waaay too large on the second opening of the GUI, and it recursively gets larger every time.
Fixed that. I didn't properly account for DPI.
Quote:
I'm using the web interface with a screen reader, and since preset selection is broken in that case, I figured I would go with the version that works for me.
We've put an external team on that, will let you know as soon as they've figured out what's going wrong.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2023 11:54 am 
Site Admin

Quote:
Additionally, I have not found anything in Stereo Tool documentation indicating where in the processing chain AM or FM pre-emphasis is introduced, and if it is introduced in multiple stages. Big difference between pre-emphasis before final HF clipper, or pre-emphasis before a multiband stage that precedes the HF clipper. Or if pre-emphasis is introduced on a side chain with a parallel processor.
It's at the end of the chain, just before the final clipper. However, if you *want* to process things with pre-emphasis to create a specific sound, the multiband compressors have a side chain for it.
Quote:
When testing, it seems like compression ratios are pretty mushy.
That's almost certainly caused by the Feedback slider. Set that to 0% or enable Feedback^2 to get the behavior that you expect. If you have any suggestions to show this more clearly in the GUI, let me know. We're planning to redesign the compressors soon, to both simplify them and make them work better, and maybe also make it possible to have them aim at specific loudness levels, and this is one of the things we will definitely get rid of in the new version.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2023 1:24 am 

Quote:
New GUI: GUI gets bigger every time it's opened in OBS viewtopic.php?f=14&t=32703&p=73091#p73091
Nice, this seems to function properly now! I can go back to recommending this combo again! Can't wait for skins/colors/something to differentiate the plugin instances now.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2023 4:03 pm 

I find the colour scheme a bit awkward at times.

Say I want to configure another µMPX Node: I add a node and want to enter the details before enabling, I can hardly see what I type.
This applies to every item that is disabled while entering values.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2023 4:11 pm 

Quote:
I find the colour scheme a bit awkward at times.

Say I want to configure another µMPX Node: I add a node and want to enter the details before enabling, I can hardly see what I type.
This applies to every item that is disabled while entering values.
Yes, this has recently come to my attention as well, for the last few versions. I'm not sure when it started, but the font color did not always seem so faded like this.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2023 4:58 pm 
Site Admin

Ah, sorry. I should have updated the links (the issue is fixed, I thought I had posted a fixed version, but apparently not). Uploading BETA032 now.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2023 9:44 pm 

Oh, wow. I just for the first time messed with the Equalizer in the new web interface, and the metering is fantastic. Is this functionality planned for the full-on GUI?

edit: Hmm, it appears that perhaps the metering on the Equalizer is showing the EQ input instead of showing the post-equalized signal. Or is it showing from another point in the chain? Regardless I think this meter (I don't know what to call it -- RMS by frequency separated into 30+ bands?) would be great to show on the Meter Overview page.

Also, is it meant to show 33 bands? Not 32? Is it 1/3 octave or something?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2023 12:49 am 

I use stereotool through and editing program which requires VST (standard). I can't remember how I update this. all I know is I need just a (.dll) erhm file, any thoughts?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2023 1:31 am 

Quote:
I use stereotool through and editing program which requires VST (standard). I can't remember how I update this. all I know is I need just a (.dll) erhm file, any thoughts?
Which application? That dictates which VST you'll need. It's likely a VST2 since it's DLL, but we don't know if it's 32 or 64 bit. And this will affect where you place the VST2 DLL. You can do a quick google to find the places you need to put the files.

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 492 posts ]  Go to page Previous 144 45 46 47 4850 Next