All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 492 posts ]  Go to page Previous 138 39 40 41 4250 Next
PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2022 12:15 pm 

Quote:
Quote:
Also, is it time to add the ability for a greater processing latency such as 8192 samples for (theoretically) higher levels of quality? I could see this being especially valuable for the VST versions...
I don't think it will help with audio quality. For every latency increase step, the effect on the quality is half of what it was for the previous step. So 1024 to 2048 has twice as much effect as 2048 to 4096, and going to 8192 would only have half the effect of that step. And higher latencies may cause other issues. So, maybe?
I think what Hans is saying, is: there's diminishing returns.

See if you can hear the quality difference between 2048 and 4096.
If you can, then it's probably subtle.
Now imagine that quality difference, but only half as audible: that would be the benefit of having a latency mode for 8192.

I don't think that would be worth the development time, but we could look into it in the future.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2022 3:50 pm 

Quote:
Quote:
You can use Control/Alt/+ and Control/Alt/- to open or close all the available items (on the top bar or main section, depending on where you clicked last)
It should be noted that on Windows it is indeed the CTRL key, and the + or - in the numbers bar above the alphabet (not the keypad). I think at this point it would be a good idea to include a popover in the Application Settings (or somewhere) with a list of key commands, along with a reminder that CTRL/SHIFT affect the precision.
It should now be noted that it's CTRL SHIFT + or - in 10.02-B003

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2022 1:03 pm 

Hi,
Do you know when i will be possible to enter the license key in the VST3 plugin with newGUI ?
Regards

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2022 6:07 pm 

Would it be possible to get a quick-adjust/overview page for the first unfoldable tree entries of each section? For example, while most Stereo effects can be toggled (with the notable exception of the recently added AGC matrix) in the Processing Overview popover, I'd like a page of some sort to be there when I click Stereo instead of it just opening or closing the tree. Same for Bass, Highs, and Dynamics and Clipping (things like Bass Clipper controls could exist in multiple places)

Also, now that keyboard shortcuts are now in the mix, would it be possible to create a key combo to auto-expand the meter bar for every page so one doesn't have to do it manually? Perhaps by adding ALT to the CTRL SHIFT expansion combo? Or if not for every individual page, then perhaps for every sub-section in a meta section (ie If used on the aforementioned theoretical Stereo page, all sub-sections of Stereo would have their meter bar expanded).

Let me know if I need to clarify any of these thoughts, cause I know how jumbled mine can be.

edit: Right-click could toggle the tree expansion without navigating to the page, for whatever reason one might have to do this.

edit2: Reminder that the Processing Overview popover does not exist as an option on the "Home" page with the rest of the Quick-Adjust. Just on the Processing page, which looks identical if not for that button. Would both Repair and Processing overview buttons be good to have here instead of neither?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2022 3:50 pm 

Oh, excellent! The Meters Page is included in 10.02-004 and looks and works excellently. With the exception of the ITU Meter floating alone in the FM Transmitter section. Not having any other FM Transmitter options enabled is why I assume the rest of the bar is empty.

Would it be reasonable to move the ITU meter past the end of the FM Buffer bar?

This way the FM Transmitter meter bar can be collapsed and the overall loudness remains displayed.

But having all the enabled filter shortcuts at one's fingertips like this mostly makes my previous post moot. Certainly less pertinent, if not dead in the water.
Attachment:
Untitled.png
Untitled.png [ 69.89 KiB | Viewed 1302 times ]
edit: Secondly, should the meter overview page ignore the scale set by the application settings and use something fixed? It seems like that page should fill out and leave no blank space unless occupied by a greyed feature.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2022 7:28 pm 

Hm, got this error a few times while digging around the web interface, which was not loading completely.

Attachments:
Screenshot 2022-11-20 122727.png
Screenshot 2022-11-20 122727.png [ 49.19 KiB | Viewed 1276 times ]

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2022 12:30 pm 

Ah, metering only display is there. Great. Works as expected on my machine, which currently for testing runs full featured FM & µMPX encoder.

Now the same view would be nice to have in WebGUI - and if that would not be possible due to performance constraints, then a subset of meters would be as good, with the option to select which ones to show.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2022 4:30 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
Hm, got this error a few times while digging around the web interface, which was not loading completely.
Thanks, found & solved.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2022 10:28 pm 

Would it be possible to enable text selection (or a direct copy to the clipboard) when clicking an error log entry list in the web interface? This would make it easier to report bugs, I think.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2022 8:50 am 

One more concerning the meters-only screen:
It still shows inactive processors/filters as grey, wasting lots of screen space.

My favourite would be if the meters would simply auto-group if possible, i.e. repair & processing join together in one row and draw higher meters.

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 492 posts ]  Go to page Previous 138 39 40 41 4250 Next