All times are UTC+02:00

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 492 posts ]  Go to page Previous 15 6 7 8 950 Next
PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:08 pm 

Quote:
When lowering the individual AGC band Levels, I'm able to scroll below -12 on the mouse wheel, even though the display remains at -12. If I scroll down to -12, then scroll the mouse wheel down further, scrolling up takes the same amount of scrolling before it starts affecting the GUI. I don't think the audio itself is affected.
Will be fixed in beta 15
Quote:
AGC Band meters 1 and 2 are wider than bands 3 and 4 on the display when shrinking the viewport. I can't get this to reproduce consistently. Perhaps something to do with changing from 4 bands to 2 and back?
I don't really understand what you mean. Are the vertical meters in the meter bar (top of the screen) varying in width?
The code for resizing that bar is a royal pain, I could see why it doesn't reproduce consistently.

Quote:
Since there are now exposed settings to choose how ST is closed, can we get an option for minimizing it to the regular taskbar? I work on multiple monitors and don't always have access to the primary one where the system tray resides.
Working on it, the constant minimizing to the system tray was starting to annoy me as well. Plus, the "start from tray" is ignored... Will probably be fixed in beta 15.
Quote:
I'd like to be able to minimize to the taskbar as well as close to the system tray, and exit from the tray icon. It'll be handier than keeping multiple identical-looking windows open just so you can read the instance name in the taskbar.
The last mentioned fix should help you with this as well.
I should note that we're working on a dedicated multi-instance version of Stereo Tool that keeps all of your instances in the same window with a neat overview page. Might take some time though, it's in internal alpha right now and uses a soundcard framework that was designed completely from the ground up. Requires lots and lots of testing.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:30 pm 

Quote:
Quote:
AGC Band meters 1 and 2 are wider than bands 3 and 4 on the display when shrinking the viewport. I can't get this to reproduce consistently. Perhaps something to do with changing from 4 bands to 2 and back?
I don't really understand what you mean. Are the vertical meters in the meter bar (top of the screen) varying in width?
The code for resizing that bar is a royal pain, I could see why it doesn't reproduce consistently.
That's correct. When expanded to full-screen width, it looks unaffected. But as the window shrinks, it scales down. And as it scales down, sometimes bands 3 and 4 become about half as wide as bands 1 and 2 (which appear to scale correctly). I'll grab a screenshot next time it happens. Pretty minor.

Should the AGC wideband be added to the vertical AGC meter bar?

Nice! So Enterprise is not the only idea for multiple instances? That should be interesting.

Also, is there any mouse-over information in the new GUI yet? Or do I have some sort of potential issue going on where none of that text shows up? I do see the full names of settings that are truncated when moused over, however.

edit: Also is ITU meter missing again? I can't seem to get it to show when loading settings I manually set to display.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:55 pm 

Quote:
Should the AGC wideband be added to the vertical AGC meter bar?
Probably, I'll have a look.
Quote:
Nice! So Enterprise is not the only idea for multiple instances? That should be interesting.
Oops, I think I was talking about Enterprise, but the one that's in open beta has the old soundcard framework I believe.
Quote:
Also, is there any mouse-over information in the new GUI yet? Or do I have some sort of potential issue going on where none of that text shows up?
Nope, it's in the known omissions or planned features somewhere... Help texts are not in there, they'll be integrated as a context menu item once context menus are supported.
Quote:
Also is ITU meter missing again? I can't seem to get it to show when loading settings I manually set to display.
There's a toggle to turn it on or of, since calculating it takes processing power. I think its located under Normal Output settings but I can't check right now.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2022 3:33 pm 

Quote:
Quote:
Also is ITU meter missing again? I can't seem to get it to show when loading settings I manually set to display.
There's a toggle to turn it on or of, since calculating it takes processing power. I think its located under Normal Output settings but I can't check right now.
I cannot find that toggle. I even made sure the "Measure ITU.1770=" in my settings file was 1. Still nothing in the meter bar.

While checking the Web interface, I noticed the Restart on Buffer Issues settings are not populated. Not sure if that's anything. I gotta keep remembering to check the first post for known issues.

Also when clicking the About button on the web interface, I'm taken to http://interface-ip:port/weird ... which I assume is the 404 equivalent?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2022 4:01 pm 

Hey! Thanks for the new web interface! It's gonna take some getting used to as everything's moved around. But it's definitely improved in certain ways.

I have some questions about the interface. Where are the bass, mid, presence, and trebble controls? They used to be right there with Deep Bass Synthesis, and I found them useful to adjust audio on the fly.
There's no quick adjust for the repair section, there used to be a way to turn each feature on/off there but when I go to localhost:8080/repair I get "Requested file not found inside Thimeo Stereo Tool binary!"
Also, the noise gate and probably other features I'm not sure are off or on because I'm using a screen reader. The buttons do not have alt text/labels. I found a check box in the advanced settings on the main page where my screen reader does indicate whether it's checked or not. "Don't allow above 0 dB" "Checked"
Can you please either add button labels for on/off, or switch the buttons to check boxes? The sliders/edit boxes work great with the screen reader, so thanks for that.
Here's info on button labeling. https://www.w3.org/WAI/tutorials/forms/labels/

