All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 492 posts ]  Go to page Previous 126 27 28 29 3050 Next
PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2022 5:53 pm 

super minor: The titlebar in Windows does not scale to the DPI on a per-monitor basis along with the contents of the window. Not major but it takes up extra unnecessary real-estate.

monitors: Primary 4k @200% DPI, secondary 1080p at 100% DPI

As you can see in the attached screenshot, the 4k on the top looks correctly scaled to 200%. However the 1080p on the bottom is incorrectly scaled down to 100% like the file explorer. You can see the ST titlebar is 2x the size of Windows' precedent.
Attachment:
Screenshot 2022-09-16 104723.png
Screenshot 2022-09-16 104723.png [ 28.89 KiB | Viewed 1579 times ]
edit: This is the Standalone win10x64 version.
edit2: Valiant was able to confirm this. Let me know if I need to re-explain anything in better terms or clarify.

Last edited by MrKlorox on Mon Sep 19, 2022 6:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2022 2:43 pm 

I spoke to Dmitry at RadioBOSS and he suggested the bug of slowness not enabling beta version was nothing to do with RadioBOSS. I therefore don't know what was causing it am stickig with the one that works 9.9.1

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2022 8:34 pm 

Can we get a copy of the AGC Stereo Matrix control (as mentioned in the linked thread) in the Stereo section? Only having it in the AGC area seems slightly confusing.

viewtopic.php?f=26&t=33326

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2022 6:37 pm 

Not sure when this started happening, but the Meter Bar in the Mobile WebGUI in Chrome on Android 13 freezes when enabling the oscilloscopes. The shortcuts still work when clicking on them, but there is no animation once the scopes are displayed. However, putting the 'website' into Desktop mode does keep the meter bar animating after enabling the scopes.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2022 6:52 pm 

I ran into a problem with the newgui VST2 64 992-053 in Virtual DJ 8.5 b7131.
Only the first time opening the newgui works fine. The next time it opens with a white screen without content. I can move the mouse, at some places the arrow changes in pointer, but that's it.

After opening another VST followed by opening the newgui again gives me the normal gui, but again just for once.

Attachments:
Knipsel.PNG
Knipsel.PNG [ 21.01 KiB | Viewed 1394 times ]

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2022 8:25 pm 

Heya, does this new web interface take singular commands via URL? For example, if somebody wanted to enable or disable the Stereo Encoder in the FM transmitter remotely without having access to the web interface proper, how would one do this? I see it's button 113, and when I click it it sends something in the inspector console saying 115 or 116, but how do I take advantage of this?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2022 9:43 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
Heya, does this new web interface take singular commands via URL? For example, if somebody wanted to enable or disable the Stereo Encoder in the FM transmitter remotely without having access to the web interface proper, how would one do this? I see it's button 113, and when I click it it sends something in the inspector console saying 115 or 116, but how do I take advantage of this?
Yes! We have a JSON interface. Detailed description of how to talk to it can be found in the MicroMPX documentation, under Help on the site. (For Stereo Tool it works exactly the same, you just need to know the ID's).

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2022 2:20 pm 

I know it's planned, but can we get a slight elevation in priority for mouse back/forward buttons? For a primarily mouse-driven interface (maybe one hand on ctrl/shift modifiers) it doesn't make much sense to require an additional hand for alt+left/right on the keyboard as the only non-GUI way to navigate.

edit: Ok just noticed the arrows work to manipulate the sliders if the mouse is resting over them. Can we also get the ability to use the mouse wheel if a slider is similarly being floated over without requiring a click?
Quote:
Yes! We have a JSON interface.
Thank you! I knew there was a way, but couldn't for the life of me think of what it was called or if it was unique to the new GUI.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2022 11:43 am 

Quote:
With the mouse over a slider could the cursor keys be used to set the slider position in tighter increments please ?
That has been in there from the beginning. Arrow keys up/down are coarse adjustment, left/right are fine adjustment.

Quote:
[...] the GUI doesn't update when anything is clicked on (200% dpi scaling at 4k) and instead needs the window to be resized for it to redraw. Same for the 64-bit VST in the 64-bit version of Radio Boss.
There have been many comments about RadioBoss being slow: it isn't. It's just not redrawing. At all.
Somehow RadioBoss is being a bit picky with screen draw messages.

