All times are UTC+02:00

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 492 posts ]  Go to page Previous 13 4 5 6 750 Next
PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2022 3:21 pm 

Quote:
The ITU meter currently measures the total level over all time. Which is how ITU1770 (actually R128) is to be used for TV at least; you're supposed to make sure that each *program* reaches a specific target level. This is also the most useful metric for streams that want to reach a specific level; you can let it run for a while and then verify if your level is correct, and make adjustments (and then reset the measurement) based on the long term average level. On silence it normally should stay frozen, at least in the measurement as described here.
Interesting. So that means, for example.. i had 10 tracks to about - 14lufs, then few tracks at -11lufs, My ST will measure that as average around -12.5lufs and literaly i'll be lied that my program is -12.5lufs.
Or, i'll actually never see real loudness level on current track.
And why TV? Can we have modes for radio?

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2022 3:23 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
ASIO buffer meter doesn't fill for FM Output

Would it be possible to reset the ITU meter by right-clicking it instead of digging for the button?
That's the plan.

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2022 3:37 pm 

Quote:
ASIO buffer meter doesn't fill for FM Output
This is not true anymore. I rebooted my PC and it came back.

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2022 4:49 pm 

Quote:
I just can't stand how big this GUI is. Also does make zero difference if i set windows compatibility DPI scaling.
It is so big that i need to fill almost whole my screen width with ST window just to make MB1>Detection settings not scrollable horizontally. Not to mention that vertically i don't even have place left to normally see meters on top. They look so small compared to everything else.
On other hand gui generaly works much better, there is no sttutering in screen, meters, scopers, etc, are smoother, big cpu usage tho, not workable on any of my core2duo cpus.

I still think that all meter filters should stay always at one same place. I mean HOME> Then i click TrueBass, I don't see anymore all other meters i see only TrueBass metter (and rest meters in chain) even it shows meters for it right under, again.
I agree with Bojcha. Meters are more important and should be more visible than settings. And where is MPX dbr power meter? For some countries this is a must.

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2022 6:03 pm 

When lowering the individual AGC band Levels, I'm able to scroll below -12 on the mouse wheel, even though the display remains at -12. If I scroll down to -12, then scroll the mouse wheel down further, scrolling up takes the same amount of scrolling before it starts affecting the GUI. I don't think the audio itself is affected.

AGC Band meters 1 and 2 are wider than bands 3 and 4 on the display when shrinking the viewport. I can't get this to reproduce consistently. Perhaps something to do with changing from 4 bands to 2 and back?

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2022 6:48 pm 

Since there are now exposed settings to choose how ST is closed, can we get an option for minimizing it to the regular taskbar? I work on multiple monitors and don't always have access to the primary one where the system tray resides.

I'd like to be able to minimize to the taskbar as well as close to the system tray, and exit from the tray icon. It'll be handier than keeping multiple identical-looking windows open just so you can read the instance name in the taskbar.

Thanks!

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2022 7:05 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
Quote:
Alternatively, if there are specific settings that lots of people use all the time we could build a page that just contains those.
These are the ones I use the most and the way I'd want to interact with it.

speech detection (toggle)
processing latency (drop-down menu)
declipper (toggle)
dequantizer (toggle)
noise gate (slider)
true bass (toggle, overall sub-bass slider, AND strength of both bands)
sub bass boost (strength slider)
immersive bass (toggle)
bass exciter (toggle)
natural dynamics (toggle)
agc (toggle, threshold, and drive)
bass clipper (drive and threshold)
clipper drive (both sliders)

I'm terrible at compressors, so I try to avoid them personally. I'm sure this list can also be trimmed.
This seems useful. I've put in a processing overview page, which settings are shown alongside the on/off switches is pretty random - we need to look at that in more detail but I'm stopping for today. (I'll try to do the same thing tomorrow for Repair and The BIMP).
Attachment:
Toggle.png
Toggle.png [ 113.97 KiB | Viewed 2878 times ]

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2022 7:07 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
Quote:
The ITU meter currently measures the total level over all time. Which is how ITU1770 (actually R128) is to be used for TV at least; you're supposed to make sure that each *program* reaches a specific target level. This is also the most useful metric for streams that want to reach a specific level; you can let it run for a while and then verify if your level is correct, and make adjustments (and then reset the measurement) based on the long term average level. On silence it normally should stay frozen, at least in the measurement as described here.
Interesting. So that means, for example.. i had 10 tracks to about - 14lufs, then few tracks at -11lufs, My ST will measure that as average around -12.5lufs and literaly i'll be lied that my program is -12.5lufs.
What people often want is a specific average level over a long period. That's what the current measurement is for. What do you mean lied, if it says that your program is -12.5 LUFS then it was... just not all the time. But it was on average.

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2022 7:07 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
Quote:
I just can't stand how big this GUI is. Also does make zero difference if i set windows compatibility DPI scaling.
It is so big that i need to fill almost whole my screen width with ST window just to make MB1>Detection settings not scrollable horizontally. Not to mention that vertically i don't even have place left to normally see meters on top. They look so small compared to everything else.
On other hand gui generaly works much better, there is no sttutering in screen, meters, scopers, etc, are smoother, big cpu usage tho, not workable on any of my core2duo cpus.

I still think that all meter filters should stay always at one same place. I mean HOME> Then i click TrueBass, I don't see anymore all other meters i see only TrueBass metter (and rest meters in chain) even it shows meters for it right under, again.
I agree with Bojcha. Meters are more important and should be more visible than settings. And where is MPX dbr power meter? For some countries this is a must.
It's next to the ITU level meter. It's marked "MPX", and it's on the right (it was missing in BETA011, it should be there in BETA012).

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2022 9:10 pm 

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
What people often want is a specific average level over a long period. That's what the current measurement is for. What do you mean lied, if it says that your program is -12.5 LUFS then it was... just not all the time. But it was on average.
nvm, we'll all use external meters as always.

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 492 posts ]  Go to page Previous 13 4 5 6 750 Next