One more thing, the StereoTool main program window can not be closed at least with the keyboard. I have to kill the program with task manager, I can write-click the system tray icon and use the menu but "exit" doesn't close the program at least for me. At least I somehow got the new settings to save.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2022 4:31 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
Where are the bass, mid, presence, and trebble controls? They used to be right there with Deep Bass Synthesis, and I found them useful to adjust audio on the fly.
The Gain values are placed under "Loudness", which you can open (I don't know how this works in a to-speech program...). There you can find "Lows gain", "Mids gain", Presence gain" etc.
Quote:
There's no quick adjust for the repair section.
On our todo list. I just added a popup for the processing section 2 days ago, and we need to do the same for both Repair and Bimp. I hope that that will help in your case. (And it will also contain on/off switches, so it might be a workable solution for the next issue)
Quote:
Also, the noise gate and probably other features I'm not sure are off or on because I'm using a screen reader. The buttons do not have alt text/labels. I found a check box in the advanced settings on the main page where my screen reader does indicate whether it's checked or not. "Don't allow above 0 dB" "Checked"
Can you please either add button labels for on/off, or switch the buttons to check boxes? The sliders/edit boxes work great with the screen reader, so thanks for that.
Here's info on button labeling. https://www.w3.org/WAI/tutorials/forms/labels/
I see that the checkboxes in title bars are of a different type (button instead of input type=checkbox), which probably explains this. Does your screen reader software say anything at all when it passes these things? We might be able to add some tag to it, but I don't know if you get any feedback that there's something clickable there.
Quote:
One more thing, the StereoTool main program window can not be closed at least with the keyboard. I have to kill the program with task manager, I can write-click the system tray icon and use the menu but "exit" doesn't close the program at least for me. At least I somehow got the new settings to save.
This requires some editing in the .ini file (you must have done that before; the close values have changed and that specifc setting doesn't get updated to the new version correctly).
Search for this line and set the value to 7:
Code:
Don't ask to close to tray=7

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2022 4:40 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I cannot find that toggle. I even made sure the "Measure ITU.1770=" in my settings file was 1. Still nothing in the meter bar.
I removed it under Normal Output because this "Measure ITU.1770" setting is obsolete now; it responds to the global "Hide CPU heavy monitoring" setting under "Graphical settings" on the "Application settings" page. Make sure that that's turned off and it should be there.
Quote:
While checking the Web interface, I noticed the Restart on Buffer Issues settings are not populated. Not sure if that's anything. I gotta keep remembering to check the first post for known issues.
Whoops. In the native interface we put 2 settings next to a checkbox, and that doesn't work in the web interface. I've changed it to how everything else works, the settings are visible in the web interface now.
Quote:
Also when clicking the About button on the web interface, I'm taken to http://interface-ip:port/weird ... which I assume is the 404 equivalent?
That's not the About button (which appears to be missing from the web interface), the idea here is to provide a page with warning messages. The plan is to put things like "your input level seems to be too low", "the AGC isn't doing much", "the noise gate is removing a lot of audio" etc, which are currently warning popups, in their own page. Hence the name "weird", this page will contain messages of possibly weird/suspicious settings/behaviors.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2022 4:51 pm 

Quote:

I removed it under Normal Output because this "Measure ITU.1770" setting is obsolete now; it responds to the global "Hide CPU heavy monitoring" setting under "Graphical settings" on the "Application settings" page. Make sure that that's turned off and it should be there.
Ah! That did it.

I'm noticing the Buffer bars in the Web interface are inverted: color fills in from the top/right.

The AGC Target Level on BIMP goes down to -38.3 but only to -12 in Processing.

Should this be somewhere in the middle? Or is -12 the most extreme one should go? TBH this is why I sought a more extreme level reduction from the Clipper Drive. I probably need to learn how to use a gosh dern multiband compressor, huh. :oops:

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2022 4:52 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
Quote:
It's TV Tool, it's R128, so nothing need to be right with ITU what you see. Ok, i'm wrong, there is reset button.
The EBU recommends the measurement of the average loudness of a programme (‘Programme Loudness’) for the normalisation of audio signals. (page 3)

Until now, we've supported what the standard says: programme loudness. You can reset the metering history if you want to measure from anything other than the start of your programme.

We'll consider implementing other live mode metering ("momentary" and/or "short-term" loudness, as specified here)

Your feedback on this metering is noted, no further need for comments on the matter.
Momentary and short term (3 seconds) are there now. I can add more with different time intervals (in fact they are there, just not shown) but it would clutter the interface if we don't find a good way to indicate what's what, so for now I'm leaving it at this.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2022 4:58 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
I'm noticing the Buffer bars in the Web interface are inverted: color fills in from the top/right.
That broke in the last update, we'll fix it. I just noticed it an hour ago myself.
Quote:
The AGC Target Level on BIMP goes down to -38.3 but only to -12 in Processing.

Should this be somewhere in the middle? Or is -12 the most extreme one should go? TBH this is why I sought a more extreme level reduction from the Clipper Drive. I probably need to learn how to use a gosh dern multiband compressor, huh. :oops:
That seems to be very extreme (-38). I think I forgot to reduce that range. We're trying to work towards 'sane' ranges instead of what we used to have.

The idea is that if you build a preset, you try to keep the levels within some range in all the different stages, that way you don't need massive adjustments later on. If your clipper input level hovers around or below 0 dB, then setting the clipper to +6 adds 6 dBs of clipping, and -6 should basically nearly never do anything at all anymore. The range is -12 to +12 which should be more than enough. An additional advantage of 'sane' levels is that you can enable or disable anything in the preset without large volume effects on the output.

One thing we want to add at some point is something that "sanifies" (is that even a word?) presets by adjusting intermediate levels (basically, we would send audio through the preset for some time, measure levels between all stages that affect loudness, and adjust drive/output levels such that the average level is the same at each step.

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 492 posts ]  Go to page Previous 15 6 7 8 950 Next