I can't really test the DSP version, but the issue is fixed for VST.
I had to force the parent window to redraw as well as the plugin (which runs in its own child-window).
That probably doesn't fix DSP though. Could you let me know?

I also got around to supporting live resizing in the hosts I've tested, but I know it broke things in other hosts...
VST is a veritable sh*tstorm for developers.
Quote:
I spoke to Dmitry at RadioBOSS and he suggested the bug of slowness not enabling beta version was nothing to do with RadioBOSS.
Could you tell Dmitry that their plugin window somehow doesn't care about WM_PAINT messages being sent to the child with RDW_INTERNALPAINT?
It's probably missing some window or class style (maybe CS_PARENTDC? I'm not that familiar with styles for parent windows)

Dmitry was right in that RadioBOSS doesn't slow the ST plugin down or anything. It runs fine.

Quote:
Can we get a copy of the AGC Stereo Matrix control (as mentioned in the linked thread) in the Stereo section? Only having it in the AGC area seems slightly confusing.
Yeah, that's probably a good idea. It'll disappear when the AGC is turned off though.

Quote:
Not sure when this started happening, but the Meter Bar in the Mobile WebGUI in Chrome on Android 13 freezes when enabling the oscilloscopes.
There has been a major overhaul of the webserver and -client since you posted this. Is it still frozen?

Quote:
I ran into a problem with the newgui VST2 64 992-053 in Virtual DJ 8.5 b7131.
Only the first time opening the newgui works fine. The next time it opens with a white screen without content.
This should be fixed in the new build.

Quote:
I know it's planned, but can we get a slight elevation in priority for mouse back/forward buttons?
What do you mean? That's been in the new gui from the start (top left).

Quote:
Can we also get the ability to use the mouse wheel if a slider is similarly being floated over without requiring a click?
Nope.
I explicitly prevented that behaviour after accidentally moving sliders while (!) scrolling too many times.
Tried more elaborate solutions, but they were all too complicated and didn't really work.
As you've already noted previously, a middle mousebutton click 'activates' a slider without moving it.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2022 11:55 am 

Quote:
Quote:
[...] the GUI doesn't update when anything is clicked on (200% dpi scaling at 4k) and instead needs the window to be resized for it to redraw. Same for the 64-bit VST in the 64-bit version of Radio Boss.
There have been many comments about RadioBoss being slow: it isn't. It's just not redrawing. At all.
Somehow RadioBoss is being a bit picky with screen draw messages.

I can't really test the DSP version, but the issue is fixed for VST.
I had to force the parent window to redraw as well as the plugin (which runs in its own child-window).
That probably doesn't fix DSP though. Could you let me know?

I also got around to supporting live resizing in the hosts I've tested, but I know it broke things in other hosts...
VST is a veritable sh*tstorm for developers.
I'll do some testing, Thanks!
Quote:
Quote:
Not sure when this started happening, but the Meter Bar in the Mobile WebGUI in Chrome on Android 13 freezes when enabling the oscilloscopes.
There has been a major overhaul of the webserver and -client since you posted this. Is it still frozen?
Nice, will test as soon as I can.
Quote:

Quote:
I know it's planned, but can we get a slight elevation in priority for mouse back/forward buttons?
What do you mean? That's been in the new gui from the start (top left).
I meant the thumb navigation buttons on the side of the mouse themselves. Like one would navigate a website or Windows or many UIs (sadly game UIs tend to ignore these buttons too).
Quote:
Quote:
Can we also get the ability to use the mouse wheel if a slider is similarly being floated over without requiring a click?
Nope.
I explicitly prevented that behaviour after accidentally moving sliders while (!) scrolling too many times.
Tried more elaborate solutions, but they were all too complicated and didn't really work.
As you've already noted previously, a middle mousebutton click 'activates' a slider without moving it.
Fair enough! It did seem intentional, but I thought I'd ask anyway.

edit: Will this be beta 061 when it uploads? Or is it already available?

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 492 posts ]  Go to page Previous 126 27 28 29 3050 Next